movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Re: movies

Postby x-tempus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:29 pm

bloodfiend wrote:Also watched the anime Spirited Away recently, which was all kinds of wierd.

one of Studio Ghibli's finest works - amazing film and one of my favourite anime's.
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Soze wrote:
Luke_X wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:The Amazing Spider-Man

In all honesty, I havent heard anyone say anything nice about it. You want to wonder why they are making a sequel but it did make them some money. Maybe they will improve on the faults but it doesn't sound like it will change much for the sequel.

I did. Really liked it ( and to be fair it's got mostly positive reviews. Even Mark Kermode enjoyed it ). I thought it captured the spirit of the original comics well and don't really see the fuss about the Lizard. The scenes where he rants and mutters to himself in the sewers were perfect. I also thought the 2 leads were excellent...probably enjoyed this more than Dark Knight Returns tbh.

As for why they're making a sequel...considering the positive critical and commercial reaction (7.3/10 on IMDB, 73% critics and 81% users on rotten tomatoes ), the fact it more than tripled it's budget in box office takings ( $700 million worldwide ) and that Sony will lose the rights if they don't make more films....I'd be more amazed if they weren't making one!!

They could very well pull a Spiderman 2 and it be amazing. Electro isn't a villain I'd expect them to use at this point especially as he isn't really much of a threat. I would have expected Rhino or Kraven or maybe even Mysterio but, considering the hidden actor at the end, I think he'd be perfect as Carnage but rumour is he will be Norman Osbourne and Green Goblin was really over used by the end of the Raimi films.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Unless they go Ultimate Spiderman style, like they did in the movie with

SPOILERS MUTHAFUCKA

Gwen's dad dying instead of Gwen herself, and have Norman turn into an actual goblin monster thing taht shoots lasers out of its eyes and eventually kill Spiderman.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Luke_X wrote:They could very well pull a Spiderman 2 and it be amazing. Electro isn't a villain I'd expect them to use at this point especially as he isn't really much of a threat. I would have expected Rhino or Kraven or maybe even Mysterio but, considering the hidden actor at the end, I think he'd be perfect as Carnage but rumour is he will be Norman Osbourne and Green Goblin was really over used by the end of the Raimi films.

I can't imagine any one doing a Spiderman trilogy and not wanting to put the Green Goblin in at some point. I hope they hold him off to the third film though ( suspecting they will and we'll see the death of Gwen Stacey story there too ). I think Electro could be a good villain if used well, Rhino would be difficult to pull off on screen I think.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Soze wrote:The scenes where he rants and mutters to himself in the sewers were perfect

Shamelessly lifted from Dafoe's Green Goblin.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Soze wrote:The scenes where he rants and mutters to himself in the sewers were perfect

Shamelessly lifted from Dafoe's Green Goblin.

I was thinking more of Lee/Ditko personally. Dafoe was good in the first film but that Goblin costume was awful. Looked like a power ranger.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 pm

I really really liked The Amazing Spiderman. In fact, I just bought the BD, despite having downloaded a perfect rip weeks ago.
It was just simply a fun, virtually brainless movie that didn't try to make itself out to be anything more than just that.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 am

I bought Spiderman too, was really impressed by it, but still think the doc oc movie is the best

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 am

Watched Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World yesterday. Really not what I was expecting. When that Patel cunt turns up and sorts fighting him I started to wonder what the fuck was going on as I was expecting it to be some sort of film where he ends up pissing off a load of crime gangs by accident or something.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:12 am

I hated that Pilgrim film

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 am

Andrewhall28 wrote: the doc oc movie is the best

By a country mile.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Just announced, Taken 2 will be unrated on blu ray and feature a 20 minute alternate ending. No idea if this also applies to the DVD.

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Luke_X wrote:Just announced, Taken 2 will be unrated on blu ray and feature a 20 minute alternate ending. No idea if this also applies to the DVD.

It better
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Thank fuck for that, as much as I enjoyed the cineam version, you could see the edits, and the final death scene made no sense at all, as most of what he did to him, was removed from the film, he basically just died in his arms :|

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Now im home, i can put the link. it also has a brief list of special features as well as bd/dvd cover designs.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97567