movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 am

Eh, you still didn't see him in the film. They got Wade Wilson about right, when it's just Ryan Reynolds being a wise-ass and spinning his swords about (for Deadpool, just do that but in a red costume). In fact, do yourself a favour and forget him being referenced to as "Deadpool" :yes:

Then go watch the animated movie Hulk vs Wolverine, because it's awesome and has a decent version of Deadpool in it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:20 am

I'm waiting for the deadpool game. It's the only way we will get an 18 rated deadpool. If his own movie ever did get made, Fox will never make it as bloody, gory, violent or as bat shit crazy. They want their money, not to make a faithful movie.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:41 am

Just watched Safety Not Guaranteed.

I'd time travel with Aubrey Plaza. Aww yea.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 pm

The first 3 X-Men films seemed ashamed of their comic influences. Their need to make everything blue and grey and black instead of having the cool colours and flare the comics had made the whole trilogy look a bit flat. That said, I loved the first 2 films. The third one had a couple of genuinely awesome scenes (mainly Magneto lifting a fucking bridge) but that's it.

I can't, in hindsight, complain too much about Origins, because apart from fucking Deadpool up, it was so unmemorable I forgot what I was supposed to be complaining about.

Did you see First Class, Andy? I thought that was brilliant. One of the best comic book-based films going, in my opinion :)
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I own the whole lot of Bluray, anything Marvel and DC release I tend to get, I have loads of the animated feature films aswell, i'm witing for Dark Knight Returns 2 to come out on Bluray on June 13th, I also have all 4 seasons of the 90s Batman cartoon, even though they say region 1 , all work on UK dvd players

I am yet to see a next gen superhero film that I havn't enjoyed, each is just pure escapism and I am not a comic fan so I tend to go in with an open mind not looking for things to be right, or costumes or the look, I have seen the X Men cartoons but honestly, I find them really childish and the movies are balot more universal and less insulting to an older audience in my mind, if Wolverine was wearing Yellow spandex, i think it would be too comedy for me to enjoy watching it :lol:

Although I did find Captain America harder going than any of the other Marvel movies
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 pm

im quite glad what MArvel are doing with Phase 2. Thor is going to be much more 'Game of Thrones' and epic. Captain America is switching from WW2 action to spy thriller. Iron Man already looks to be taking a much more personal tone with Tony's mind.

the one i do want to know more about is Guardians, which has very little information apart from some very odd casting but it can only expose more of Thanos (maybe as a background villain like Avengers but a bit more screen time)

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Some Ant-Man footage has leaked too, but it's a bit early to tell what that'll be like.

Am I the only one that is getting the feeling that these films will all lead up the The Civil War? How fucking amazing would that be?

I only suspect this because Fantastic 4 is getting a reboot, as is Daredevil. Dunno what'll be done with Spider-Man and the whole X-Men thing is a bit of a mess.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Luke_X wrote:im quite glad what MArvel are doing with Phase 2. Thor is going to be much more 'Game of Thrones' and epic. Captain America is switching from WW2 action to spy thriller. Iron Man already looks to be taking a much more personal tone with Tony's mind.

the one i do want to know more about is Guardians, which has very little information apart from some very odd casting but it can only expose more of Thanos (maybe as a background villain like Avengers but a bit more screen time)

Guardians looks a bit silly to be honest, but I will wait for a trailer, again never knew they existed until the film was announced :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:

I only suspect this because Fantastic 4 is getting a reboot, as is Daredevil. Dunno what'll be done with Spider-Man and the whole X-Men thing is a bit of a mess.

The Directors Cut if daredevil is awesome, they made 2 versions of the film, the cinema release was terrible, they should have released the 2nd version, that was more detective mystery and violent, and closer to the book, they missed a trick with that film, but at least I have that version to enjoy on Bluray

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:15 pm

I didn't see the Directors edition. In fact I had no idea it was different at all, so I might consider looking it up.

I'm not really familiar with Guardians but if they can make something as silly sounding as Thor work well, I don't see how this should be much different.

Ok, regardless of the fact that this will be one of the characters..

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:Some Ant-Man footage has leaked too, but it's a bit early to tell what that'll be like.

Am I the only one that is getting the feeling that these films will all lead up the The Civil War? How fucking amazing would that be?

if Civil War did happen, Marvel would need all their characters back, or at least work out some arrangement with all the other companies like Fox and Sony for a joint venture. but it would have to be a mammothly long film or we'd only see each character for about 2 seconds.

i think World War Hulk is much more plausible as Kevin Feige (head Marvel) keeps saying he'd like to do it, which will mean we will get a Planet Hulk movie which has also been well rumoured as the next Hulk movie.

i know Sony are trying to keep hold of F4, but i think they have lost Daredevil and it's gone back to Marvel. but the last i heard it was still kinda up in the air. X-Men, i dont think Marvel will ever see that go back to them unless Disney forks out enough money, the same for Spiderman.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:I didn't see the Directors edition. In fact I had no idea it was different at all, so I might consider looking it up.

It's a completely different film, they filmed 2 types of scene, 1 where he was pro church, one where he was anti church, in the directors cut he's basically judge jury and executioner, he doesn't feel remorse for those he kills unlike the other version where he does, the violence is ramped up, Michael Clarke Duncan is actually scary in it, Coolio is in the film and plays a very big part to the extended plot that is a murder of a prostitute that he's accused of committing, but ultimately Murdoch uses his detective skills whiche leads him to Fisk corps , there is no love scene unlike the theatrical version, it is literally a different movie :yes:

about 35 minutes longer too

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:21 pm

World War Hulk happened because of the Civil War. You can't have one without the other.

I say this, but we're talking about Hollywood Blockbusters. There's now way it'll happen and if it did, it would be veeerryy different.

I do agree on the Civil War film though, you'd need at least three parts to it :lol:

Andy Hall wrote:
Delightful-Jim wrote:I didn't see the Directors edition. In fact I had no idea it was different at all, so I might consider looking it up.

It's a completely different film, they filmed 2 types of scene, 1 where he was pro church, one where he was anti church, in the directors cut he's basically judge jury and executioner, he doesn't feel remorse for those he kills unlike the other version where he does, the violence is ramped up, Michael Clarke Duncan is actually scary in it, Coolio is in the film and plays a very big part to the extended plot that is a murder of a prostitute that he's accused of committing, but ultimately Murdoch uses his detective skills whiche leads him to Fisk corps , there is no love scene unlike the theatrical version, it is literally a different movie :yes:

about 35 minutes longer too

Ahhhh so they've done an Alien 3 on it. Cool! I'll look it up when I have the time :yes:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Luke_X wrote:i think World War Hulk is much more plausible as Kevin Feige (head Marvel) keeps saying he'd like to do it, which will mean we will get a Planet Hulk movie which has also been well rumoured as the next Hulk movie.

Really, they have already don't the animated feature film ?, i know they are looking at Dr Strange down the line

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Dr.Strange will happen. Couldn't tell you when though.

I also remember his animated film being pretty decent!