movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
clare-l
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby clare-l » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:22 pm

http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=9345

First picture of Thor. WHY IS THIS FILM NOT OUT ALREADY? :(

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm

clare-l wrote:http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=9345

they dont want it clashing with Iron Man or Captain America, so it wont be released for another year yet. which is good cas then they can reshoot any scenes which are god aweful. it wont be as big as Iron Man though so dont expect SFX that amaze you.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Luke_X wrote:

they dont want it clashing with Iron Man or Captain America, so it wont be released for another year yet. which is good cas then they can reshoot any scenes which are god aweful. it wont be as big as Iron Man though so dont expect SFX that amaze you.

It was a hypothetical question. But why would it not be as big as Iron Man? Same studio, and it's being made looking towards The Avengers just like Iron Man 2/Captain America are. They've picked a smaller-name actor for the lead but it's still a big-budget comic film.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:33 pm

clare-l wrote:
Luke_X wrote:

It was a hypothetical question. But why would it not be as big as Iron Man? Same studio, and it's being made looking towards The Avengers just like Iron Man 2/Captain America are. They've picked a smaller-name actor for the lead but it's still a big-budget comic film.

im not saying it wouldnt be big budget, i actually expect to spend a fair bit on it to get Valhalla looking right and on some of the SFX, im just sayig dont expect it to match Iron Man or Spiderman in terms of genious. and with some big names in this film its gonna obivously be quite good, all i know is the guy who plays Thor is in Iron Man 2 (havent seen it yet going next week) and will set up the film.

Captain America will obviously have mega bucks thrown at it because he is the main charcter of The Avengers and they will obviously play on the rivalry between Captain America and Iron Man. that i could imagine being a good partner to the genious of Iron Man.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:53 pm

The guy who plays Thor isn't in Iron Man 2, I saw it the other day ;) there is a Thor teaser though, after the end credits.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 pm

Alexander Skarsgård should be Thor, FACT.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:58 pm

i just read he is in Iron Man 2 to set up the Thor film. maybe its wrong, ill have to see if i can spot him somewhere. theres always lots of name dropping in Marvel films

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:00 pm

Finnvitka wrote:Alexander Skarsgård should be Thor, FACT.

Daddy Kirk is looking pretty good :P I think I prefer him.. because Askars is too recognisable. Plus his dad's in it!

It definitely is wrong, I've seen it! No Chris Hemsworth anywhere, not even a glimpse!

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:02 pm

clare-l wrote:
Finnvitka wrote:Alexander Skarsgård should be Thor, FACT.

Daddy Kirk is looking pretty good :P I think I prefer him.. because Askars is too recognisable. Plus his dad's in it!

It definitely is wrong, I've seen it! No Chris Hemsworth anywhere, not even a glimpse!

But Askars is so, so SO pretty. And Askars and Daddy Askars is a combination for awesome and sexy accent overload.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:
Danroush wrote:Worst thing is the glasses really,

"Oh bugger can't find the remote" "it's ok only a tenner"

"Oh bugger can't find the high tech new 3D glasses" "OH SHIT THAT'S £200!!!"

If they cost that much, people will inevitably a lot more careful with them anyway. I mean, if you paid £200 for a nice compact digital camera, you wouldn't exactly leave it lying around somewhere were it could easily be broken/lost/misplaced.

Twas a joke really, but yeah I suppose you're right, but I wouldn't want to have to wear/keep them sae
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Sat May 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Birdemic. Literally the worst film ever made. Don't believe me? Go watch the trailer on youtube. It's horrifyingly bad and unintentionally hilarious.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Sat May 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Is Centurion any good? I'm tempted by the subject matter but eh reviews have been dubious.

Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Podgie. » Sun May 02, 2010 8:29 am

clare-l wrote:Birdemic. Literally the worst film ever made.

I might have to watch it to see if it's worse than Guts of a Beauty :lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun May 02, 2010 8:59 am

Big D wrote:Is Centurion any good? I'm tempted by the subject matter but eh reviews have been dubious.

your telling me there is a film worse than Twilight?

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sun May 02, 2010 10:37 am

Luke_X wrote:i just read he is in Iron Man 2 to set up the Thor film. maybe its wrong, ill have to see if i can spot him somewhere. theres always lots of name dropping in Marvel films

He's not in it as such, but as near as dammit.

I thought Iron Man was a very solid sequel, although I thought the final battle could have been a bit longer, there should have been an AC/DC cameo and I still think they should have got Stephen Fry to do the voice of Jarvis...or Joseph Marcell for the lolz.

I was expecting to prefer the second part to the first, like I did with the X-Men, Spiderman and Blade franchises, but with this franchise I think the first part has the edge.

That said, so far the third firm in each of the aforementioned franchises has sucked, so perhaps breaking the pattern is a good thing.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!