movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:03 pm

Heath Ledger was found dead today, I hope his performance of the Joker is a good legacy.

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:57 am

What I've seen in the trailer is really good, hope so.

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:15 pm

Cloverfield.

First off, if you don't like ShakeyCam then this is not the film for you. i've never had motion sickness in my life and I still came out feeling queasy.

As to the film, it's a decent way to spend 84 minutes and some scenes are very well done indeed but I didn't come out thinking "Wow"

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:55 pm

Irreversible - been wanting to see it a while now and happened to stumble across it in hmv, only £7, 'why not!' I thought, 'gives me something to watch saturday ngiht in the house, alone.'... fucking ell I couldn't sleep that night haha. As disturbing as it is I do think its quite a brilliant film

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Apparently Petter Jackson has announced he will be producing 2 Hobbit films and Guillermo Del Toro might be directing them...

Perry
Lowly Peon

Re: movies

Postby Perry » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:30 am

just watched day of the dead , kinda have a mixed review on it , some parts of it was ok but didnt seem like a typical zombie genre type of thing , u know what i mean? the zombies seemed to be able to jump in a rather weird way , just didnt seem right

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Went to watch Sweeny Todd the other day, quite enjoyable (would have been better if i hadn't had to sit there with stomach cramps), takes a bit of gettin into then it picks up and gets funny, then drops down n gets a bit boring then jumps back up 2 being really good for the gory bits and the ending. Only think wrong is the annoying little shit who keeps singing ill steal you joanna i swear if he sang that once more in the movie i could have got up and ripped the screen down, and ive had the fucking song stuck in my head all week now!
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:27 am

Perry wrote:just watched day of the dead , kinda have a mixed review on it , some parts of it was ok but didnt seem like a typical zombie genre type of thing , u know what i mean? the zombies seemed to be able to jump in a rather weird way , just didnt seem right

Is this the original Day of the Dead or some ridiculous remake that has somehow slipped under my zombie-radar?

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:54 am

The Warlord wrote:Went to watch Sweeny Todd the other day, quite enjoyable (would have been better if i hadn't had to sit there with stomach cramps), takes a bit of gettin into then it picks up and gets funny, then drops down n gets a bit boring then jumps back up 2 being really good for the gory bits and the ending. Only think wrong is the annoying little shit who keeps singing ill steal you joanna i swear if he sang that once more in the movie i could have got up and ripped the screen down, and ive had the fucking song stuck in my head all week now!

I went to see that a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed. Some people I know how said that it was awful because its a musical, but hell if i can enjoy a musical, Im sure most others can

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Avoid 'Jumper'. It's crap.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:32 pm

someone else wrote:Avoid 'Jumper'. It's crap.

I watched that the other day and don't see why everyone slates it so much. I thought it was a perfectly adequate action film, with a good performance by Jamie Bell, and it annoys the hell out of me that it's getting pounded by critics wheras Juno is receiving accolade after accolade... where's the justice? WHERE?!

Freakshow Nightmare
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Freakshow Nightmare » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:49 am

gelder wrote:
The Warlord wrote:Went to watch Sweeny Todd the other day, quite enjoyable (would have been better if i hadn't had to sit there with stomach cramps), takes a bit of gettin into then it picks up and gets funny, then drops down n gets a bit boring then jumps back up 2 being really good for the gory bits and the ending. Only think wrong is the annoying little shit who keeps singing ill steal you joanna i swear if he sang that once more in the movie i could have got up and ripped the screen down, and ive had the fucking song stuck in my head all week now!

I went to see that a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed. Some people I know how said that it was awful because its a musical, but hell if i can enjoy a musical, Im sure most others can

I saw that before it was a film at the theatre, and then a few weeks ago. It's remarkably accurate. The only bit which really pissed me off was the fact that they'd changed the singer in one of the songs.

In the bit where Sweeney is singing, with the constant montage of him killing people, that song belongs to the Judge. They just changed a couple of words, and the character.
"Reign of terror, on the seas,
will bring these posers to their knees"

lycanine
Lowly Peon

Postby lycanine » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:39 pm

A good movie I saw recently was Invasion (2007) and then of course I am happy to say I own a movie now that you cannot just get anywhere.... its a rarer type....

Ark
(featuring the voice of James Woods)

Its similar like Titan A.E. or Final Fantasy if you think of similar movie styles.

Great story.

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Deja-Vu to watch later.....
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:39 pm

The Bourne Identity on ITV last night.

Had nothing better to do and I made beans on toast during the news break.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm