movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Re: movies

Postby jamestomo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:

Oh yeah man. I just gasped really loudly, but everyone else was dead silent. And I'm not even THAT much of a comic geek but even I got the ending :lol:

Cannot wait for the future Marvel releases.

Well, except for the next Incredible Hulk. I don't think I'm looking forward to whatever convoluted explanation they have for why Bruce Banner now looks like a completely different person :lol:

Also looking forward to the Fantastic 4 and Spiderman reboots! :D

Yea I read about it and apparently in the end Edward Norton didn't end up bothering to reprise his role as Bruce Banner for whatever reason, but I think Ruffalo did quite a good job anyways.
As for the future releases, I know they're planning Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Captain America 2 but I didn't think they were doing another Hulk

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:45 pm

karmakollapse wrote:Well I don't know if it has been mentioned on the boards yet, but for Iron Man 3 they are getting Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce at the very least (both as villains). it has some Chinese backing and apparently Andy Lau is tipped for a part, and is supposedly based on the Extremis storyline... which all sounds good, but given that the Mandarin was a racial stereotype villain and the Chinese market won't like that, I expect we won't be seeing the Mandarin in that.

One of those characters confirmed is a scientist from the Extremis programme, so yeah it's 100% guaranteed. Also the origin of Iron man in the first movie is more or less the same as in the story portrayed in the Extremis story arc. I read somewhere that Mandarin was confirmed to not be in it so I'm not sure who'll be in the next one.

Should be good! I can't wait for more info! :D

jamestomo wrote:
Yea I read about it and apparently in the end Edward Norton didn't end up bothering to reprise his role as Bruce Banner for whatever reason, but I think Ruffalo did quite a good job anyways.
As for the future releases, I know they're planning Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Captain America 2 but I didn't think they were doing another Hulk

Yeah, Ruffalo slayed to be honest. Nothing about Hulk 2 was confirmed but I'm expecting one anyway. Thor 2 is definitely happening, and seeing Avengers confirmed this 8)
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:50 pm

Yea I'm happy they're doing a new Thor especially as he's my favourite of the Avengers and Thor was my favourite of the films (obviously not including Avengers Assemble)

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Daredevil is getting a reboot too.

Let's hope they don't fuck it up this time. ;)

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Deadpool is getting made apparently as well. I damn hope they do him justice if they do, not the way he was shown in Wolverine: Origins. Him not having a mouth is stupid, the thing that makes Deadpool so damn appealing is all his mouthyness and breaking the 4th wall.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Really? interesting..
To be honest I enjoyed the first one, but yeah hopefully the reboot will be even better. Intrigued to know who will replace Jennifer Garner, because lets face it she is phwoar

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Deadpool is being made for 2014. It SHOULD be awesome but it'll more than likely have nothing to do with that putrid piece of shit Origins, unless he's owned by Fox studios, like Spiderman :/

Daredevil was also distributed by Fox, so this reboot obviously will have nothing to do with the 2003 one. Elecktra may not even be in it, but who knows?

Then you've obviously got another X-Men: First Class film coming up, but that's probably going to be a more Magneto-driven film since the film was originally intended to be a Magneto movie.

Know what? I want a non-animated Dr.Strange movie. That'd be nice.

Or a non-shitty Ghost Rider. Is that too much to ask?

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 pm

All the avenger sequels have been confirmed for a while now, Avengers 2 is scheduled for 2015/16 atm so during that period we should get the confirmed sequels and hopefully a shield movie (i'd guess based around the cold war to get some use of the winter soldier storyline and use black widow more). I did find out that the guy who played Bucky in Cap America has signed up for 6 films, so I think its pretty much a given that Winter Soldier will appear.

Strange is in the works as his medallion was shown in Thor. Black Panther is pretty likely as well considering how much they talk about vibranium.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:00 pm

Luke_X wrote:
Strange is in the works as [img]his%20medallion%20was%20shown%20in%20Thor[/img]. Black Panther is pretty likely as well considering how much they talk about vibranium.

HOLY SHIT WHY DID NO NOT NOTICE THIS!?

YES!

There are two people I think would be perfect for the role of Strange. Liam Neeson, or Hugh Laurie. Either of them playing Dr.Strange would make me very happy :D

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:06 pm

I really wish I read comic books as a kid now cause I don't know who half of these people are haha :(

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 pm

I know enough to have realised the import of the final credit scene (yes I fall into the geek category). Overall I don't think they will stray to far of the main path, or add the more obscure characters, because for the general public it would all get to confusing.

On another note, I shall be using Lokis insult towards Black Widow in conversation more often. :lol:

I feel sorry for the parents of young kids, (of which there where many at my viewing) who have to try & explain that one.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:30 pm

What did he say again? I remember laughing at it but not the words in specific :/

But yeah, if you got the ending of Avengers, you totally qualify as a geek. :lol:

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:34 pm

I consider it a spoiler, because it's actually more shocking than I thought we would get in a 12a.

Got to love the evolution of language, they get away with it because most probably don't know what it means.

Suffice to say I already have a .gif in mind for my new sig in about a week or so, after most people have seen it.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Does the gif involve Nigel Thornberry...?

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:What did he say again? I remember laughing at it but not the words in specific :/

But yeah, if you got the ending of Avengers, you totally qualify as a geek. :lol:

Sent you a PM that sums it up nicely :lol: