movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:20 pm

4 Isn't too bad but if you've seen Cold Prey then it just comes across as a bit of cheap copy. The third one is awful. Really fucking awful.

It does feature a quite magnificent pair of thumpers though.
Image

User avatar
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2661
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: movies

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:27 pm

Darkweasel wrote:4 Isn't too bad but if you've seen Cold Prey then it just comes across as a bit of cheap copy. The third one is awful. Really fucking awful.

It does feature a quite magnificent pair of thumpers though.


:lol: I watched the intruder at the weekend and there was no boobs. What sort of eighties horror has no boobs. :lol:

I always liked the boobs in Friday the 13th Part 5 when they're getting it on outside on the blanket. :eyes: Not sure why I shared that info. :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Because they're fantastic, that's why. Those glorious, swinging silicone-free boobs make that entire scene something approaching perfection. in fact, Part 5 has easily the highest boob tally of the whole F13th series. Not really surprising though as (now deceased) director Danny Steinmann's career began with porn and (surprisingly enjoyable) Linda Blair rapesploitation flick Savage Streets.
Image

User avatar
Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2661
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: movies

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:14 pm

I'll have to check Savage Streets out.

On other movie stuff. I watched World War Z and completely agree with Dark Weasel. It's just a Brad Pitt escape film. Poor.
Watched This is the end and liked it. Worth it purely for the chat outside Emma Watson's room.
I see the bad moon arising.

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Andy Hall wrote:You guys really have to get in touch with your inner child once in a while, if it's not nasty horror, or snuff levels of violence you lot aren't entertained :lol:

Sorry Andy, but I find that comment completely unwarranted. We've all expressed love for films like Wreck-It Ralph, Despicable Me, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, etc (in fact that took up 2/3rds of the page before last!)
Yeah we watch violent movies from time to time, but if you don't like them, butt out of the conversation about them! I don't care for most of the movies you watch but you don't see me posting "That kind of movie does nothing for me :| " when you talk about them.
We've all said you should give certain films a shot (honestly, the Evil Dead films are great fun. By all means skip the first as it's intended as pure horror, but the second is as much a comedy as a horror and the third just totally skips the horror element altogether. Any of them can be watched without having seen the previous, too, as ED2 is a sort-of remake and Army of Darkness starts with a recap!) and you've just shrugged them off. If you're going to have that kind of attitude to our advice/thoughts then why should we ever bother reading/listening to yours?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Darkweasel wrote:Because they're fantastic, that's why. Those glorious, swinging silicone-free boobs make that entire scene something approaching perfection. in fact, Part 5 has easily the highest boob tally of the whole F13th series. Not really surprising though as (now deceased) director Danny Steinmann's career began with porn and (surprisingly enjoyable) Linda Blair rapesploitation flick Savage Streets.

Been meaning to check that out. It recently got a re-release by Arrow, with new artwork by Tom "The Dude Designs" Hodge, of Hobo With a Shotgun fame:
Image
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Andy Hall
Denim Demon
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Applecore wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:You guys really have to get in touch with your inner child once in a while, if it's not nasty horror, or snuff levels of violence you lot aren't entertained :lol:

Sorry Andy, but I find that comment completely unwarranted. We've all expressed love for films like Wreck-It Ralph, Despicable Me, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, etc (in fact that took up 2/3rds of the page before last!)
Yeah we watch violent movies from time to time, but if you don't like them, butt out of the conversation about them! I don't care for most of the movies you watch but you don't see me posting "That kind of movie does nothing for me :| " when you talk about them.
We've all said you should give certain films a shot (honestly, the Evil Dead films are great fun. By all means skip the first as it's intended as pure horror, but the second is as much a comedy as a horror and the third just totally skips the horror element altogether. Any of them can be watched without having seen the previous, too, as ED2 is a sort-of remake and Army of Darkness starts with a recap!) and you've just shrugged them off. If you're going to have that kind of attitude to our advice/thoughts then why should we ever bother reading/listening to yours?


If anything was unwarranted it was such an aggressive reply to a post that was so obviously tongue in cheek it should have come with a health warning :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:23 pm

No, I genuinely get quite fucked off when people shrug off horror due to not liking the levels of gore. If you don't like it, bloody well leave it alone.
At work and school I constantly had to put up with people saying I was sick for enjoying gory movies, monsters and horror, when I see nothing wrong with it.
Reason I got defensive just there was it's not exactly common that we have a discussion about cult movies like The Fly/The Fly 2, and you stuck your nose in saying how you don't like that kind of film. We know you don't, because you say it EVERY TIME a film like that gets mentioned!
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Also I'm not quite sure how my post was "aggressive"..?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Andy Hall
Denim Demon
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Applecore wrote:No, I genuinely get quite fucked off when people shrug off horror due to not liking the levels of gore. If you don't like it, bloody well leave it alone.
At work and school I constantly had to put up with people saying I was sick for enjoying gory movies, monsters and horror, when I see nothing wrong with it.
Reason I got defensive just there was it's not exactly common that we have a discussion about cult movies like The Fly/The Fly 2, and you stuck your nose in saying how you don't like that kind of film. We know you don't, because you say it EVERY TIME a film like that gets mentioned!


Good for you, my opinions are my own I see no reason why they should be taken in any other way, if you don't like them just ignore them

If you're happy with how you think and who you are, my opinions shouldn't matter to you 1 bit quite frankly :?
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 pm

It's because I live with a guy with the same opinions as you. He shrugs off the movies I love and I have to sit and put up with him watching shit that I really don't care for. Ugh, I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore.
I need to go to bed.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Andy Hall
Denim Demon
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Applecore wrote:It's because I live with a guy with the same opinions as you. He shrugs off the movies I love and I have to sit and put up with him watching shit that I really don't care for. Ugh, I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore.
I need to go to bed.


It's cool, have a good kip, and maybe tomorrow things will be clearer, but seriously, opinions man, we all have them, just don't take them to heart, I am trying to learn that myself, and it's not easy when you're passionate about something :yes:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Yeah definitely. Expect a full rage post in the pissed off thread in the next few days given the way things are going :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon
Posts: 7513
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Re: movies

Postby Ensorcelled » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:06 pm

http://i.imgur.com/X5bu6jr.jpg

So, this travesty is still happening..
Image

User avatar
Andy Hall
Denim Demon
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:http://i.imgur.com/X5bu6jr.jpg

So, this travesty is still happening..


well you can guess it's going to be a travesty, but until you've seen it, you really are just guessing :lol:

As for the why remake it brigade, well the original was not made for the world market, it really is routed in that culture ,western audiences are really lazy when it comes to subtitles, and I would hazard a guess the majority will not even know this is a remake :lol:

I'll give it a watch and hope for a brilliant adaptation personally, it deserves that
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol: