movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: movies

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:54 am

Soze wrote:New Starr Wars trailer almost made me cry. Hurry up December!

:P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:34 pm

Ghost wrote:The Batman vs. Superman trailer is also officially out.

Me after the new Star Wars teaser.

Me after this one.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Ghost wrote:The Batman vs. Superman trailer is also officially out.

Me after the new Star Wars teaser.

Me after this one.

Pretty much this. The amount of comments hailing Ben Affleck as the best Batman ever due to this trailer is hilarious. This week I've seen new trailers for Avengers: Age of Ultron, Terminator Genisys, Star Wars and Batman vv Superman, and the latter was by far the most dull.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:44 pm

I'm sorry but nobody is beating Kevin Conroy as the best Batman. Ever. Although I like the look of Afflecks one. They use a modulator to hide his voice, like in Arrow, which in my opinion is the best way to do it without sounding like a tit (Bale).

Everything else about the trailer? Yawn. Don't care.

Overall I'm still not expecting much but I'll still see it in the cinema anyway.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:26 pm

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:22 pm

Nobody messes with Adam We!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:27 pm

I thought the new Star Wars, Ant-Man, Batman vs Superman and Avengers trailers all looked awesome. Haven't seen the new Terminator one yet. Needless to say, I'll likely be seeing all of them on release day.
Also saw an extended trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road before Fast & Furious 7, and that's another I'll be seeing on release day. Stupidly excited for that.

Speaking of Fast & Furious 7, I can't remember if I posted here after seeing it. I rather liked it, but I'm not sure it was for the same reason the makers wanted me to.

Also I watched The ABCs of Death 2 the other day and really enjoyed it. Some of the segments were funny, some were creepy and some were just downright bizarre. A really cool showcase of various talents.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:58 am

The first story in ABC's 2 was brilliant. :lol:

The execution story was too, but in a horrorific way.

Bill Plympton 'phoned his effort in. Very disappointed.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:00 am

Applecore wrote:I thought the new Star Wars, Ant-Man, Batman vs Superman and Avengers trailers all looked awesome. Haven't seen the new Terminator one yet. Needless to say, I'll likely be seeing all of them on release day.
Also saw an extended trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road before Fast & Furious 7, and that's another I'll be seeing on release day. Stupidly excited for that.

Speaking of Fast & Furious 7, I can't remember if I posted here after seeing it. I rather liked it, but I'm not sure it was for the same reason the makers wanted me to.

Also I watched The ABCs of Death 2 the other day and really enjoyed it. Some of the segments were funny, some were creepy and some were just downright bizarre. A really cool showcase of various talents.

Might I suggest avoiding the Terminator Genisys trailer as it reveals everything about the film. I was excited to see it but after seeing the trailer I feel like I just watched the entire movie.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:00 pm

So it looks like they're going to properly milk the LEGO franchise as well now, with a sequel to the LEGO movie, a LEGO Ninjago movie and a LEGO Batman movie all announced.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Jurassic World looks terribad.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:28 pm

I reckon it looks fairly awesome, myself. 8)

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Saw Age of Ultron last night, loved it. Very much more of the same, I can see an inevitable backlash with all the hype surrounding it but it's funny with some great set pieces and all the characters get a turn in the spotlight. Arguably there's a bit too much going on and I can see non geeks getting befuddled by it all but I had a blast with it.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:39 am

The first image of Jared Leto as The Joker in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie has been released. Shock horror, people seem to be divided about it.

Personally, I think he looks great. We had the cartoonish version of Mr J with Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson's portrayals, we've had a more believable and psychotic portrayal with Heath Ledger, and now it looks like we're getting a completely deranged version with Jared Leto.
Sure the tattoos seem a bit out of place, but we don't know how much they'll be on display throughout the movie (aside from the one on his head, obviously, which actually looks 'shopped on in the picture). The gangsta grill will take some getting used to, as well.
Regardless, I'm reserving judgement until I see the film, but this absolutely is not putting me off.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:58 pm

Nope.