movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Luke_X » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Soze wrote:
Applecore wrote:Also also also, I read the Age of Ultron comic over the weekend to get a feel of who Ultron is, etc.

Obviously there's going to be a huge difference between the movie and the comic (as Wolverine and The Invisible Woman play a massive part in what goes on, and we've not met characters like The Vision yet), so I'm really not sure how they're going to go about it. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to seeing it.

I don't think there's any similarity between the recent Marvel crossover and the movie. Pretty sure this is just a standalone story, probably loosely based on the original one from back in the 60s (apart from Iron Man creating him as opposed to Giant Man. Or whatever Hank Pym was called at the time).

Whedon has said a couple of times the title is just coincidence. Whedon originally planned AoU before the first Avenger s movie so I would expect he came up with the title before the comic.

Also, a promo image of Vision has appeared. Looking awesome.

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/up ... Vision.jpg

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:04 pm

So the new Bond has Christoph Waltz in it and rumour has it, he'll be Blofeld. Shit's gonna be epic.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Luke_X wrote:
Soze wrote:
Applecore wrote:Also also also, I read the Age of Ultron comic over the weekend to get a feel of who Ultron is, etc.

Obviously there's going to be a huge difference between the movie and the comic (as Wolverine and The Invisible Woman play a massive part in what goes on, and we've not met characters like The Vision yet), so I'm really not sure how they're going to go about it. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to seeing it.

I don't think there's any similarity between the recent Marvel crossover and the movie. Pretty sure this is just a standalone story, probably loosely based on the original one from back in the 60s (apart from Iron Man creating him as opposed to Giant Man. Or whatever Hank Pym was called at the time).

Whedon has said a couple of times the title is just coincidence. Whedon originally planned AoU before the first Avenger s movie so I would expect he came up with the title before the comic.

Also, a promo image of Vision has appeared. Looking awesome.

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/up ... Vision.jpg

Ah in that case fair enough. I also completely forgot that they've cast Paul Bettany as The Vision for AoU. That'll be cool.

I guess all we know for sure about AoU is that it'll have the start of things to come in Civil War, as they've released that clip showing tension between Cap and Stark..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Found another Barbarian Brothers classic...

Think Big: http://youtu.be/pEvipRhRwFA

(Co starring David Carradine, Michael "Stg. Motormouth Jones" Winslow and Richard "Jaws" Kiel)
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Smerphy wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:Nolan's Batman trilogy aside, every single recent (post 2000) DC adaptation has been unadulterated rubbish.

Catwoman, Green Lantern, Watchmen, Superman Returns, Man of Steel, Jonah Hex.
Absolute Shite.
Every last one of them.

Watchmen > Every other shitty superhero movie made since Spiderman

Really? The movie was OK but it largely just proved Alan Moore right in that the comic is unfilmable. It's far too dry and unengaging. Give me Avengers, Iron Man or Guardians of the Galaxy any day.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:49 pm

Bearstock wrote:Watched Guardians Of The Galaxy (8/10) last night.

Is true it was much better than the trailer made it seem like it would be. Equally nowhere near as good as some of the reactions Ive seen from people positively creaming over it.

Is a good solid film though with the right balance between action, story, humour etc.

The overwhelmingly positive reaction was due in part to so few people having any great expectations of it. Now that it's had such good word of mouth people coming into it later are expecting much more...hence you're lesser reaction I guess. I feared this would be Marvel.s first real mis-step but it turned out to be one of the most entertaining mindless blockbusters in absolutely years. It's just so much fun.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Yeah, I think that's part of the thing.

I'm so used to hating big blockbuster action movies, Marvel ones aside, that despite loving the Guardians of the Galaxy characters I was real ready to hate it.

Instead we get a super fun movie, with serious shit, and great action.

Also some great stuff from the comics about Thanos and, what I assume will lead to, the infinity gauntlet at some point.

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:16 pm

For sure, I thought it looked like it'd be shit and had no interest in it before release but literally everyone I know that's seen it was raving about it.

Definitely a good and enjoyable film I'll watch again though for sure.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:12 pm

Jobdone wrote:Yeah, I think that's part of the thing.

I'm so used to hating big blockbuster action movies, Marvel ones aside, that despite loving the Guardians of the Galaxy characters I was real ready to hate it.

Also some great stuff from the comics about Thanos and, what I assume will lead to, the infinity gauntlet at some point.

I hope so especially as Avengers 3 is Infinity War.

JamieH

Postby JamieH » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Watching Dead Snow 2 at the minute. Much more ridiculous than the first, but in a good way.

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:42 am

The Gauntlet was sitting in the background in one of the older Marvel Films..Thor I think? So yeah it's 100% hapening.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:47 am

Potato-Jim wrote:

The Gauntlet was sitting in the background in one of the older Marvel Films..Thor I think? So yeah it's 100% hapening.

Fuck.

Yes.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Watched World War Z yesterday. Boring.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:46 pm

I just wished they'd called it "Hungry Hungry Zombies" or something, instead of locking up a potentially good IP.

Also The Babadook.

Great work by everyone in the movie, but especially the sound guys.

Such an eerie tone all the way through, no real jump scares, and fucking terrifying.

8.5/10.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 am

Jobdone wrote:Also The Babadook.

Great work by everyone in the movie, but especially the sound guys.

Such an eerie tone all the way through, no real jump scares, and fucking terrifying.

8.5/10.

Yeah, the lack of jump scares in a movie of that ilk was very refreshing.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!