A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 am

Who?

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Figuring out whether to delete or just block annoying people on Facebook. I can't bring myself to block them because they're morbidly fascinating and it's kinda fun to observe what the Facebook hivemind is blabbering about currently, but there's that satisfying "be gone!" feel to getting shut of someone proper rather than having to hold one's tongue while they spout bullshit.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:17 am

There's a few people I'm considering blocking till about a month after the labour elections finish cos literally all I'm getting is 5 paragraph long defences of Corbyn. They're usually entertaining but it's gotten boring.

I wouldn't say delete them though. I deleted a few train wrecks a while back and I miss following their drama and insane shit.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Bloodstock Organisers Live on Facebook right now btw guys
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:47 pm

Jobdone has finally realised it's no longer Christmas. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:20 pm

It's always christmas in my heart

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Jobdone wrote:There's a few people I'm considering blocking till about a month after the labour elections finish cos literally all I'm getting is 5 paragraph long defences of Corbyn. They're usually entertaining but it's gotten boring.

I wouldn't say delete them though. I deleted a few train wrecks a while back and I miss following their drama and insane shit.

I've never gotten the idea behind deleting people with different politics. They can get annoying sometimes but it's good to have people with different opinions in your network. Though I do find it funny when other people delete me for that reason. A (possibly ex-) forummer deleted me last night for having a differing opinion on Black Lives Matter :lol:
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:
Jobdone wrote:There's a few people I'm considering blocking till about a month after the labour elections finish cos literally all I'm getting is 5 paragraph long defences of Corbyn. They're usually entertaining but it's gotten boring.

I've never gotten the idea behind deleting people with different politics. They can get annoying sometimes but it's good to have people with different opinions in your network. Though I do find it funny when other people delete me for that reason. A (possibly ex-) forummer deleted me last night for having a differing opinion on Black Lives Matter :lol:

Yeah it kinda turns your feed into an echo chamber full of confirmation bias.

Bit like tumblr really...
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:I've never gotten the idea behind deleting people with different politics. They can get annoying sometimes but it's good to have people with different opinions in your network.

100% agreed. I *like* having opposing views presented to me.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:38 pm

Absolutely, it's good to obviously appreciate different perspectives or at least keep your mental knife sharpened. However, some people choose to be persistently unpleasant, passive-aggressive, hair-trigger and what have you; it's the barrage of negativity rather than having different views.

Sadly a lot of those same people can be pretty astute for all their faults (including someone who tweets an average of twice an hour) and on occasion have something pretty valid to say, and/or are friends you're likely to bump into.

There's also that bitter guy who's all 3woke5you and seems to offer nothing in the way of positive alternatives for us sheeple.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:07 pm

It's one of the reasons why I don't do Facebook. I have enough people I know coming out with political crap when I'm having a quiet drink in the boozer. I prefer to shoot down all their nonsense face to face. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:34 am

And todays story of fuckwits getting eaten by animals.

If easily upset don't watch. Nothing graphic though.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/24/moment-wo ... a-6025585/

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:21 pm

and claimed his final catch was a Lapras found "round the back of Primark".

I can think of better things to be doing "round the back of Primark" and you usually catch something. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-36912572

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Is it me or do political YouTube videos with "Banned video" smack of "this video wasn't ever banned but we'll say it is so people can feel edgy watching it"?

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:42 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
and claimed his final catch was a Lapras found "round the back of Primark".

I can think of better things to be doing "round the back of Primark" and you usually catch something. :lol:

(link)

omg how many ultra balls does it take to catch a zubat? :ugh: