movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:16 pm

SALT Directors Cut - a lot more enjoyable second time around,and looking forward to the sequel that is out 2012 7.5/10

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Applecore wrote:New Moon is still fucking AWFUL, even with the guys taking the piss..

I did warn you, you know.
Many times. At length. And with diagrams and charts.

What has been seen...
So now I'm watching The Room again :P
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:23 pm

swjmcollins wrote:Just seen the new Family Guy/Star Wars cross over Family Guy: It's a Trap...

Have to admit it's not as good as Blue Harvest or Something, Something, Something Darkside but it still does have some decent belly laughs

True.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:32 pm

Jobdone wrote:
swjmcollins wrote:Just seen the new Family Guy/Star Wars cross over Family Guy: It's a Trap...

Have to admit it's not as good as Blue Harvest or Something, Something, Something Darkside but it still does have some decent belly laughs

True.

i had heard that there is a disclaimer at the beginning from Seth McFarlane saying that isnt what they wanted the 3rd episode to be like and were forced to rush it by Fox. no idea if this is true as im waiting for it to be released.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Pretty much. The opening text says how they ran out of steam on it and stuff. Not sure how true that is because they're constantly ripping Fox. That said, there's quite a few jokes in it about how forced it all is. S'alright anyway.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Applecore wrote:Pretty much. The opening text says how they ran out of steam on it and stuff. Not sure how true that is because they're constantly ripping Fox. That said, there's quite a few jokes in it about how forced it all is. S'alright anyway.

"So we're running out of our characters now? Okay"

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:52 pm

tbh i would have been happy to wait another year for them to fine tune it. it was 2 years between Blue Harvest and Something Something. but Fox are a bunch of money grabbing cunts. even Matt Groening has had a fair few digs at them over the last few years recently especially through Futurama.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:54 pm

They've said that It's a Trap is the last Star Wars parody, but I reckon that's just until Fox get super greedy again.. Meg as JarJar perhaps?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Family Guy got a lot more mileage out of it than anyone was probably expecting and it probably dosen't have much left in it. They've probably got the 'let's run this bitch into the ground' thing going on. Probably.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:57 pm

lol i wouldnt be surprised. i was actually expecting her or Ollie Williams to be Boba Fett. it was obvious they were running out of characters to use otherwise they wouldnt have had to use some from American Dad and Cleveland Show.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:33 am

Applecore wrote:Pretty much. The opening text says how they ran out of steam on it and stuff. Not sure how true that is because they're constantly ripping Fox. That said, there's quite a few jokes in it about how forced it all is. S'alright anyway.

"We're doing Jedi aren't we".
"Let's just get through this, okay".

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:53 am

Sinmara wrote:
RedTeamWins wrote:
Sinmara wrote:I watched Tokyo Gore Police yesterday, THAT is one great movie. The Japanese definitely know how to make kick ass gore movies! Weird doesn't even begin to describe it!

Still got that sat in its wrapper on the shelf. People keep saying they want to watch it and then bitch out :(

It's so over the top and has so many "WTF!!"- moments - I can't wait to get my hands on the second movie :-D

I think Tokyo Gore Police is a definite love it or hate it movie, I fall firmly into the later category, it really is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

If you love it, you'll like Vampire Girl Vs Frankenstein Girl, as it's very much the same "Power Rangers on acid" style.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 am

bloodfiend wrote: as it's very much the same "Power Rangers on acid" style.

That's quite interesting.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Can anything think of the name of a 70's or 80's film I've been desperately trying to remember the name of? It involves the main character trying to join a tribe in a desert. Their pupils glow blue and their weapons are some sort of box that require the user to perform some weird scream.

I didn't imagine it, did I?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Noodle wrote:Can anything think of the name of a 70's or 80's film I've been desperately trying to remember the name of? It involves the main character trying to join a tribe in a desert. Their pupils glow blue and their weapons are some sort of box that require the user to perform some weird scream.

I didn't imagine it, did I?

Sounds like Dune.