movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:54 pm

Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford aren't looking too good nowadays either. In fact, when was the last time you saw Hamill in a film? He mainly does voice acting now (and he's fucking phenomenal at it too).
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford aren't looking too good nowadays either. In fact, when was the last time you saw Hamill in a film? He mainly does voice acting now (and he's fucking phenomenal at it too).

Mark Hamill - holy fuck.

Carrie Fisher actually looks better than he does.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:06 pm

I fully expect Mark Hamill to be involved either as an antagonist (either as a sith or just plain evil now) or as a guide to the main characters like Yoda or Obi Wan was to him.

We'd be coming in at post Empire so they'd be all but gone, Luke would have tried to start up another Jedi school and Hans kid would be king/queen of some world. There are plenty of ideas of what would be next to speculate but I want them and JJ Abrams to take their time and not rush. The story has always been about the Skywalkers, so it stands to reason it'll follow their next side of the family in what they do.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Exactly. I expect they'll be in the new films, but they're probably not going to be the main characters. Probably as some sort of mentor or something.

He's still the best Joker ever though.

meathookseed
Consort of the Beast

Postby meathookseed » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:05 pm

They are also selling the props or the movie on eBay at the moment, and when I last looked, judge Dredd's uniform was at around £7,500. So there is definitely a call for it now so a sequel will likly be made just a matter of when. It took them about 1.5 years in post production alone on the first film because of the 3d effects.

Yes I have my eye on a few things at the moment. I do also realise that Dredd did well in the UK ( I went 5 times myself!) and the DVDs are selling well so lets hope for movement on the sequels front. :yes:
Monkey see,monkey do!

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford aren't looking too good nowadays either. In fact, when was the last time you saw Hamill in a film? He mainly does voice acting now (and he's fucking phenomenal at it too).

He made his money on Broadway, he left film for the theatre after Star Wars and enjoyedbit so much he stayed there

Awesome Joker though :yes:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:22 pm

gandalf the red wrote:I can see Harrison Ford being more involved than some of the others. If he can still play Indiana Jones, then playing a older Han Solo will be a piece of cake.

Agreed.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:28 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:
gandalf the red wrote:I can see Harrison Ford being more involved than some of the others. If he can still play Indiana Jones, then playing a older Han Solo will be a piece of cake.

Agreed.

Well, we have the first movie's subtitle then:

Star Wars Episode 7: Han Solo and the Nuclear Space Fridge.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:33 pm

I just hope I enjoy it, something I can't say about episode 1 and 2 sadly
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Episode 2 wasn't that bad I just felt disappointed after seeing it. It didn't really have much of a plot and there was no villain. Just a meh fight at the end.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

It was ok but the fact I've only seen it twice says a lot

Anyway I'm going to watch Ridley Scott's Director's Cut of Robin Hood now, I love that film not seen it for a while, so that's going to take me nicely to Ripper Street st 2100, then TNA at 2200

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Episode 2 had a couple of cool moments, was visually pleasing and had one of the best soundtracks I have ever heard, but as a narrative it just sucks. Episode 1 I loved because it was the first Star Wars film I was introduced to, and that's it. It was already said, it had a good start and a great finish, and everything in-between was meh.

Like Andy, if the new ones are even as good as Episode 3 I'd be happy. Anything better would be a huge bonus. So really I have high hopes, but low expectations.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:03 pm

I watched Episode 2 twice in a row on its opening day.
I don't regret it. Yes, it's a bit dodgy in places but it was a massive improvement on TPM and an excellent film to see on the big screen.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Star Wars does look great at the cinema, I'd love to ser the original trilogy there

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Star Wars does look great at the cinema, I'd love to ser the original trilogy there

Any independent cinema worth its salt should be doing at least one marathon a year.