movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Soze » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:45 pm

It's only taken me 26 years but I finally watched Lethal Weapon today. Can't really say I can see what the fuss is about. Twas OK, perhaps if I'd caught it back at the time it would have made more of an impression on me. Although this buddy cop thing isn't especially my cup of tea anyway.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:00 pm

It's definitely a film of its time, although I have to say I like all 4 of them and have the bluray box set :yes:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:30 am

Mel Gibson and Gary Busey in their crazy prime, perfect.

I actually quite liked Gibson's last movie which surprised me. How I spent my summer vacation. He is still capable of making good films despite being of questionable mind.
I see the bad moon arising.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:40 am

I bought that, good film :yes:

Just seen the trailer for Now You See Me, it looks really good
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Dr Sin
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dr Sin » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:35 am

Off to watch this is the end tonight. I dont don't know anything about it, I've just been told that I'm going :lol:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:38 am

Dr Sin wrote:Off to watch this is the end tonight. I dont don't know anything about it, I've just been told that I'm going :lol:

Looks quite funny, all the actors playing themselves

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:07 am

Dr Sin wrote:Off to watch this is the end tonight. I dont don't know anything about it, I've just been told that I'm going :lol:

Freaks and Geeks II: The Apocalypse.

Dr Sin
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dr Sin » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:17 am

Sounds good enough for my simple movie tastes

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm having an Indiana Jones day

I never realised how much was edited from the tv version of Temple Of Doom, today is the first time i've seen the film on bluray and not tv :o

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Andy Hall wrote:I'm having an Indiana Jones day

I never realised how much was edited from the tv version of Temple Of Doom, today is the first time i've seen the film on bluray and not tv :o

I've only ever seen it on tv as well, what's been edited?
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:31 pm

the sacrifice scene you actually see him remove the heart and as the guy gets lowered you see him burn and the heart melt and burst in to flames, the fights are longer and more intense the torture scene on Indy and short round are more intense you see the lashing marks from the whip and short round getting whipped by the boy sheikh

It's quite a dark film :|

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Andy Hall wrote:the sacrifice scene you actually see him remove the heart and as the guy gets lowered you see him burn and the heart melt and burst in to flames, the fights are longer and more intense the torture scene on Indy and short round are more intense you see the lashing marks from the whip and short round getting whipped by the boy sheikh

Ah right, I swear I have seen that version on tv though! I guess it just depends if it is shown after the watershed or not.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:44 pm

It's been a while since i've seen it, i've not seen it on sky and they wouldn't cut it, but I have seen it on BBC around 1800 and that didn't have these scenes in, so yeah I suppose it depends on the time

Anyway, on to my favourite Indiana Jones film now The Last Crusade :yes:

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Saw world war Z last night. Could have done with more of a build up and more of the science-y type stuff, but overally really enjoyed it. 7.5/10

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:the sacrifice scene you actually see him remove the heart and as the guy gets lowered you see him burn and the heart melt and burst in to flames, the fights are longer and more intense the torture scene on Indy and short round are more intense you see the lashing marks from the whip and short round getting whipped by the boy sheikh

Ah right, I swear I have seen that version on tv though! I guess it just depends if it is shown after the watershed or not.

This is the first time Temple of Doom was released uncensored in the UK and its only on blu ray.