movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:48 pm

I have to say, this film is so underrated, I love the graphic novel aswell and this is a pretty good adaptation but with some bits added as the book is very story driven and not much action, but also bits removed as it is incredibly violent, it's been moviefied so to speak :lol:

Awesome performances, Natalie Portman looks beautiful and shows complete vulnerability and every emotion going especially during the torture scenes. The FX are awesome throughout aswell, cheap this wasn't

if you havn't seen it, I can't recommend it enough 9/10
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Natalie Portman looks beautiful

I'm betting your Natalie Portman obsession has kept the shareholders of Kleenex happy Andy :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Andy Hall wrote:I have to say, this film is so underrated

8.2 on IMDB, 73% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Never heard a bad word against it.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Soze wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:Natalie Portman looks beautiful

I'm betting your Natalie Portman obsession has kept the shareholders of Kleenex happy Andy :lol:

shhhhhhhh :eyes:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:27 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Applecore wrote:Weakest of the trilogy, but still a shitload of fun.
Top stuff.

Very much my thoughts.
To quote a post I made elsewhere "I found a lot of it almost quite touching, and almost tragic. And I was glad then managed to fit those more serious moments into the comedy without them seeming ham-fistedly wedged in."

Yeah, I know what you mean. It had a really nice flow to it and those scenes seemed to come pretty much naturally.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 pm

So the next Jackass movie is going down the mockumentry route and looks hilarious. And the end section while kinda sick was amazing at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cpfkaCl1I

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:38 pm

Hell Baby

A couple move into a house, the wife gets possessed and oh god it's just so f**king terrible I can't go on.
1/10

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:07 am

Hardware (1990)

So it's the future or something and a robot and midgets and Lemmy driving a water taxi and at some point and the robot can rebuild itself a man furiously masturbating through a telescope and the worst camera nad lighting work ever, and the last 30 minutes of the movie is basically a shitty acid trip.

I'm so fucking confused.

I have no idea if I want to give it 9/10 or 2/10.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:00 am

Hardware is great.
It was also the first time I heard Ministry.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:28 am

Saw The Wolverine last night. Good fun but I'm struggling to really get into Wolverine as a character. He just seems so.. basic. I can get what Wolverine gives elsewhere, if that makes any sense?
And I think I've sussed out why they fucked up Deadpool in Origins. If they'd done him right, he'd have stolen the show completely - he's got everything Wolverine has (bar the claws, but he has swords) but is loads more fun.
So, y'know, hurry up with that Deadpool movie, guys.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:36 am

The problem they have with Deadpool is that to make a proper movie they would have to PG13 him down, you can do that with Logan as he's aprt of the X Men and they have always been pretty easy to PG13

Deadpool however is very much an adult character, to do a stand alone movie, you would basically have to re-create him and they may aswell rename him after that

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:49 am

Know what I want to see? A Punisher vs Wolverine movie.

Because it means Hugh Jackman gets his face, balls and knees shot off, and then run over by a steam roller.

Nothing against Hugh Jackman, I just think it would be pretty funny.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:53 am

Andy, if anything needed renaming, it was the weird excuse for Deadpool that they had in Origins.
What bugs me though, is that at the start, when you had Wade Wilson swinging his swords, being awesome and cocky, they really just needed to give him a healing factor and put him in a red morphsuit and they'd have had Deadpool. The whole bollocks with him not being able to talk (so much for the Merc With a Mouth), making him able to steal mutants powers and putting the swords in his arms like Logan's claws, just made him completely unrecognisable as Deadpool.

As for a standalone Deadpool movie, Ryan Reynolds has said:
“the way we want to do it is pretty nasty, and pretty hard. You can’t exactly have a $200 million budget when you want to do a movie like this.”

Sauce: http://veryaware.com/2011/06/deadpool-m ... -reynolds/

Plus with the video game that's just come out, the Deadpool we know and love is becoming more and more known in the public eye. Comic book hero movies don't HAVE to be PG-13 - look at The Punisher, the last 2 movies have been no holds barred, R-rated stuff. And that's how (I'm hoping) they're going to do Deadpool.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:06 pm

I'd be well up for Ryan Reynolds doing nasty.

He was actually pretty damn good in Amityville Horror.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:20 pm

I completely agree on every point, but the R rated superhero movies havn't exactly set the world alight, look at Dredd, awesome film, no bugger went to see it :x

Myself included, I will not watch a 3d film ever again