A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby peypea » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:55 am

fluffymoo wrote:Rich has a video of me snoring, I sound like my cat. I also woke up in a puddle of drool this morning. I'm such a catch :B

Oh bby :love:
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:34 pm

Shock! Horror! The new Star Wars movie has the Millennium Falcon in it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29144135

We already knew that after Harrison Ford injured himself on it. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:18 pm

Bit of a dilemma, I can either go and get a tonne of beers for the weekend or go to a bar on my one on either Friday or Saturday, play darts with the landlady, talk Manowar with the barman and talk football with this random Italian guy with 20€ that I can spend max. Be the last time of going to Six Pack, and I have had plenty of cracking nights in there in it's hay day. Bit thin on the ground most weekends since the old owner died so meh I've no idea.

20€s spent in the supermarket and I can stay reasonably drunk for the remainder of my stay. Tough call.

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Got a job interview tomorrow morning, Mum has just bought me some beer, every job I've gotten I've gone to the interview slightly hungover.. by this theory tomorrows interview should go well :lol: :lol:
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Shows how little I buy deodorant when each time I do, Lynx has re-designed a fancier spray/lock mechanism.

Excite Dry tho.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Same here. I always end up with the gift packs for birthdays/Christmas. I must have about 10 bottles of shower gel in the cupboard. Not that I don't shower, just that you need to use so little of it before you end up in a lathered state. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:40 am

Trying to find a band but cant remember their name
havnt listened to them since 08, spoke to them in BOA campsite that year but they didnt play
British, heavy, guitarist had an afro, think his name was Wes?
Video of theirs had British and German soldier fighting then the German one got shot
Anyone?

Edit: Nevermind, it was Speedtheory

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Something's wrong with me, I've been whistling "Óró sé do bheatha abhaile" at work all day...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:46 pm

You think that's bad. I've had A Partridge in a Pear Tree in my head for the last couple of hours. No idea why. :?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Went to see the grave of a guy we lost in WW1 today. Surreal.

Now sitting in a bar with wifi with my laptop and a beer. Id have stopped in the hotel room but it's an airless depressing shithole. Feel antisocial to the max.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:24 pm

I've got two weeks off towards the end of October and no idea what to do with them. I was meant to be going on a bit of a jolly to Berlin with some friends, but they've had to cancel so now I'm not really sure what to do as no one else can get time off. I'll probably just spend a fortnight in my boxers playing Castlevania and drinking white russians, though it probably would be good to get out of that London.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:26 pm

For what it's worth, I recommend a solo trip abroad if you aren't fussed about having company, perhaps not for two whole weeks though. I personally wouldn't consider other people cancelling as a reason to forget the whole idea.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:40 pm

I'd love the time and money to go travelling alone, myself.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Hmm, I don't know. Something about travelling alone doesn't appeal to me all that much anymore. I've never disliked it as such, but I much prefer having a trip buddy. May not be a bad idea though.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:33 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:Trying to find a band but cant remember their name
havnt listened to them since 08, spoke to them in BOA campsite that year but they didnt play
British, heavy, guitarist had an afro, think his name was Wes?
Video of theirs had British and German soldier fighting then the German one got shot
Anyone?

Edit: Nevermind, it was Speedtheory

I remember SpeedTheory. Was thinking about them not long ago, wondering if they're still going. Fun fact: I knocked a pint over Wes' head whilst demonstrating my "floppy shoulder" party trick at BOA '07. They were fine about it... They later got Dark Tranquillity's rider when they had to leave early.

I then ballroom danced with Wes into At The Gates' pit in '08.

Doubt any of them would remember any of that though.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.