movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Just read (admittedly on the Daily Fail) that the actor has said that it won't just be jaw action, and that you can even see his eyes through the visor. Also that his movements will be much more human.

Fucking fuck the fuck off, you fuckers.

Also, in other "WTF ROBOCOP REMAKE??" news, Michael Keaton, Samuel L Jackson and GARY FUCKING OLDMAN are in it. WITH GUYS LIKE THAT, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS SHIT? THIS COULD HAVE BEEN SO FUCKING COOL. FUCK YOU.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Applecore wrote:Just read (admittedly on the Daily Fail) that the actor has said that it won't just be jaw action, and that you can even see his eyes through the visor. Also that his movements will be much more human.

Also, in other "WTF ROBOCOP REMAKE??" news, Michael Keaton, Samuel L Jackson and GARY FUCKING OLDMAN are in it. WITH GUYS LIKE THAT, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS SHIT? THIS COULD HAVE BEEN SO FUCKING COOL. FUCK YOU.

That might just about tempt me to see it, regardless of how crap it looks.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Also, what do the Star Wars nerds here think of J.J. Abrams being behind the new film(s)?

Just curious.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Craig, so basically he iron man with a pistol.........yeah i defintely not interested in it at all now. i know Hugh Laurie was originally attached as the villain. now i think we can understand why just a bit more.

as for Star Wars, im kinda reserved about it. i love JJ Abrams work. he tells brilliant stories and presents them well in his films. however, he will always be plagued by the 'fans' because they wont be what they expect. i know he has written treatments for all 3 films in the next trilogy, so he obviously has a plan for the overall story. but in honesty, i'd be happy as long as it has the original cast in it in some form and we will see Mark Hamill swinging a lightsaber once more (either good or evil).

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:39 pm

kanet666 wrote:
Applecore wrote:Just read (admittedly on the Daily Fail) that the actor has said that it won't just be jaw action, and that you can even see his eyes through the visor. Also that his movements will be much more human.

That might just about tempt me to see it, regardless of how crap it looks.

The only way I'll go see it at the cinema is if it's either as violent or more violent than the original. Otherwise, I'll download it at best.

Delightful-Jim wrote:Also, what do the Star Wars nerds here think of J.J. Abrams being behind the new film(s)?

Just curious.

I was really uncertain about the new trilogy, but when I heard JJ Abrams was directing the first, I did a total 180. I was never a Star Trek fan, but his reboot of that was fantastic. I also really liked Cloverfield and (though I need to re-watch it) enjoyed Super 8. So yeah, quite looking forward to Star Wars Episode VII: Wrath of the Lens Flare.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Seriously though i'm looking forward to them, they should have a refreshing feel to them

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:43 pm

I do find it interesting that he's now controlling the two most popular and influential franchises in sci-fi, though. That's a lot of power to give one dude. I thought Star Trek was good, but not particularly spectacular, much like everything else I've seen from him, so I'm not sure at all why HE's the guy people wanted for the job.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:35 pm

I thought Star Trek was brilliant, if the prequels were as good as Star Trek was I think people would have been happy, and with Super 8 he managed to make a modern day Goonies, the guy is perfect for the job in my opinion
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Until I see a trailer with all the fx finished for Robocop and a review I can't condemn it to the toilet, I like the fact it is not a complete copy, and if they forget the first film exists, even better
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Until I see a trailer with all the fx finished for Robocop and a review I can't condemn it to the toilet, I like the fact it is not a complete copy, and if they forget the first film exists, even better

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -suit.html

Of course, [director Paul Verhoeven] has that very special tone, and the reboot is not going to have that tone. It’s a re-imagination of it. There’s a lot of stuff from the original... details and throwbacks.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:28 pm

i like how he says the moving of just the mouth is boring, yet claims to love the original film. going by that interview, i'm expeting them to have the original suit on display as one of their 'first' experiemnts, which will be there to just piss me off.

some films should be left alone and not remade and Robocop is one of them. although im fully expecting that if this is somehow succesful they will be trying to dig their claws into remaking Terminator.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Applecore wrote:Also, in other "WTF ROBOCOP REMAKE??" news, Michael Keaton, Samuel L Jackson and GARY FUCKING OLDMAN are in it. WITH GUYS LIKE THAT, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS SHIT? THIS COULD HAVE BEEN SO FUCKING COOL. FUCK YOU.

If you look at one of the pictures closely, you'll see Chalky White from Boardwalk Empire (Omar from The Wire, Professor Kane from Community) is also in it.

As Officer f**king LEWIS.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Applecore wrote:Also, in other "WTF ROBOCOP REMAKE??" news, Michael Keaton, Samuel L Jackson and GARY FUCKING OLDMAN are in it. WITH GUYS LIKE THAT, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS SHIT? THIS COULD HAVE BEEN SO FUCKING COOL. FUCK YOU.

If you look at one of the pictures closely, you'll see Chalky White from Boardwalk Empire (Omar from The Wire, Professor Kane from Community) is also in it.

As Officer f**king LEWIS.

that kinda loses it's conotations in the translation then. reasonably attractive 80's girl with possible romantic connections, changed to a black guy so they can be PC. tbh, he would have been put to better use as the station captain.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Am I missing something blindingly obvious here?

I enjoyed the original Robocop, but I'm not seeing anything massively offensive in the pictures there.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Moonburp wrote:Am I missing something blindingly obvious here?

I enjoyed the original Robocop, but I'm not seeing anything massively offensive in the pictures there.

Me neither - they're little more than paparazzi pictures but geeks love to trawl through the web looking for things to get worked up over. It may well be shit, but I'm struggling to see how people can tell from these pics. Its a bit like the comic book geeks mining for snippets of info and they make up their own film ("oh 'X' is in it, this means they could have this, that and this storyline from this writer") then whine like babies if they spot a potentail flaw, before they know it they're two films ahead before the first one has even had a trailer out.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11