A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
thehairyone
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby thehairyone » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Just need to do a head clear rant, not looking for feedback or anything.

I've never been good at making friends. I've always tried to be a decent person, but it's only in the last five years or so that I've had what I would call a social circle - and it's mostly down to you lovely lot.
Unfortunately this has lead to a terrifying fear of losing friends, to the point where I will go out of my way as much as possible to avoid upset. This naturally leads to the point where I can't get what I want to say across, or do what I might need to, or even just grab an opportunity because I'm just too damn afraid, it all adds up and it just ends up making a lot of things worse in the long run. It's a bit like missing a vital skill - I can't give decent criticism, it leads to selfishness. 25 years of having to tiptoe makes the thought of upsetting someone cause whatever I want to say or do to completely disappear and not be able to say what needs to be done at that point.
I hate my mind sometimes.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:40 am

I'm sort of the same, except I haven't learnt anywhere near the same level of tact you have. *speaks first, regret almost immediately*
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Turbo wrote:Our names used to be red on the index screen right? Cant take this change it back. First Bloodstock is saving money on bands now forum colours. Makes me sick.

Guys guys. Forum index > The Bloodstock Team (next to global moderators and whatever Beardy is). Absolutely mad silly.

Stop fucking complaining ya Brummie twat :P

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Im not its back to normal now. Panic over. Alls good in Turboland.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Clearing out some awful music out of my ipod over the last week or so. Some truly dreadful music I have accumulated over the years. Love to say I could go back to about 7000 songs but I don't think I can go that far, but if I shed a couple of thousand tracks ill be happy.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:18 pm

Going a bit stir crazy. Been inside for 2 days because it's too fucking cold outside.

Yeah, no, I'm not in England. You dudes and dudettes have it good right now.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:06 am

Really? It's done nothing but piss down for the last four months. Half the country has been flooded. I don't think I've had more than half a dozen days that I've not got soaked when going out. Not much snow about but we've all been busy in our boats. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Combination of a stinking cold and that first day at the new job feeling has really knackered me out. I've been made to feel welcome but it's difficult to tell how hard or easy it's gonna be. Did get taken out for pizza at the Italian across the road though. Then there's paintball next Friday. There are worse places to be.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:24 pm

thehairyone wrote:Just need to do a head clear rant, not looking for feedback or anything.

I've never been good at making friends. I've always tried to be a decent person, but it's only in the last five years or so that I've had what I would call a social circle - and it's mostly down to you lovely lot.
Unfortunately this has lead to a terrifying fear of losing friends, to the point where I will go out of my way as much as possible to avoid upset. This naturally leads to the point where I can't get what I want to say across, or do what I might need to, or even just grab an opportunity because I'm just too damn afraid, it all adds up and it just ends up making a lot of things worse in the long run. It's a bit like missing a vital skill - I can't give decent criticism, it leads to selfishness. 25 years of having to tiptoe makes the thought of upsetting someone cause whatever I want to say or do to completely disappear and not be able to say what needs to be done at that point.
I hate my mind sometimes.

Not meaning to feed back or whatever but I've always been pretty much like this too. I don't think I'm too afraid of losing friends as I've not relied on having them for a long time, it's more just assuming people won't like me so being too scared to properly try and then keeping any I manage to acquire at a distance where we don't have to do any of that emotional stuff. (Baww.)

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Anyone else catch the latest metal drama? Caïna got banned from a German festival because they covered 2 Death in June songs. They aren't happy.

Not quite as silly as when somewhere tried to ban Moonsorrow because their logo uses an S rune.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:32 am

edit- ignore

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:48 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:Anyone else catch the latest metal drama? Caïna got banned from a German festival because they covered 2 Death in June songs. They aren't happy.

Not quite as silly as when somewhere tried to ban Moonsorrow because their logo uses an S rune.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:40 pm

Time to start culling SJWs from Metal methinks. Going to spend all my spare time this festival season patrolling the campsite, pinning down and drawing swastikas all over anyone I hear talking about "non-binary Death Metal" or any fucking nonsense like that.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:55 pm

:lol:

To be honest, metal as a whole has been occupied by most parts of the political spectrum for decades (see Napalm Death etc) and that was never a problem, it's just you've got that type of noisy megaphone student union rep type that everyone quietly hated at uni, mincing into every fucking environ they can and pontificating about such and such being problematic as if they run the show. But then again, mixed results because again, nobody can stand them. They should try some former Soviet states, see how far they get.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:35 am

Just noticed today would have been Deadwing's birthday. It feels quite... odd to still see his user name pop up once a year.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.