movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Luke_X » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 pm

im waiting for the directors cut to be released.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Johnny Tightlips wrote:The editing was actually OK, you could tell where they had cut some bits out as the scenes were quite choppy, but I didn't feel the lack of violence detracted from the film too much - the other problems way overshadowed it.

It's not the lack of violence, Dark Knight was still very intense and graphic with a 12a rating, it's more that this is not the finished film, and the full movie has been released, normallyb we get the same cinema version as everyone else why has the UK got an edited version for cinema ?
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Andy Hall wrote:
Johnny Tightlips wrote:The editing was actually OK, you could tell where they had cut some bits out as the scenes were quite choppy, but I didn't feel the lack of violence detracted from the film too much - the other problems way overshadowed it.

It's not the lack of violence, Dark Knight was still very intense and graphic with a 12a rating, it's more that this is not the finished film, and the full movie has been released, normallyb we get the same cinema version as everyone else why has the UK got an edited version for cinema ?

Fox said that it was so that teenagers and adults could enjoy it I believe. Speaking of which there were some kids who looked about 10 in the showing I saw yesterday and one of them was on their phone for the entire time.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:Fox said that it was so that teenagers and adults could enjoy it I believe. Speaking of which there were some kids who looked about 10 in the showing I saw yesterday and one of them was on their phone for the entire time.

call me a miserable old bastard, but the good thing about shift work is that I can go to the cinema during a work day, and have all the kids at school and most people at work, it makes for a much nicer experience :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Andy Hall wrote:
Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:Fox said that it was so that teenagers and adults could enjoy it I believe. Speaking of which there were some kids who looked about 10 in the showing I saw yesterday and one of them was on their phone for the entire time.

call me a miserable old bastard, but the good thing about shift work is that I can go to the cinema during a work day, and have all the kids at school and most people at work, it makes for a much nicer experience :lol:

Actually I'll agree with you there. Other people ruin films for me before the film has chance to.
The other week when me and a couple of mates went to see Gangster Squad, the film started and we were the only 3 there. I was chuffed with that but then 2 girls walked in and spent the whole film talking and laughing and being generally horrible. I'm all for people having fun but I always thought it was common decency to shut the fuck up in the cinema?
There's a point, actually, at our cinema there used to be an ad that played before each film doing the whole "no talking, no smoking, rubbish in the bins etc" thing, but I haven't seen it played in a while (thinking back, it could even be 10 years.. fuck..) - Have you lot noticed this, or has my local cinema just stopped giving a shit?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

They have the switch your phone off add

Having spent many a time working on American overseas air bases, Americans talk through the whole film, they shout at the screen, they clap and holler, it's highly annoying :lol:

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Add is still there. But it does seem a more common occurrence, to be interupted or for bloody phone to go off or distract you.

I've got friends working in both my local cinemas though, if it was just an individual or small group, I would probably just get them to come & kick them out if it annoyed me enough. It's why I go on 1st showing Sunday, if possible.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:11 pm

We occasionally get the Orange phone ads ("Don't let a phone ruin your movie"), but that's it. Even then lately they've not been showing - last one I saw was just before The Sweeney came out.
Weird that my cinema are seemingly less fussed about people being noisy and more about advertising that fucking Movietickets.co.uk shite, which always prompts my response "WHY ARE YOU AMERICANS USING DOT CO DOT UK??"
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:14 pm

different cinemas are using different adverts then because I have not seen that 1 :|

We get Pearl And Dean, an ice cream add, adverts for cars, then movie trailers

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:16 pm

One of the trailers than I enjoyed that I didn't think I owuld was the new Will Smith movie, After Earth, actually looks really good, Oblivion with Tom Cruise looks damn good too

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:43 pm

I miss the pearl and dean tune. DCM just isn't as memorable/cool.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Harrison Ford confirmed to appear in the next Star Wars film apparently. And Man of Steel has been said to have caused enormous excitement after being screened to the families of Warner Bros suits and execs. Not sure if there's much to read into that really.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Soze wrote:Harrison Ford confirmed to appear in the next Star Wars film apparently. And Man of Steel has been said to have caused enormous excitement after being screened to the families of Warner Bros suits and execs. Not sure if there's much to read into that really.

Think someone jumped the gun, last report I read was that he had been approached & showed a lot of interest, but it was likely to be a couple of months of negotiation, whilst other cast members where contacted & script ideas put forward etc.

I suspect he'll agree, specially with the Han Solo stand alone movie due for the same time. I imagine they'll pay him double, just for a cameo in that.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:49 pm

I think both Han and Luke will beimportant side characters in the new films. Leia I'm not too fussed about but those 2 would easily be the moral compasses for the new characters which will likely be their children. I'm curious what JJ has planned as he does plan his stories incredibly well. Maybe Luke will be the head of the new Jedi order? Did the Empire really end with the death of Vader? The potential is all there.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:25 pm

SPIDERS

Russian space spiders from the 1980s crash land in the middle of New York and bite people. Something about a Queen Spider, something about a special project, something about something else I can't be bothered to even remember.
The bloke who gets his brains sucked out in Starship Troopers is the actor unlucky enough to be the "star", while the rest of the cast are made up of planks of wood of assorted sizes along with some of the cheapest CGI effects known to man.
On the plus side, the action sequences are handled surprisingly well, and it only falls apart every time someone does or says anything or when there's something CGI on the screen.
3/10