movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:11 pm

clare-l wrote:
Andy what plot was there even to act in Safe House? i must've missed it :D

As I said to my friend Wendy this morning who said the same thing, you're a girl, what would you know :P

:lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:22 pm

MGM have confirmed that Joel Kinnamen will play the lead role of Alex Murphey in the remake of Robocop. for those who just went who, this is what he looks like.

http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/ ... ncelot.jpg

Last edited by Luke_X on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:41 pm

I just googled him as the image didn't post. I think I'll save judgement for when the film comes out and I eventually drag myself to see it.
Robocop is still fine. Doesn't need a remake.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:44 pm

he could very well be a great actor, but he looks like he should be Twilight instead of Robocop. but i'll save judgment til i've seen it, like you, but Robocop doesnt need a remake. it's a classic, and classic's shouldnt be remade.

i worry for the day they decide to remake Terminator or Alien or Predator or Resevoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:59 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
clare-l wrote:

As I said to my friend Wendy this morning who said the same thing, you're a girl, what would you know :P

i'm sorry but it has absolutely nothing to do with gender.

"oh she's a woman she doesn't understand" is bullshit and laughing at it is even worse

i love action films as much as the next person, i grew up on sci fi.
yet i'm not allowed to have an opinion because i'm female? that's bullshit. i didn't like it because i didn't like it, not because i am female.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:40 pm

I got curious about The Devil Inside after hearing about some terrible reviews about the film and its ending. so i read the plot, and i am not surprised. They made a 90 minute long ad campaign for a website. I'd be pissed off if I had paid to see it.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:10 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
clare-l wrote:

Didn't you learn after the TinTin argument? :P

I saw Safe House yesterday too...I agree with everything except the plot. While I wouldn't go as far to say there was NO plot, it was certainly very cliched and predictable. Didn't stop me enjoying the film overall though.

Saw the Woman in Black the other day too...it was better than I expected, but not fantastic.

Also Super 8...I can see why it has mixed opinions, but I really enjoyed it.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Luke_X wrote:he could very well be a great actor, but he looks like he should be Twilight instead of Robocop. but i'll save judgment til i've seen it, like you, but Robocop doesnt need a remake. it's a classic, and classic's shouldnt be remade.

i worry for the day they decide to remake Terminator or Alien or Predator or Resevoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction.

They're working their way up to it though. Robocop, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Total Recall, Judge Dredd.. they're certainly working through the '80s/early '90s.
I think Terminator and Alien and Predator will be ok for a while as we've not long had additions to their series' (in Alien's case, one is coming soon). Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction probably won't be touched for a long time, either, as I doubt Tarantino would give them the OK to do it.
I'm still dreading the Toxic Avenger remake. The only good thing about it is that Lloyd Kaufman used the cash he got from that to fund Toxic Avenger 5: Toxic Twins :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Luke_X wrote:he could very well be a great actor, but he looks like he should be Twilight instead of Robocop. but i'll save judgment til i've seen it, like you, but Robocop doesnt need a remake. it's a classic, and classic's shouldnt be remade.

I don't care about remakes any more...if they're crap the originals are still there and sometimes it just helps to bring a new audience to the classics. Something like Robobcop...if they just do a complete recap of the original film I'm not too interested ( the original still holds up IMO ) but there's plenty that can be done with the basic concept that tells a different story.

I don't see a remake of Terminator or Alien coming, I imagine we'll continue to see sequels/prequels of films based in the already established continuity. Any film that remakes something made by Tarantino will be better than the original. Because they can hardly be any worse.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Soze wrote:Any film that remakes something made by Tarantino will be better than the original. Because they can hardly be any worse.

All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 am

Just been to see This Means War. Really enjoyed it, good acting and a well balanced mix of action and comedy. Cba going into more detail, too tired. But defiantly worth a watch.
7/10

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 pm

The 3rd MiB3 trailer looks good. plenty of new footage and more about the story. as long as it isn't as bad as the 2nd film I'll be happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=119Gn8a6eiw

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:57 pm

I knew he wants to do something, he has suggested being a scientist and that they based the skin design on him, but he dropped out because they couldn't decide what to do. I personally liked Salvation as it was a nice direction. I saw it more as a stepping stone to greater things as they weren't sure of what the reception would be like. Bale was great in the role so hopefully they focus more on his character instead of other ones.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 am

today i watched warrior, which was excellent and i recommend it to anyone, MMA fan or not.
and red state. i dont even know what to say about it.