Page 708 of 1111

Re: movies

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 pm
by Darkweasel
I watched the '80s remake of The Blob, and Wes Craven's Shocker both for the umpteenth time the other night.
The Blob still stands up as a great film, while Shocker doesn't fare quite so well. Brilliant soundtrack though.

Re: movies

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:33 pm
by CrappyMike
jamestomo wrote:
CrappyMike wrote::Lol: yeah, thats a fair comment. It manages it well though, or at least I thought so. Not too cringeworthy and a couple of decent characers, although mostly typical Americans. The lead guy looked familiar but I cant quite place hime, I think he should get more leading roles though.


It's liam neeson isn't it? Qui-Gon Jinn in Star wars, amongst other roles.

no i am well aware of who liam neeson is :lol:

some research reveals him as taylor kitsch, who is apparently playing john carter. most excellent.

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:24 am
by Applecore
jamestomo wrote:It's liam neeson isn't it? Qui-Gon Jinn in Star wars, amongst other roles.

Of all of the Liam Neeson roles, why would you choose the one from The Phantom Menace??
You could've had Taken, The A-Team, Darkman, The Grey, The Haunting, Unknown, Love Actually..
But The Phantom fucking Menace??

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 am
by Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
Darkman out of those.

But I would've gone for Schindler's List, by far his best performance.

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:29 am
by xBERSERKERx
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:New Challenge, to get drunk or bored enough to watch this http://www.theasylum.cc/product.php?id=200

Got to admire Asylum for the persistence.


To be fair, apart from all the futurised shit, it actually looks semi-decent. But, the name of it ruined it.

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34 am
by Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
The thing with Syfy and Asylum is that you know they are going to be awful, but sometimes that's the best thing about them. I actually watch a fair few of these type of movies just for a laugh.


On a related note, I think I'll just wait for Iron Sky. It looks slightly more enjoyable.

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:52 pm
by JRP1349
Nazi's At The Centre Of The Earth looks great but will be terrible, great titles usually lead to crap films, i will still see it though. I do enjoy some asylum films, there version of Paranormal Activity (Paranormal Entity) was much better, has anyone seen there Transformers rip off, Transmorphers?

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:12 pm
by Applecore
I saw about 20 mins of it before I sold the DVD due to sheer awfulness.

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:14 pm
by Applecore
Darkweasel wrote:I watched the '80s remake of The Blob, and Wes Craven's Shocker both for the umpteenth time the other night.
The Blob still stands up as a great film, while Shocker doesn't fare quite so well. Brilliant soundtrack though.

I quite like Shocker. It's by no means a great film, but it's fun enough. Fair bit of pilfering from Wes' more famous serial killer film of the same decade, though..

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:36 pm
by angel_of_death
Finally watched Green Lantern the other day. A good contender for worst movie ever made, very close with Battle:Los Angeles in recent memory.
Also had the misfortune to sit through Drive Angry...not quite as bad as Green Lantern but close!

Saw Cars for the first time yesterday, really enjoyable, but I found the best bit was the credit sequence with the car versions of the Pixar films!

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 pm
by Slayer-ov-orcs
Watched Machete earlier. It was sweet.

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 pm
by Turbo
Watching the straight to video American Pies and good god is there a good reason they are. Band Camp was average to poor, and the one we watched tonight, The Naked Mile was actually beyond awful. Two more of them to go and if they are of that calibre then I wont bother.

Re: movies

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:20 pm
by jamestomo
CrappyMike wrote:
jamestomo wrote:
CrappyMike wrote::Lol: yeah, thats a fair comment. It manages it well though, or at least I thought so. Not too cringeworthy and a couple of decent characers, although mostly typical Americans. The lead guy looked familiar but I cant quite place hime, I think he should get more leading roles though.


It's liam neeson isn't it? Qui-Gon Jinn in Star wars, amongst other roles.

no i am well aware of who liam neeson is :lol:

some research reveals him as taylor kitsch, who is apparently playing john carter. most excellent.


Apologies, I haven't seen the film, only the trailer and when I saw Neeson I assumed he'd be the main actor.

Applecore wrote:
jamestomo wrote:It's liam neeson isn't it? Qui-Gon Jinn in Star wars, amongst other roles.

Of all of the Liam Neeson roles, why would you choose the one from The Phantom Menace??
You could've had Taken, The A-Team, Darkman, The Grey, The Haunting, Unknown, Love Actually..
But The Phantom fucking Menace??


Gonna be honest, it was the first one of the films he's in that sprung to my head and was too tired to think of another. Plus it's an epic film

Re: movies

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:15 am
by Darkweasel
Applecore wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:I watched the '80s remake of The Blob, and Wes Craven's Shocker both for the umpteenth time the other night.
The Blob still stands up as a great film, while Shocker doesn't fare quite so well. Brilliant soundtrack though.

I quite like Shocker. It's by no means a great film, but it's fun enough. Fair bit of pilfering from Wes' more famous serial killer film of the same decade, though..

It was too much like he was trying to reinvent Freddy Krueger. Even so far as giving the killer a harmless sounding name like Horace.
Plus the body swapping thing got old really fast. The Hidden did that way better.

Re: movies

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:20 am
by Delightful-Jim
Avengers Assemble this week!

Looking forward to it now. I don't think I have ever seen a film attempt something like what this one is. Can't wait!