A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:29 pm

Jim wrote:Link?

Some one screenshotted it in the comments bit of Pist's post to the page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10153222904926925&set=p.10153222904926925&type=1&theater
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:29 pm

And these guys are now being quickly blackballed by basically al of Manchester's rock scene at this point.

It's as if they where adults, where expected to know better, and are now paying the price for not remembering what their parents taught them growing up.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Just hope her family don't read that bile.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:37 pm

He's been sacked from his band apparently.

It's a massively dickhead comment and I kinda feel sorry for his bandmates. Mud sticks unfortunately; just look at Winterfylleth and the whole racism thing.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Reading through that shitstorm was entertaining. Grim comments that started it though, there's really no need.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:30 pm

tranmerefan wrote:He's been sacked from his band apparently.

It's a massively dickhead comment and I kinda feel sorry for his bandmates. Mud sticks unfortunately; just look at Winterfylleth and the whole racism thing.

What was his band?
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:39 pm

It's in the ultimate shit taste. That said, Tet's status on the matter was on the money.

Also, whilst it's obviously not as legitimate a concern as someone mocking a girl who was killed on account of her appearance, the shitstorm really brought the "metal family" types out of the woodwork.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Smerphy wrote:

What was his band?

Gods of War and I've been told that they've disbanded because of it.

The witchhunt went a little too far with the guilt by association IMO. He was sacked less than 24 hours later, what more could they do?

As a side note I find it amusing that someone calling themselves Vikenres in their facebook name is leading the witchhunt. The murder of Euronymous will have been no less painful to his family than the murder of Sophie Lancaster will have been to her's.

Unless it's her surname obviously...
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:02 am

A pretty stupid and immature thing to put on facebook, but then again, that's all it was.
People, even professional comedians make distateful jokes about the deceased on a fairly regular basis for a laugh, because it's provocative, risque, whatever, just what these guys were doing here.
Poor taste, but I don't quite understand why it's been blown up to quite staggering proportions such as this.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:14 pm

I come back from me holidays to this shit storm. :lol:

I think timing is the key, it was the anniversary after all. Also the fact that it seems that it was persistant comments rather than just a throw away remark.

Gods Of War splitting up isn't exactly a loss. The epitome of a shit band. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:35 pm

NeglectedField wrote:It's in the ultimate shit taste. That said, Tet's status on the matter was on the money.

For anyone interested that doesn't normally read my mindless drivel on Facebook, it's here.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:53 pm

tranmerefan wrote:
Smerphy wrote:

What was his band?

Gods of War and I've been told that they've disbanded because of it.

The witchhunt went a little too far with the guilt by association IMO. He was sacked less than 24 hours later, what more could they do?

As a side note I find it amusing that someone calling themselves Vikenres in their facebook name is leading the witchhunt. The murder of Euronymous will have been no less painful to his family than the murder of Sophie Lancaster will have been to her's.

Unless it's her surname obviously...

I feel sorry for the innocent parties. Yes people are judged by the company they keep. But, I can't help but think the whole thing went too far. Im glad people were held to account for what they said. People should've taken a breath and callmed down. As it is innocent people have lost their jobs and band just because of a handful of idiots talking crap. Apparently Naplam records are no more as a result of it. It's easy to get caught up in this sort of thing. I saw there is a petition to change the hate laws crimes. This IMO is just wrong. I hate the labelling of people. That just makes this sort of thing easyer to happen. Hopefully it'll all calm down soon and we can enjoy some good music at these Sophie gigs
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:26 pm

Napalm promotions (I think?), not Napalm Records!

one rode to asa bay
Denim Demon

Postby one rode to asa bay » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Looking to get a new laptop, can anyone here explain processors to me? like, what's considered good/bad/necessary? Looking on the PC world site and it's largely intel-"something". I don't play games or do anything particularly taxing on computers afaik so I don't want anything extravagant but at the same time I want something good, etc.

Also what exactly goes on with SSHDs? Are they just faster than HDs without being as fast SSDs, or?

Sorry, I know shit-all about computers ahaaa.
UtopianBlaster7 wrote:theres always so much shite plays these sorts of fest "ribbet ribbet vaginal death ribbet ribbet gore"

Andy Hall wrote:yeah but she likes arseholes, literally

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:13 pm

SSHDs are HDDs with a small SSD built in (kinda) - the hard drive internally uses that small area of solid state storage as a a cache, so frequently used programs restart a lot faster, etc.

I've recently installed an SSD as my main hard disk and it's quick as shit now.

A decent spec, if you're not too hardcore about gaming or whatever, would be at least 8GB of RAM, an Intel i5, and at least 500GB of hard disk space. My SSD is only 250GB, but given the speed of installing and uninstalling things I can manage with that.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire V7, 12GB of RAM, Intel i7, Geforce 720M graphics chip, and a touch screen display. It was about £900 around 15 months ago when I bought it, so a similar spec would be a fair bit cheaper now I think.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?