A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
thehairyone
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby thehairyone » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Last time for me was either when I had the blood test at work, or when I had my injections to go to India with. Not sure which way around, but either way, I passed out for both of them :lol:

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Last time I had injections it was at the dentist, 4 in total. T'was good fun!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Yeah, I'm not so keen on injections, I find them putting stuff in you (oh ho!) to be a lot more painful than taking them out. Though I had a flu jab last winter and it wasn't as bad as I remember injections being. Maybe my pain threshold is just going up with age.

Also, I've handed my pee over to two separate people today. It was odd.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 pm

I have to inject myself daily (been doing it since 06) it's not much fun,and the bruising can be a bit of a bugger.
You should try being dead...

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:21 pm

I don't mind having blood tests done, nor the shots we were given at school. What I don't like is watching my sister having her tests done, it always makes me feel so dizzy ;_; She finds it so amusing as well, so she always asks me to tag along for them.

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:27 pm

After living in Aberdeen for 16 months, I've finally registered at a dental practice ... That doesn't open for another two and ahalf months.

Better late than never, eh?

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:36 pm

gandalf the red wrote:I'm not too bad with needles, but I hate it when they do the finger prick bloodtest thing (if they still do it).

Fucking hell that reminded me! First day in Kingdom and we go for our medicals, we shit into a little cup where the lid had a built in little spade, pissed into a jar and the nurse went all stabby stabby on our finger to get a blood sample. Fuck me she had a grip like a fucking gorilla, which is the point I knew something wasn't quite right.

Before leaving England I had my medical and vaccinations in the morning before the orientation briefing which was followed by some blood being drawn and X-rays which I think we're looking for some sort of illness. Anyway, we walk into the med centre in the afternoon, a group of us who had really only just met, and the nurses come over taking the piss, wheeling over the bed and making me lie down and telling me it will all be alright and I have nothing to worry about, fussing over me and making sure everyone else saw and had a good laugh out of it as they knew I ain't bothered about injections. My mate Graeme on the other hand, who was laughing the most, really did have to lie down as he was "feeling a bit queasy" as soon as he saw the needle.

Yeah I never got the fuss over the needles. Always made a point of watching when blood is taken and the like. My mate Gaz goes deathly pale at the sight of a needle going in though. We're all wired differently I guess.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:18 pm

I give blood every 8 weeks, never bothered me one bit. My mate on the other hand claimed she needed a lie down and a biscuit because they took 2 vials! And how I should give her attention.

I didn't.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:25 pm

tranmerefan wrote:I give blood every 8 weeks, never bothered me one bit. My mate on the other hand claimed she needed a lie down and a biscuit because they took 2 vials! And how I should give her attention.

I didn't.

Every eight weeks?! Is that allowed? I thought it was every three months you were allowed to give?

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:28 pm

peypea wrote:
tranmerefan wrote:I give blood every 8 weeks, never bothered me one bit. My mate on the other hand claimed she needed a lie down and a biscuit because they took 2 vials! And how I should give her attention.

I didn't.

Every eight weeks?! Is that allowed? I thought it was every three months you were allowed to give?

Sorry! Meant to say have a blood test every 8 weeks! :lol: :lol: I'm not actually allowed to give blood because I've had a blood transfusion.

My mistake was down the Olympics. You lot will have to get used to it. :lol:
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Ohh, right! That makes more sense. I got really confused at first. :P Should have realised due to the conversation :lol:

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:51 pm

peypea wrote:

I didn't.

3 months for guys, 4 for girls, (no official reason given but I'm guessing it's due to size differences mainly)

Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Jenny said she's always giving blood, atleast once a month....

:eyes:
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Kami wrote:Jenny said she's always giving blood, atleast once a month....

:eyes:

:lol:

Danroush wrote:
peypea wrote:

I didn't.

3 months for guys, 4 for girls, (no official reason given but I'm guessing it's due to size differences mainly)

When I've given blood I've been told I can give again in three months, and I'm only just big enough\heavy enough to give blood.