movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Turbo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Oceansoul wrote:I was finally persuaded to watch Twilight after avoiding watching it for ages. I actually really enjoyed it :D Also surprisingly enjoyed the newish St. Trinians film :eyes:

The St. Trinians remake was quite a fun film I thought. I went to see Twillight with the better half while I was in Ireland, and I could definately think of a better way of parting 20 euros than that. It was dire.

Edit: Just watched Hellraiser 4. God damn this is getting worst and worst. I cant wait till Hellraiser 8, im expecting it to be the worst film in history.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:22 am

Turbo wrote:Edit: Just watched Hellraiser 4. God damn this is getting worst and worst. I cant wait till Hellraiser 8, im expecting it to be the worst film in history.

Seriously, don't bother. The more they go on the less Pinhead appears in them, onscreen sometimes for barely two minutes. Each film becomes more of an extended Tales From the Crypt episode, with Pinhead as the Cryptkeeper, rather than a Hellraiser movie.
From the remainder, only Hellseeker (VI) and Deader (VII) are probably just about worth bothering with. Ashley Laurence is in Hellseeker btw.
Oh, and apparently there is a 9th one (Prophecy) but it doesn't really qualify as it's only a fan-made short.
The official remake of the original will be out in about 18 months,

After watching the trailer earlier, I came to the conclusion that Crank 2 looks like it could very well be the stupidest film ever made.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:52 am

Turbo wrote:

Edit: Just watched Hellraiser 4. God damn this is getting worst and worst. I cant wait till Hellraiser 8, im expecting it to be the worst film in history.

It is stunning terrible. Hellraiser Inferno is even worse, some cop drama with absolutely NOTHING to do with the Hellraiser series, but with Pinhead's face slapped on the cover of the box to try to get it some attention! I gave up after Inferno and haven't lower myself to the level of seeing the other 3, seriously, don't watch any more of them, if you do you'll suddenly realise how many more worthwhile things you could have done with 2 hours of your life.

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:53 am

Darkweasel wrote:

After watching the trailer earlier, I came to the conclusion that Crank 2 looks like it could very well be the stupidest film ever made.

Stupider than the first one? That would be an achievement in itself.

Me and the missus watched Krull yesterday, awesomely bad film!

RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Saw 'catch me if you can' on tv last night.
I liked it alot but it there were times when it was blatantly daft, especially as it was supposed to be a true story (not that 'true story' seems to mean anything outside of documentaries).

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:45 pm

bloodfiend wrote:
Turbo wrote:

It is stunning terrible. Hellraiser Inferno is even worse, some cop drama with absolutely NOTHING to do with the Hellraiser series, but with Pinhead's face slapped on the cover of the box to try to get it some attention! I gave up after Inferno and haven't lower myself to the level of seeing the other 3, seriously, don't watch any more of them, if you do you'll suddenly realise how many more worthwhile things you could have done with 2 hours of your life.

Hahaha, cheers! I didnt think it could get any worst from yesterdays Hellraiser (4). When they throw a more or less earth bound (and its really got to be as the whole heaven and hell thing was thought of by Dio, I mean humans) into space, there is a little bit of me that wonders if it was the trend in 1996, where all these franchise movies have to do one space film to keep them going. The robot, which is seen very early on in the movie pissing about with the box that raises hell, is a hybrid of the T-800, and Johnny Five, and I swear to god I recommend the makers of both Terminator, and Short Circuit should have a butchers at Hellraiser 4 to see if there are any copyright infringements involved.

Ms 80s
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Ms 80s » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:30 pm

I watched Apocalypto today, it was pretty good. Mel Gibson's done a good job :D :yes: I was totally drawn into the characters, particularly Jaguar Paw and the action! I found the ending a bit sudden though, I didn't want it to end! lol

I also attempted to watch King Arthur, which is on tv, but I couldn't watch it for more than 15 mins...not to my liking.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 pm

Hellraiser V.

:lol: Junk.

PoonLagoonGuy23
Consort of the Beast

Postby PoonLagoonGuy23 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Watched Hostel again yesterday. God i love it and its death metal imagery :yes:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:49 pm

PoonLagoonGuy23 wrote:Watched Hostel again yesterday. God i love it and its death metal imagery :yes:

First one is so much better than the second.

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:54 pm

I love King Arthur..

..because Tristan and Gawain are seriously fit.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Yeah! Hellraiser VI tonight!

Nearly, so nearly at an end...

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Turbo wrote:Nearly, so nearly at an end...

Your patience or your sanity?

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 am

Anyone else here a fan of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium?
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Turbo wrote:Nearly, so nearly at an end...

Your patience or your sanity?

Little chance of sanity. I lost my marbles years ago!

I actually forgot about watching Hellraiser VI, so im going to do it..NOW.