movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Jobdone » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Original cast, original writing team

Ah, so a bunch of "Lol i'm too old for this shit" jokes and a bunch of references to the original film that'll go down wonders with fans, but will make no sense to a new audience so they'll get tossed within the first draft, and will be replaced with some kind of joke about how Slimer is getting as old as the cast and is now incontinent despite his constant eating and drinking.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:42 pm

from what i read a while ago, its not going to reference the other films too much and be its own film. although im unsure what Bill Murray wants to do. at first he said no, then said yes only if his character was killed off and then a month ago said he wanted to be one of the main characters again. and with Dan Akkroyd writing again im sure it will be funny.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:55 pm

Luke_X wrote: although im unsure what Bill Murray wants to do. at first he said no, then said yes only if his character was killed off and then a month ago said he wanted to be one of the main characters again.

Ah, so not in it for the money at all then.

Luke_X wrote: and with Dan Akkroyd writing again im sure it will be funny.

Let us remind ourselves of Dan Aykroyd's post Ghostbusters writing CV...

Blues Brothers 2000.
The Blues Brothers Animates Series.
Coneheads.
Assorted Ghostbusters video games.
The Real Ghostbusters.

The last things Aykroyd wrote of any note (Spies Like Us and Dragnet) were both over 20 years ago.

kle110
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby kle110 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:00 pm

District 9.

People have been raving about it since it came out so I thought it would be great. However I couldn't take it seriously at all, alien prawns? What the hell..

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Last night I watched Predators The most recent one. It was was somewhat plotless but fun nonetheless. It occured to me afterwards that each Predator they killed took everything they had to bring it down except the second which made the mistake of attacking a lone member of the Yakuza in a field while he had a samurai sword. If you ask me that is ABSOLUTE PROOF that racial stereotyping is sometimes true. All japanese people have the capability to be samurai.....
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

escapeofthedoll
Consort of the Beast

Postby escapeofthedoll » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:24 pm

kle110 wrote:District 9.

People have been raving about it since it came out so I thought it would be great. However I couldn't take it seriously at all, alien prawns? What the hell..

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't take it seriously either.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 pm

V-Man wrote: If you ask me that is ABSOLUTE PROOF that racial stereotyping is sometimes true. All japanese people have the capability to be samurai.....

Yakuza by traditon know martial arts and sword play :yes:

It has nothing to do with race, it was to do with his profession as a yakuza hitman

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:07 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
V-Man wrote: If you ask me that is ABSOLUTE PROOF that racial stereotyping is sometimes true. All japanese people have the capability to be samurai.....

It has nothing to do with race, it was to do with his profession as a yakuza hitman

So wouldn't his preferred weapon of choice be , I dunno..a gun of some description?

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:09 pm

Just watched: Night at the Museum 2.
Entertaining family film, I thought, some amusing moments, a gleefully camp villain and for a Parental Bonus - Amy Adams in tight trousers.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Big D wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:

So wouldn't his preferred weapon of choice be , I dunno..a gun of some description?

He had a gun. It had run out of ammo.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Plus he was Yakuza :|

1 on 1 combat traditionally is with sword

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:29 pm

I wonder which was sharper. His Katana.. or his dress sense. You knew he meant business as soon as you saw his suit.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:12 am

Watched Army of Darkness for the first time last night. Awesome stuff

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Went to see Despicable Me last night, fucking loved it! Really crazy, fun kids animation film :)

Also The Creeps arrived this morning (despite putting the order in yesterday!), so that'll be watched soon, I imagine..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Beowulf and Grendel
Yet another take on the Beowulf legend. Tone-wise it's midway between The Thirteenth Warrior (If there was only one beastie) and Beowulf ( minus Angelina Jolie.)
Not bad, bit slow-moving mind.