movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon
Posts: 15428
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Fincham
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Funny People

It's a film you have to watch once , great acting, it is a comedy drama, Adam Sandler can act amazingly see Punch drunk love for proof of that , it is a very good film, more of a drama tha a comedy though

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:03 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Funny People

It's a film you have to watch once , great acting, it is a comedy drama, Adam Sandler can act amazingly see Punch drunk love for proof of that , it is a very good film, more of a drama tha a comedy though

Really? That was probably the worst film I saw last year, such a massive let down. A good majority of it was just the characters saying how thin Seth Rogen is now and how Adam Sandler's done some really awful films in his past.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon
Posts: 15428
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Fincham
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:06 pm

Applecore wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Funny People

It's a film you have to watch once , great acting, it is a comedy drama, Adam Sandler can act amazingly see Punch drunk love for proof of that , it is a very good film, more of a drama tha a comedy though

Really? That was probably the worst film I saw last year, such a massive let down. A good majority of it was just the characters saying how thin Seth Rogen is now and how Adam Sandler's done some really awful films in his past.


I have no idea what the cinema version was like i saw the extended cut of the film , I just thought it was a very good film , I didn't think it would have made a good popcorn movie though

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:10 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
Applecore wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Funny People

It's a film you have to watch once , great acting, it is a comedy drama, Adam Sandler can act amazingly see Punch drunk love for proof of that , it is a very good film, more of a drama tha a comedy though

Really? That was probably the worst film I saw last year, such a massive let down. A good majority of it was just the characters saying how thin Seth Rogen is now and how Adam Sandler's done some really awful films in his past.


I have no idea what the cinema version was like i saw the extended cut of the film , I just thought it was a very good film , I didn't think it would have made a good popcorn movie though

I saw that the dvd has both cuts of the film, me and a mate saw it in HMV and wondered whether the extended cut would be any better. Decided not as it was pretty painful to watch already. Let's just say the beers we snuck into the cinema were very much appreciated.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon
Posts: 15428
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Fincham
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:10 pm

It certainly isn't a pick me up film that's for sure :lol:

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Speaking of "pick", I watched Pecker today.

Edward Furlong plays a young Baltimore-based photographer called Pecker, who's photographs of the everyday weirdos in his town are discovered by a New York art dealer. Before he knows it he's the next big thing in the Art world, but is his success worth losing the respect of his friends and family?

It's a decent film with quite a few good laughs. Though, one to watch with an open mind, as it's a John Waters film it's full of sexual innuendo and a bigger gay following than Glee.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Flaming_Chaos
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:34 pm
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Flaming_Chaos » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:56 pm

just watched the butterfly effect. forgot how much i really love that movie. also, its the only film where ashton kutcher can act :P
Check out my solo music page: http://www.myspace.com/preachersofodiummusic
AGALLOCH FOR BOA '11!
NOVEMBRE FOR BOA '11!
KATATONIA FOR BOA '11!
SOILWORK FOR BOA '11!
Image

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Flaming_Chaos wrote:just watched the butterfly effect. forgot how much i really love that movie. also, its the only film where ashton kutcher can act :P

I dunno, he pulled off the complete moron act in "Dude, Where's My Car?" quite well..
At least, I think he was acting..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Flaming_Chaos
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:34 pm
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Flaming_Chaos » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Applecore wrote:
Flaming_Chaos wrote:just watched the butterfly effect. forgot how much i really love that movie. also, its the only film where ashton kutcher can act :P

I dunno, he pulled off the complete moron act in "Dude, Where's My Car?" quite well..
At least, I think he was acting..

that aint no acting man lemme tell you haha, you ever seen punk'd? that just proves it
Check out my solo music page: http://www.myspace.com/preachersofodiummusic
AGALLOCH FOR BOA '11!
NOVEMBRE FOR BOA '11!
KATATONIA FOR BOA '11!
SOILWORK FOR BOA '11!
Image

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Flaming_Chaos wrote:
Applecore wrote:
Flaming_Chaos wrote:just watched the butterfly effect. forgot how much i really love that movie. also, its the only film where ashton kutcher can act :P

I dunno, he pulled off the complete moron act in "Dude, Where's My Car?" quite well..
At least, I think he was acting..

that aint no acting man lemme tell you haha, you ever seen punk'd? that just proves it

Haha, true. To be fair to the bloke, he does a damn good job playing the serious role in Butterfly Effect.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Flaming_Chaos
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:34 pm
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Flaming_Chaos » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:10 pm

definately, i thought he was fantastic
Check out my solo music page: http://www.myspace.com/preachersofodiummusic
AGALLOCH FOR BOA '11!
NOVEMBRE FOR BOA '11!
KATATONIA FOR BOA '11!
SOILWORK FOR BOA '11!
Image

User avatar
isabiggles
Denim Demon
Posts: 3375
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: movies

Postby isabiggles » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:12 pm

Fucks sake, all of you need to watch Born of Hope right now! Just go on youtube and type it in. It's so fucking worth it.
Turbo wrote:Nice one Will.

User avatar
Cookie_
Denim Demon
Posts: 3326
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Cookie_ » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:16 pm

I'm watching Spirited Away. I wish I could go to a land like that. I think I'll watch movies all night.
Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Cookie_
Denim Demon
Posts: 3326
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Cookie_ » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 pm

28 Weeks Later.
I've realised that 3/4s of my films contain some form of a romantic storyline; not what I need right now.

Rage and blood it is :yes:
Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: movies

Postby Applecore » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Cookie_ wrote:28 Weeks Later.
I've realised that 3/4s of my films contain some form of a romantic storyline; not what I need right now.

Rage and blood it is :yes:

I quite liked that film. Lots of people didn't, but I felt it kept a similar tone to the original. That and Imogen Poots is awkwardly attractive (in both features and name).
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock