A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:59 pm

siliconfury wrote:
BetelGeuse wrote:(what the hell do dentists do with extracted teeth?)

Classed as clinical waste & incinerated I think...

Right after the dentist yanked my upper first molars out, he asked me if I wanted to keep them. I tried to mumble my best "no" with a mouth shot up with novocaine and filled with cotton wool.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:22 pm

siliconfury wrote:

Send them to The Rock/Dwayne Johnson. I bet he just loves opening up his mail to find a reminder of his role in 2010 family comedy The Tooth Fairy.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:33 pm

A friend is doing sound/tour management for a tour I really want to go to.. So tempted to try blag my way onto it..
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:24 am

siliconfury wrote:

My brother's a dentist (I'm obviously the disappointment in the family) and I keep trying to convince him he needs to make a tooth statue out of teeth.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Just got turned away from my own work's party because apparently I'm barred from the venue! Knobhead bouncer threatened to call the police on me when I told him I wanted a refund for my ticket - off him. Told him to get his wallet out and give me a fiver... fucking bellend!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:55 am

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:57 am

Oddly satisfied.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Andy Hall has been busy since leaving the forum:

Eight years in prison and a $10 million fine. That’s what Andy Hall faces in only five days time -- just for exposing multiple human and labour rights violations including child labour, passport confiscation, forced work, violence and abuse in a Thai pineapple factory.

Andy was brave enough to take on Natural Fruit Ltd, one of the biggest pineapple producers and exporters in Thailand, and reveal the company’s abuse of migrant workers. But now Natural Fruit Ltd. is striking back -- hard. Andy’s British passport has already been taken, and his bogus defamation trial starts in less than five days. But there’s still hope to secure his freedom.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:31 pm

one of my friends is a hairdresser interested in adding more dreadlocks to her portfolio and is doing them for free. I really want to take her up on her offer buuut I'm scared I won't suit them/ will get bored easily and want them removed/ will make me Uber unemployable.
I've loved dreads for years and always wanted a set and this feel like the perfect chance to get them and save alot of money. She has quite abit of experience already doing them and I've wore synthetic dreads for a while before so I'm used to the experience. What do? Do i? DO I?!
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Bumcrack-smellywinkle wrote:one of my friends is a hairdresser interested in adding more dreadlocks to her portfolio and is doing them for free. I really want to take her up on her offer buuut I'm scared I won't suit them/ will get bored easily and want them removed/ will make me Uber unemployable.
I've loved dreads for years and always wanted a set and this feel like the perfect chance to get them and save alot of money. She has quite abit of experience already doing them and I've wore synthetic dreads for a while before so I'm used to the experience. What do? Do i? DO I?!

Cut your hair, hippy.

BetelGeuse
Powermetal Child

Postby BetelGeuse » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Bumcrack-smellywinkle wrote:one of my friends is a hairdresser interested in adding more dreadlocks to her portfolio and is doing them for free. I really want to take her up on her offer buuut I'm scared I won't suit them/ will get bored easily and want them removed/ will make me Uber unemployable.

Do it!

Life is too short to not have fun with your hair. So what if you do change your mind/get bored etc? They can be taken out, it takes a LOT of time (longer than having them put in) but it can be done and you CAN save most of the length.

It's only hair. DO IT.
For those about to ROCK... \m/

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:32 pm

If it all goes wrong I wouldn't mind being bald for abit :P
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

BetelGeuse
Powermetal Child

Postby BetelGeuse » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 am

Bumcrack-smellywinkle wrote:If it all goes wrong I wouldn't mind being bald for abit :P

Absolutely no reason not to then.

POIDH though!
For those about to ROCK... \m/

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Bumcrack-smellywinkle wrote:If it all goes wrong I wouldn't mind being bald for abit :P

At least you'd have no trouble getting a seat on the bus for a while.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:21 pm

The way I see it, you should only get dreads if you're converting to Rastafari*.

*Rastas don't call it Rastafarianism because "isms" are schisms, apparently.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!