movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 am

Soze wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:I'll stick with my action and adventure films I think :lol:

The Fly is so much more than a horror film, probably closer to s/f tbh. It's a masterpiece, actually quite a moving affair. I think it's one of the greatest movies ever made.

Yeah you're not convincing me, I'm just not a fan of this stuff sorry, some people are just wired different, I can watch an autopsy no problem, stick a horror film on and I'm gone :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:38 pm

kaosweaver20 wrote:Movie night with my best mate tonight, it's the usual standard Saturday night! :D The Fly, the Fly 2 and then as many Hellraiser movies as we can manage before sleep takes us.

Sounds like an awesome night!
Though, as much as I do like The Fly 2, the love interest character, Beth (Daphne Zuniga - Vespa from Spaceballs) is just bizarre.
She works in the lab where Martin has grown up, and should know that despite his mid-20s body, he's only 5 years old. Yet she still enters a relationship with him and has no second thoughts about banging him. Then later, when he inevitably turns into a giant fly monster, she's totally cool with it. Just one of those things, y'know? But when that dude gets squished by an elevator, she screams!
The 5yr old grown man I just fucked has turned into a giant killer fly monster? Cool.
One of the guys who was just trying to kill me and my love has been killed by an elevator? Hell no, son.
Weird woman.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Soze wrote:

The Fly is so much more than a horror film, probably closer to s/f tbh. It's a masterpiece, actually quite a moving affair. I think it's one of the greatest movies ever made.

At the end, when he's fully morphed and begging for death...I shed a tear. :|

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:49 pm

kaosweaver20 wrote:
Soze wrote:

At the end, when he's fully morphed and begging for death...I shed a tear. :|

Nothing to be ashamed of! Other than the metamorphosis it really isn't a horror film. I wouldn't dream of recommending something like Hellraiser or Evil Dead to Andy (the big girl's blouse :P ) but he's doing himself a dis-service by avoiding this.

I watched the first half of Oz the Great and Powerful tonight. Absolute shite.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm

You guys really have to get in touch with your inner child once in a while, if it's not nasty horror, or snuff levels of violence you lot aren't entertained :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:06 pm

I've watch Evil Dead (new), Monsters University, Despicable Me 2, Spring Breakers, Tenacious D Pick Of Destiny, Now You See Me, Star Wars IV & starting to rewatch the Hannibal Lecter films, all this weekend.

I think there's enough variation there. You just need to appreciate a bit of gore :p

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Hey, I watched Wreck It Ralph the other day and loved it! Very few of my favourite movies are horror films tbh, the Romero Dead films would be...and probably Evil Dead and The Thing. My favourite movies ever are Mulholland Drive and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and there's no gore or violence in either of them!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:17 am

Just watched Hot Tub Time Machine. Enjoyed it but the constant musical anachronisms niggled me way more than they should have done. The bulk of the film is set in 1986 and all the clothes, hairstyles and gadgets match up to it well enough, but for some unknown reason the soundtrack consisted largely of songs from 1987-1989.
At one point during the Poison concert, Keep Your Eye on the Money by Motley Crue is being played, and the end credits make no sense either. When one character stays in 1986 and replaces Crue's Vince Neil for the Home Sweet Home video, that song had already been released with a video the previous year.
Funny film but with some seriously lazy musical research.
7/10

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:07 am

Watched "Now you see me" the other day. Fairly enjoyable but several plot holes and loose ends left, and it also left me thinking "what was the point in that" in regards to a few characters
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:07 am

Bisset wrote:Watched "Now you see me" the other day. Fairly enjoyable but several plot holes and loose ends left, and it also left me thinking "what was the point in that" in regards to a few characters

I'm going to see that today, either that or After Earth anyway

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:28 am

Watched man on a ledge last night. I think I could have made the film last about 40 minutes and still got the same from it.

Watched wrong turn 2 the other night too. It was ridiculous. Enjoyed it in a strange mutant wanking kinda ridiculous way.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:20 am

Ndnd wrote:Watched wrong turn 2 the other night too. It was ridiculous. Enjoyed it in a strange mutant wanking kinda ridiculous way.

Rollins. 8)

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Ndnd wrote:Watched wrong turn 2 the other night too. It was ridiculous. Enjoyed it in a strange mutant wanking kinda ridiculous way.

Rollins. 8)

Ha ha funny because I watched Wrong turn 5 over the weekend. Rubbish.
I see the bad moon arising.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:03 pm

I preferred Part 5 to Bloody Beginnings tbh. According to the director of the last 3, it looks like there's going to be at least two more.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:16 pm

That'll be nice :eyes:

I jumped straight from 2 to 5 because of the bad reviews of 3 and 4. I figured I wasn't missing much :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.