movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 am

New Michelle Yeoh movie Reign Of Assassins on DVD only on the 25th, trailer looks awesome too
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Applecore wrote:We occasionally get the Orange phone ads ("Don't let a phone ruin your movie"), but that's it. Even then lately they've not been showing - last one I saw was just before The Sweeney came out.
Weird that my cinema are seemingly less fussed about people being noisy and more about advertising that fucking Movietickets.co.uk shite, which always prompts my response "WHY ARE YOU AMERICANS USING DOT CO DOT UK??"

Orange doesn't exist as a company in the UK anymore so I'm sure we won't be seeing any more of those annoying movie spoof ads...instead we get Kevin fucking Bacon every time...which is equally annoying if you go often!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 pm

angel_of_death wrote:Orange doesn't exist as a company in the UK anymore so I'm sure we won't be seeing any more of those annoying movie spoof ads...instead we get Kevin fucking Bacon every time...which is equally annoying if you go often!

They do still exist, EE are an umbrella company running 4GEE, Orange and T-Mobile. Orange as a network still exists for now although in a couple of years time things may change. The 2 for 1 thing is still called Orange Wednesdays for Orange customers but it's also available for EE customers as well.

I go to the cinema so rarely I hardly ever see the same advert twice. Although there are a lot of films coming out this year that'll tempt me ( Iron Man 3, Kick Ass 2, The Man of Steel, Star Trek Into Darkness, Thor: The Dark World, Evil Dead, The World's End, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For and The Hobbit 2 ).

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Soze wrote:
angel_of_death wrote:Orange doesn't exist as a company in the UK anymore so I'm sure we won't be seeing any more of those annoying movie spoof ads...instead we get Kevin fucking Bacon every time...which is equally annoying if you go often!

They do still exist, EE are an umbrella company running 4GEE, Orange and T-Mobile. Orange as a network still exists for now although in a couple of years time things may change. The 2 for 1 thing is still called Orange Wednesdays for Orange customers but it's also available for EE customers as well.

I apologise if I was wrong...Just, the Orange shops are gone and I've seen no Orange branded stuff since EE started ramming Bacon down our throats...and haven't heard 2 for 1 wednesday called Orange Wednesday for even longer!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:23 pm

This year looks amazing for films, just read about a fantasy Dragon movie coming out this year too, and it is dark and not your usual kiddie fair too, it's called The Seventh Son
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Andy Hall wrote:This year looks amazing for films, just read about a fantasy Dragon movie coming out this year too, and it is dark and not your usual kiddie fair too, it's called The Seventh Son

Yeah, I've heard of that. It's causing a bit of a rumble among the fans of the books. Apparently, the characters in the stories are all around 13 years old but they've cast twenty-somethings in the roles instead, while others are up in arms because they've cast Americans, which means even more hilarious regional "English" accents.
So much anger. The Imdb message board can be brilliant sometimes. :lol: :lol:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Well i'll watch it first and condemn it afterwards

I'm just about to watch a film called The Darkest Hour about aliens made of energy taking over the planet, trailer looked good

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Well i'll watch it first and condemn it afterwards

I'm just about to watch a film called The Darkest Hour about aliens made of energy taking over the planet, trailer looked good

You'll probably love it but I thought it was one of the worst films I saw last year, nearly as bad as Skyline...but not quite!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Not great, but not horrendous either.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Watched Grabbers on DVD tonight. It was pretty good, but not quite as good as I was expecting. Set my expectations really high for this one.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:22 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Well i'll watch it first and condemn it afterwards
I quite the look of it, and having no preconceptions based on a series of books I haven't read, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up liking it more than some of the "fans".

Of course, it might just be a big old pile of pants.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Underworld Rise Of The Lycans I have all 4 of these films, and I love the lot of them, proof an adult fantasy action franchise can be successful, these films look amazing, are well acted and thought out, and aren't watered down for the kids 9/10
Last edited by Andy Hall on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Underworld Rise Of The Mugabe

Wait what?

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:31 am

Luke_X wrote:

Wait what?

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:09 am

Luke_X wrote:

Wait what?

Someone's havingba laugh I think because I never wrote that :|