A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Beardy
I am the Law!

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Beardy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:16 am

Spending this morning updating my CV and writing a cover letter to apply for another job at work that I'm not sure I even want. Wondering whether I'm just wasting a few hours of my life that I could be using for sleeping.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:57 pm

houston4044 wrote:Reminds me of that woman in America who filmed herself getting naked to reading 50shades of grey in her university library. Apparently shes facing a year in jail, thrown a year of her life away over a stupid stunt

That punishment sounds insane to me. Literally no one was harmed, and from what I read she didn't "get naked" either, just flashed briefly, a year in jail is a fucking joke. Some community service and a fine or something, not a year in jail and a proper criminal record for a bit of messing about.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Turbo wrote:I see so much of this doing what I do. I can say it ruins my day every time. Particularly with the knowledge that some people aim for them in their car. Scum.

I dunno if it was a car, my suspicions are more fox than anything. Anyway, my colleague who sits next to me at work said he'd been tasked with looking after his housemates' (also black & white) cat and he lives on the same road I found the dead cat. He was bricking it as the night before he'd kicked the cat out for being a nuisance and bringing him dead mice and whatnot and leaving them in the bath. Luckily when he ran home their cat was still inside, asleep. He'd never have lived with himself if it was the same cat.

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:45 pm

Absolutely pooped. Ready for bed already, I'm IN bed already!

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:06 pm

Danroush wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Reminds me of that woman in America who filmed herself getting naked to reading 50shades of grey in her university library. Apparently shes facing a year in jail, thrown a year of her life away over a stupid stunt

That punishment sounds insane to me. Literally no one was harmed, and from what I read she didn't "get naked" either, just flashed briefly, a year in jail is a fucking joke. Some community service and a fine or something, not a year in jail and a proper criminal record for a bit of messing about.

Americans.

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Danroush wrote:

Surely it would be a case of public indecency (which is what, a minor offense at the discretion of a judge) so hardly a cause for jail. I agree with you though, she should just offer some kind of service back to that uni and/ face a ban from there.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:56 pm

I thought uni libraries weren't public buildings? Surely this is a civil matter?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Just noticed that the alleged Silk Road founder was found guilty. The Ebay for hard drugs was always going to inevitably attract attention from the FBI and I'm still genuinely gobsmacked at some of the mistakes he apparently made..

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/03/five-stupid-things-dread-pirate-roberts-did-to-get-arrested
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:40 pm

Russians aren't right in the head.

Part 1
Part 2
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:44 am

siliconfury wrote:I thought uni libraries weren't public buildings? Surely this is a civil matter?

I'm not a lawyer (let alone one who know American law but) but wouldn't two factors in this be:

-Isn't the land designated as having public access?

-Does it matter if the crime took place on private land if it was easily visible to the public?
(for example if people could see into a window and easily see it)

So maybe it's a public matter...on private land...

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am

It all comes down to how the library is designated. Most I've been to at universities are restricted access to students and authorized guests, so not public access.

If she flashed on cam then how is it different to flashing on cam on other private property?

Unless, of course, that particular library is open to the community for whatever reason, then they've grounds for flashing in a public place. Which in the UK puts you on some register, btw :P
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:31 pm

I'd point out we're dealing with Americans and nudity, in which case all rational thought goes out of the window.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:59 pm

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:18 am

Jobdone wrote:WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN

You end up on a register if you do that don't you? :P

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:56 am

Don't know if it makes me laugh or pissed off, so I'll just post it here.

Had another appointment for my knee this morning. Was told it'd be an MRI, it wasn't, it was another appointment with a consultant and a third different diagnosis.

First doctor - possible infection in the joint.
Second doctor - 99% sure it's torn cartilage and possible torn ligaments.
Third doctor - I'm too flexible and I'm flat footed.

:lol:

The doctor I saw today is still going to send me for an MRI, but that'll be months away, yet again.