movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Soze
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Soze » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Luke_X wrote:The 'army' in the Avengers has been announced as The Chitauri, which are the ultimates version of The Skrulls. I trust joss knows what he is doing.

I haven't heard a bad thing about this film yet. I did hear a rumour that the skrulls have been pegged for any potential FF reboot so they couldn't use them by this name in Avengers. God knows how much truth there is to that though.

The remake of Clash of the Titans is utter horse cock. The original is no classic but shits on the new one from a great height.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Soze wrote:
Luke_X wrote:The 'army' in the Avengers has been announced as The Chitauri, which are the ultimates version of The Skrulls. I trust joss knows what he is doing.

I haven't heard a bad thing about this film yet. I did hear a rumour that the skrulls have been pegged for any potential FF reboot so they couldn't use them by this name in Avengers. God knows how much truth there is to that though.

The remake of Clash of the Titans is utter horse cock. The original is no classic but shits on the new one from a great height.

I've heard something similar about the FF reboot but i dont think they have much time left before the rights go back to Marvel.

It's a bold move to have aliens in the Avengers so early, but then Thor and Loki are aliens at the same time. All the footage ive seen so far looks great but I'm avoiding reviews as I don't want my excitement tainted with what to expect. I want a clean perspective but by all accounts this should be amazing.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:54 pm

Mickey Rourke and rosario Dawson have been confirmed to return to sin city 2 for their roles. still no word on the other cast members.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Well Battleship was as awful as I expected. unintentionally hilarious though, so a point for 'comedy' value. 1/10.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:49 am

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:Well Battleship was as awful as I expected. unintentionally hilarious though, so a point for 'comedy' value. 1/10.

Ha, I expected it to be shit, but came away thinking it was really enjoyable!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:44 pm

1\10 is harsh. it wasnt amazing but it definitely wasnt that bad.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:48 pm

I've not even heard of this Battleship film. I may have to look into it. :lol:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:52 pm

its based on battleships but its not as bad as you would imagine based on that. its your standard brainless action movie but less brainless than most, surprisingly.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:00 pm

CrappyMike wrote:its based on battleships

WTF?

In that case, I eagerly await the sequels - Operation, Mousetrap, and Buck-A-Roo.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:48 pm

:Lol: yeah, thats a fair comment. It manages it well though, or at least I thought so. Not too cringeworthy and a couple of decent characers, although mostly typical Americans. The lead guy looked familiar but I cant quite place hime, I think he should get more leading roles though.

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:02 pm

CrappyMike wrote::Lol: yeah, thats a fair comment. It manages it well though, or at least I thought so. Not too cringeworthy and a couple of decent characers, although mostly typical Americans. The lead guy looked familiar but I cant quite place hime, I think he should get more leading roles though.

It's liam neeson isn't it? Qui-Gon Jinn in Star wars, amongst other roles.

I'm surprised at most people on here saying Battleship was crap, from the trailers I expected it to be decent-good.
Too many films coming out at Cinema atm though so I think if anything I'll just download it so at least if it isn't great, it doesn't matter with it being free.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Not too cringeworthy? :lol:

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

I was willing to give it around 3/10, because the CGI is good & the blonde is hot. But the buoy ship hunting scene & the crewing the last boat etc, where just a step to far. I could actually feel myself loosing IQ points at times through this movie, was almost as bad as Avatar.

There was a point I could almost hear 'America, Fuck Yeah' in my head. But, of course, in this film it would be a Japanese guy doing it in karaoke style.

The lead guy Taylor Kitsch, might as well just give up now, after this & John Carter he's not got off to a great start in his leading roles.

As for looking familiar, his filmography lists him as being in Snakes On A Plane. So I'm guessing that he was the guy shagging the blonde girl, who gets bitten on the tit. I must admit to not paying much attention to the bloke in that scene.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:43 pm

My mum went to see Battleship, she said she liked it. So naturally I'm going to avoid it at all costs.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Bad Ass - Decent B movie. Basically Danny Trejo beating people up a lot & being generally cool. 6/10

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - Stick with the TV show. Guy Ritchie is still shit & he's also going to fuck up The Man from U.N.C.L.E./10

EDIT

New Challenge, to get drunk or bored enough to watch this http://www.theasylum.cc/product.php?id=200

Got to admire Asylum for the persistence.

jamestomo
Paster of Muppets

Postby jamestomo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Finally got round to watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Good film as I expected, and they went into a lot more detail about the whole crazy apes/smart apes stuff which I didn't expect.
I'm not sure weather on not based on the ending to expect another film to come for in between it and the original since there is a fair gap and it doesn't exactly show the apes taking over.