movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:29 pm

That would explain it then

Now on to The kingdom Of The Crystal Skull for the first time since I saw it in the cinema
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Dr Sin
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dr Sin » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:54 pm

This is the End was pretty good. I'd recommend it.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:13 pm

I want to watch it, then I see Seth Rogan and then all I want to do is punch him

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:33 pm

World War Z

Or, as it could also quite easily be known, The Many Tedious Last Minute Escapes of Brad Pitt.
A bloodless, scare-free, autopilot-action packed disaster of a film which features no memorable dialogue, no outstanding acting performance, no emotional investment to any of the characters, and pretty much bugger all resemblance to the book its meant to be based upon.

It does, however, feature some truly forgettable set pieces, some stupendously lazy writing, obvious plot developments, Piers Morgan, Wales, an hilarious wall of zombies, many highly unlikely escapes, a lab segment which looks and feels more like the Resident Evil computer game than any of its various actual movie adaptations ever managed, a lovely spot of blatant product placement, a typically eyeball rolling act of heroism, and a truly sickening final scene (complete with half-arsed voiceover) which all reeks of the worst kind of Hollywood cliche.

Directed by Marc Forster, the man responsible for the worst Bond film in history, Quantum of Solace, at least this film should guarantee he never works in the action genre ever again.

3/10

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Ah. Someone with the same opinion as me.

That shit got a 7.3 over on IMDB somehow.

I'm mystified.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Well i've seen all 4 Indiana Jones films today, and I have had a blast quite frankly, even Crystal Skull was fun, even though they ruined it with Aliens when Indy is definitely Mythology and legend and the supernatural, but hey ho, it was still fun :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:42 pm

Luke_X wrote:
Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:the sacrifice scene you actually see him remove the heart and as the guy gets lowered you see him burn and the heart melt and burst in to flames, the fights are longer and more intense the torture scene on Indy and short round are more intense you see the lashing marks from the whip and short round getting whipped by the boy sheikh

It's quite a dark film :|

Ah right, I swear I have seen that version on tv though! I guess it just depends if it is shown after the watershed or not.

This is the first time Temple of Doom was released uncensored in the UK and its only on blu ray.

I must be wrong then, I'm pretty sure the version I have seen you see the heart get removed at least though.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:58 am

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:
Luke_X wrote:
Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:Ah right, I swear I have seen that version on tv though! I guess it just depends if it is shown after the watershed or not.

This is the first time Temple of Doom was released uncensored in the UK and its only on blu ray.

I must be wrong then, I'm pretty sure the version I have seen you see the heart get removed at least though.

He does remove the heart in the original version, but in the new version see him actually stick his hand in the chest and its quite graphic.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:36 am

Yeah it's pretty brutal that whole scene is a WTF moment :lol:

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:23 am

Nantha wrote:Saw world war Z last night. Could have done with more of a build up and more of the science-y type stuff, but overally really enjoyed it. 7.5/10

I'm probably going to see it but from watching the trailer I keep noticing places in Glasgow which makes me giggle
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:45 am

Bisset wrote:
Nantha wrote:Saw world war Z last night. Could have done with more of a build up and more of the science-y type stuff, but overally really enjoyed it. 7.5/10

I'm probably going to see it but from watching the trailer I keep noticing places in Glasgow which makes me giggle

So, they go out of their way to set it in Cardiff but then film it in Scotland.
Sounds about right for that utter farce of a film.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:55 am

Went to see Despicable me 2 last night at the cinema, was really good. They do much more with the Minions in this film
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:15 am

I shall watch that. Need to find Monsters University as well.

Often the animated movies are better than most of the other films being released.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:I shall watch that. Need to find Monsters University as well.

Often the animated movies are better than most of the other films being released.

Yeah I saw a trailer for Monsters University last night and I have been excited about it since I heard the rumors there would be a second film.

I totally agree about the animated films being better, I saw Wreck it Ralph the other day and loved that too, just had all the ingredients of a good film it had something for most the audience too, for example I loved the retro arcade games (and totally haven't dug out my NES to play Dig Dug again :eyes: :P ) Films I cannot get my head around are the Cars ones (and planes now) but the planes trailer was on yesterday too and it looks a bit top gun so will probably still watch it, but not at cinema.
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:30 pm

I didn't enjoy Despicable Me, it did feel like a proper children's movie to me, especially with the humour, so I will give this 1 a miss