Page 848 of 1111

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 am
by Andy Hall
New Michelle Yeoh movie Reign Of Assassins on DVD only on the 25th, trailer looks awesome too

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:31 pm
by angel_of_death
Applecore wrote:We occasionally get the Orange phone ads ("Don't let a phone ruin your movie"), but that's it. Even then lately they've not been showing - last one I saw was just before The Sweeney came out.
Weird that my cinema are seemingly less fussed about people being noisy and more about advertising that fucking Movietickets.co.uk shite, which always prompts my response "WHY ARE YOU AMERICANS USING DOT CO DOT UK??"


Orange doesn't exist as a company in the UK anymore so I'm sure we won't be seeing any more of those annoying movie spoof ads...instead we get Kevin fucking Bacon every time...which is equally annoying if you go often!

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 pm
by Soze
angel_of_death wrote:Orange doesn't exist as a company in the UK anymore so I'm sure we won't be seeing any more of those annoying movie spoof ads...instead we get Kevin fucking Bacon every time...which is equally annoying if you go often!


They do still exist, EE are an umbrella company running 4GEE, Orange and T-Mobile. Orange as a network still exists for now although in a couple of years time things may change. The 2 for 1 thing is still called Orange Wednesdays for Orange customers but it's also available for EE customers as well.

I go to the cinema so rarely I hardly ever see the same advert twice. Although there are a lot of films coming out this year that'll tempt me ( Iron Man 3, Kick Ass 2, The Man of Steel, Star Trek Into Darkness, Thor: The Dark World, Evil Dead, The World's End, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For and The Hobbit 2 ).

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:45 pm
by angel_of_death
Soze wrote:
angel_of_death wrote:Orange doesn't exist as a company in the UK anymore so I'm sure we won't be seeing any more of those annoying movie spoof ads...instead we get Kevin fucking Bacon every time...which is equally annoying if you go often!


They do still exist, EE are an umbrella company running 4GEE, Orange and T-Mobile. Orange as a network still exists for now although in a couple of years time things may change. The 2 for 1 thing is still called Orange Wednesdays for Orange customers but it's also available for EE customers as well.



I apologise if I was wrong...Just, the Orange shops are gone and I've seen no Orange branded stuff since EE started ramming Bacon down our throats...and haven't heard 2 for 1 wednesday called Orange Wednesday for even longer!

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:23 pm
by Andy Hall
This year looks amazing for films, just read about a fantasy Dragon movie coming out this year too, and it is dark and not your usual kiddie fair too, it's called The Seventh Son

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:45 pm
by Darkweasel
Andy Hall wrote:This year looks amazing for films, just read about a fantasy Dragon movie coming out this year too, and it is dark and not your usual kiddie fair too, it's called The Seventh Son

Yeah, I've heard of that. It's causing a bit of a rumble among the fans of the books. Apparently, the characters in the stories are all around 13 years old but they've cast twenty-somethings in the roles instead, while others are up in arms because they've cast Americans, which means even more hilarious regional "English" accents.
So much anger. The Imdb message board can be brilliant sometimes. :lol: :lol:

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:11 pm
by Andy Hall
Well i'll watch it first and condemn it afterwards

I'm just about to watch a film called The Darkest Hour about aliens made of energy taking over the planet, trailer looked good

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:20 pm
by angel_of_death
Andy Hall wrote:Well i'll watch it first and condemn it afterwards

I'm just about to watch a film called The Darkest Hour about aliens made of energy taking over the planet, trailer looked good


You'll probably love it but I thought it was one of the worst films I saw last year, nearly as bad as Skyline...but not quite!

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 pm
by Andy Hall
Not great, but not horrendous either.

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:08 pm
by MetalBeast
Watched Grabbers on DVD tonight. It was pretty good, but not quite as good as I was expecting. Set my expectations really high for this one.

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:22 pm
by Darkweasel
Andy Hall wrote:Well i'll watch it first and condemn it afterwards
I quite the look of it, and having no preconceptions based on a series of books I haven't read, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up liking it more than some of the "fans".

Of course, it might just be a big old pile of pants.

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 pm
by Andy Hall
Underworld Rise Of The Lycans I have all 4 of these films, and I love the lot of them, proof an adult fantasy action franchise can be successful, these films look amazing, are well acted and thought out, and aren't watered down for the kids 9/10

Re: movies

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:50 pm
by Luke_X
Andy Hall wrote:Underworld Rise Of The Mugabe



Wait what?

Re: movies

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:31 am
by Darkweasel
Luke_X wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:Underworld Rise Of The Mugabe



Wait what?

Image

Re: movies

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:09 am
by Andy Hall
Luke_X wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:Underworld Rise Of The Mugabe



Wait what?


Someone's havingba laugh I think because I never wrote that :|