A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Womble
Denim Demon
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Womble » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Go for it! If two managers have recommended you, then you're clearly better than how you're viewing yourself.

Also, extra dorrah.

User avatar
thehairyone
Denim Demon
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: The badger sett
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby thehairyone » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:15 pm

With Ben. They clearly feel you can handle it. Once you get to grips with it and the responsibility I think you'd be pretty good, and it would mean you could do something about any idiots working there. Plus the extra cash is nice and it looks good on a CV.
Image

Image
Image

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jobdone » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Go for it.

This forum is killer for underestimating themselves. Two managers have already thrown their hat in the ring, and everyone here knows you gots this.

And if it all goes wrong, then lesson learned, and it looks good on your CV. And you can have a breakdown in the middle of the store, weeping and screaming, and when you're removed from the premises you can yell "I'M ON SUPERDRUGS. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED THAT. THEY WON'T LET ME SLEEP"
Last edited by Jobdone on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon
Posts: 7717
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:59 pm

What those dudes said.

The managers are going to rely on an assistant manager in order to get all their stuff done so they aren't going to ask you to do it unless they felt you'd be good else it'd really fuck them over.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

User avatar
JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby JamieH » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:09 pm

Do iiiit.

From what you have said before, you are near enough doing that job anyway so you might as well get paid the extra money for it..

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby peypea » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Jobdone wrote:Go for it.

This forum is killer for underestimating themselves. Two managers have already thrown their hat in the ring, and everyone here knows you gots this.

And if it all goes wrong, then lesson learned, and it looks good on your CV. And you can have a breakdown in the middle of the store, weeping and screaming, and when you're removed from the premises you can yell "I'M ON SUPERDRUGS. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED THAT. THEY WON'T LET ME SLEEP"


Omg if it goes wrong I am totally doing this.

Thanks guys :yes: I really appreciate all your input. ILY <3
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10593
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Noodle » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:35 pm

They say do the fuck out of it, we say do the fuck pit of it, do the fuck out of it. You will be awesome and grown up and admired.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Echoing the statements already mentioned. Look at it as you deserve this. Not whether you think you'll be good or not.

User avatar
JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby JamieH » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:17 pm

RIP in peace Pirate Bay

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jim » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:21 pm

JamieH wrote:RIP in peace Pirate Bay

Rest in peace in peace? Wut?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9437
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Danroush » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:28 pm

siliconfury wrote:
JamieH wrote:RIP in peace Pirate Bay

Rest in peace in peace? Wut?


You know that's been posted a bunch of times in the last few months on here, surprised you hadn't picked up on it before :P it's just a silly take the piss phrasing like "tasty food is tasty" etcetc, probably just to some idiot writing it somewhere and people ripping on them.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jobdone » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:37 pm

JamieH wrote:RIP in peace Pirate Bay


Servers down or legal action?

siliconfury wrote:
JamieH wrote:RIP in peace Pirate Bay

Rest in peace in peace? Wut?


riperino in pepperoni
Image

User avatar
JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby JamieH » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Jobdone wrote:
JamieH wrote:RIP in peace Pirate Bay


Servers down or legal action?


Servers are down worldwide, which apparently hasn't happened before and is leading some people to think it may have been shut down for good. But we shall see.

User avatar
Smindas
Denim Demon
Posts: 7936
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:40 pm

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Smindas » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:19 pm

peypea wrote:
Jobdone wrote:Go for it.

This forum is killer for underestimating themselves. Two managers have already thrown their hat in the ring, and everyone here knows you gots this.

And if it all goes wrong, then lesson learned, and it looks good on your CV. And you can have a breakdown in the middle of the store, weeping and screaming, and when you're removed from the premises you can yell "I'M ON SUPERDRUGS. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED THAT. THEY WON'T LET ME SLEEP"


Omg if it goes wrong I am totally doing this.

Thanks guys :yes: I really appreciate all your input. ILY <3

What they all said but as if I said it. Smash it etc.

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Turbo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Jobdone wrote:
JamieH wrote:RIP in peace Pirate Bay


Servers down or legal action?

siliconfury wrote:
JamieH wrote:RIP in peace Pirate Bay

Rest in peace in peace? Wut?


riperino in pepperoni




RIP in prince sweet prince.