A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:34 pm

It'd be better if it were interactive so you could select/deselect countries so you can see all the plots. And a key.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:50 pm

I'd like to be descended from ancient China or Japan. Those guys had the best inventions back in the bc's.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:24 pm

Going back a couple of changes, thanks for the logo advice. Will go with the general consensus then, cheeeeerz.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Always find it weird how in Eastenders the younger generation are always giving lip out to the older gen. I would never ever tell my friends dad what for, but it seems totally acceptable.
I think it's maybe because I still have this weird parent/teacher - child/student mentality, I'm 24 now, but I still feel like I can't talk to the older generation normally. Does anyone else have this?

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Yeah, I totally get that. I don't think it's a weird parent / teacher mentality, but just showing a little respect to those who may know a little better. Can't imagine ever being lippy with someone's parents, that'd be the ultimate dick move.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm kinda like that, but it depends on the person. Being the bohemian city that Bristol is, there's plenty of people approaching my parents' age who seem to be emotionally my age so I don't have to mince my words so much. Not uncommon that they might end up in a 'mentor' kinda dynamic with me though, if that makes sense.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:45 pm

i dunno.

like, if it's specifically someones parents I'll talk to them respectfully and that.

but two people in my team are like 48 and 49 respectively and I talk to them like I would anyone else.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:48 pm

If it's someone I don't know I'd talk to them differently if they were 35+ than if they were my age, say teen-late twenties. Colleagues are different, it's casual but kiiinda professional, so I wouldn't talk back to them unless it was banter. But my family will get lip from me if they deserve it. :D
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:02 pm

It just puzzles me on Eastenders when like, Lucy basically tells Lauren's Dad he looks like shit and maybe he'd get better business if he made an effort.
If I ever said that to a friends parents I don't think I'd hear from either again :lol:

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Hannah, as an aside, I'm totally calling that Lucy is actually banging Max (and not Jake, as they are heavily implying).

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Smindas wrote:Hannah, as an aside, I'm totally calling that Lucy is actually banging Max (and not Jake, as they are heavily implying).

yeah blates

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:52 am

At risk of sounding a bit knobbish...

Nantha wrote:It just puzzles me on Eastenders when like, Lucy basically tells Lauren's Dad he looks like shit and maybe he'd get better business if he made an effort.
If I ever said that to a friends parents I don't think I'd hear from either again :lol:

Is probably not a good place to begin studying human interaction with the idea that it's representative of society, at all.

Then again, as a pre-teen, a guide to living with AS recommended that I watched Neighbours and Mr Bean for good overt examples of regular situations, good or bad. So perhaps I'm the wrong person to pass comment on it.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Noodle wrote:Then again, as a pre-teen, a guide to living with AS recommended that I watched Neighbours and Mr Bean for good overt examples of regular situations, good or bad. So perhaps I'm the wrong person to pass comment on it.

:lol:

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Any of you guys going to Damnation Festival this year?

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Yep, usual place.