movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:32 am

Applecore wrote:Currently watching this lump of '80s cheddar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUD0jgnoS-8

Downloading now.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:35 am

Half an hour in, so far, so fucking terrible. I think I'm in love.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:51 am

Applecore wrote:Currently watching this lump of '80s cheddar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUD0jgnoS-8

That looks like the sort of film where the trailer is more fun than actually sitting through the entire film! Not sure how it passed me by back in the day.

Watched Ghost Rider last night, I`d been well primed that it was awful so had low expectations. I sat through it which is one thing I guess...can`t think of much else nice to say about it!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:11 am

Soze wrote:

That looks like the sort of film where the trailer is more fun than actually sitting through the entire film! Not sure how it passed me by back in the day.

Terrible acting, worse plot, the effects are tacky, the hair is HUGE, but it's actually quite a fun film.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Ok, TerrorVision was pretty good.
Now watching The Willies..
(From IMDB) Two brothers camping with their cousin try to frighten each other by telling stories. There are two main narrations: one involves strange happenings at an elementary school; the other, a teenage boy with a peculiar interest.

20 minutes in and so far it's your typical early-90s American "Young Horror" movie. The first "main narration" is a straight-up rip of a Stephen King short story (Here There Be Tygers from Skeleton Crew) - what's funny about it is that the little boy who stars in the story looks like he could grow up to be Stephen King, even down to the bottle-end glasses.
Still, it's watchable, cheesy and fun.

EDIT: Scratch that, the first half is watchable, cheesy fun. The second tale is about a fat kid who likes to play with dead flies.. nothing special.

Overall, I'd give the film 6/10

Now watching The Punisher (starring Dolph Lundgren)
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:51 pm

for those that care, The Human Centipede 2. this makes me sad to think that making a sick film is all people care about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an1H_XH9XIg

also Underworld 4 has been approved and Kate BEckinsale is goign to return as Selene. i just hope its like the first film and not the waste of space the second film is.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:58 pm

I enjoyed all 3 Underworld films , but i think they went too far away from the gothic style of the first one, and just made it an action horror second time around , the third one I really liked too

Personally i'm glad a 4th is on its way, and there is talk about an NBC series aswell at the moment

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:04 pm

Luke_X wrote:for those that care, The Human Centipede 2. this makes me sad to think that making a sick film is all people care about.

Not surprised at all by that trailer. It's been confirmed for a long time that there'll be a "Full Sequence" and that the tagline will be "100% Medically IN-accurate", so it's fair to say that Tom Six has a sense of humour. Seems a lot of people are missing the point of the trailer.

Anyway, rumour has it that Full Sequence will feature a centipede made of 12 people. Yum.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Applecore wrote:
Luke_X wrote:for those that care, The Human Centipede 2. this makes me sad to think that making a sick film is all people care about.

Not surprised at all by that trailer. It's been confirmed for a long time that there'll be a "Full Sequence" and that the tagline will be "100% Medically IN-accurate", so it's fair to say that Tom Six has a sense of humour. Seems a lot of people are missing the point of the trailer.

Anyway, rumour has it that Full Sequence will feature a centipede made of 12 people. Yum.

well i was curious what the whole 'full sequence' was about or is that the title of the film?. the trailer is interesting and im curious about the film, so the trailer did its job.

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:I enjoyed all 3 Underworld films , but i think they went too far away from the gothic style of the first one, and just made it an action horror second time around , the third one I really liked too

Personally i'm glad a 4th is on its way, and there is talk about an NBC series aswell at the moment

the only Underworld film i felt let down was the second. it was just an action flick masquerading as a vampire film. it wasnt as dark as the first film but luckily the prequel bought it back. so fingers crossed the darkness will be present in the 4th film and not so much kicking and fighting going on until the end.

necrochrist
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby necrochrist » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:18 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wqmnJrOFM

downloading this at the moment looks fucking quality
:yes:

thatjamiefella
Consort of the Beast

Postby thatjamiefella » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:58 pm

Human Centipede was an absolute steaming pile of shit that wasn't even good on a bad level. I was disgusted at myself for wasting my time with this movie. A mistake that shall not happen with the sequel.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Applecore wrote:Fuck, is that also known as "Vampire Killer Barbys"? Because I used to have that on DVD (one Halloween I bought a copy of each horror film in Poundland) but never got around to watching it. Ran out of space for new (good) DVDs and flogged most of what I'd bought.

Yeah, for some reason it was released as "Vampire Killer Barbys" in Europe despite the fact there are absolutely no vampires in it :?

Some rock band with a hot chick singer are on tour and there tour bus just happens to break down outside a haunted castle run by some old bag who baths in blood and an army of demented dwarves, typical Franco poop - shit acting, no storyline, the worst special effects ever and hilariously dubbing. All the fun things you could've done in an hour and a half will flash through your head if you ever sit through this thing. Life's too short - don't waste it watching Killer Barbys!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:47 am

necrochrist wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-wqmnJrOFM

downloading this at the moment looks fucking quality
:yes:

:lol:

That looks mint

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:54 am

Luke_X wrote:
Applecore wrote:

well i was curious what the whole 'full sequence' was about or is that the title of the film?. the trailer is interesting and im curious about the film, so the trailer did its job.

It's the sub-title of the film. Like the original was "The Human Centipede: First Sequence".
I think it's a bit silly that they've released that video as a trailer, as it gives next to no insight as to the movie itself (other than it's going to be fucked up, which we knew already after the first sequence). I'll definitely be watching, anyway.

bloodfiend wrote:
Applecore wrote:Fuck, is that also known as "Vampire Killer Barbys"? Because I used to have that on DVD (one Halloween I bought a copy of each horror film in Poundland) but never got around to watching it. Ran out of space for new (good) DVDs and flogged most of what I'd bought.

Yeah, for some reason it was released as "Vampire Killer Barbys" in Europe despite the fact there are absolutely no vampires in it :?

Some rock band with a hot chick singer are on tour and there tour bus just happens to break down outside a haunted castle run by some old bag who baths in blood and an army of demented dwarves, typical Franco poop - shit acting, no storyline, the worst special effects ever and hilariously dubbing. All the fun things you could've done in an hour and a half will flash through your head if you ever sit through this thing. Life's too short - don't waste it watching Killer Barbys!

Sounds like I did right in selling it before giving it a watch then :lol:
Out of curiosity, have you seen either of the first 2 Demons films?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:40 am

Last night I watched a dodgy 1996 horror/comedy/sci-fi thing with Julie Cooper from the OC starring, spending 90% of the movie in a skin tight latex suit, called The Killer Tongue.

It was pretty lovely.

Also included her dogs turning into gay men and other amazing, confusing stuff. Very watchable when drunk.