A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 pm

I was checking how I stood overall on the members list when sorted by post count. I just noticed how close he was and how long he hadn't used that account, so I found the counts for his other two and added them up. Came out at 20,012 assuming I can do basic maths.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 pm

We have decided. Lis' special attack is shanking, and mine is fire. Glorious fire.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:40 pm

If I had the equipment, I'd record an entire album. Guitars would be palm muted chugs on one downtuned open power chord, no breaks, no solos. The lyrics would be a short children's book, 1 chapter per song, one syllable per guitar chug. Drums would be blast beats throughout each track, no breaks. It would be grindcore. Tracks would end on the last word per chapter which would be easy as there would be no time signature. No gigs would be accepted. Albums would cost £2.66 available on download only. I might draw a smiley face as a band logo.

I have not thought of a band name yet. Suggestions welcome, and I'd give credit in the notepad supplement that would come with the download .rar.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm

jackcake wrote:Also I think having a second job bumps up your car insurance.

Not totally sure if it would in my case, as I don't drive to work at the moment, yet with my current plan, I'm covered for work-based journeys. So I'd imagine I'd be fine.
Though that reminds me of some stupid faff we had with my last insurer - we didn't find out until I went to renew that I wasn't actually covered for driving to work. However, if I were to drive to the pub I work at for a drink with friends (using the same car park, and most likely even the same space), I'd be covered. It's all a bit silly really, though I suppose people not noticing things like that is how they make their money - if you didn't notice and had an accident, they wouldn't have to pay jack shit.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Noodle wrote:If I had the equipment, I'd record an entire album. Guitars would be palm muted chugs on one downtuned open power chord, no breaks, no solos. The lyrics would be a short children's book, 1 chapter per song, one syllable per guitar chug. Drums would be blast beats throughout each track, no breaks. It would be grindcore. Tracks would end on the last word per chapter which would be easy as there would be no time signature. No gigs would be accepted. Albums would cost £2.66 available on download only. I might draw a smiley face as a band logo.

I have not thought of a band name yet. Suggestions welcome, and I'd give credit in the notepad supplement that would come with the download .rar.

I think the doom metal version of "Cuckoo's nest" was a better idea.
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm actually serious about the doom metal project. I just need motivation to actually try it.
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:45 am

Do you want a uke player? Mine sounds lovely plugged in with overdrive.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:22 am

Which project would you like to be on?

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:39 am

Can I be producer? I have all the equipment to record this.

Also I can be the Andy Warhol to your Lou Reed and we'll make a masterpiece.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 am

I would be delighted for you to take role of producer. I may even ask you to take on bass duties.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Noodle wrote:Which project would you like to be on?

All of the things. Except anything involving Formby or Starland Vocal Band.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Next time we're near Moseley, we'll have to stop by to see what a doom uke is capable of.

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Noodle wrote:Next time we're near Moseley, we'll have to stop by to see what a doom uke is capable of.

When you have found out, you MUST post a sample of it on line. Doom Uke sounds .....(other than like the end of the world...or is that Doom Nuke) Epic
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:48 am

I've played Funeralopolis on it, so there you go.

Last.fm

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Hey gang, I'd be very grateful if as many people as possible could fill out this awesome and very short survey on video game audio for my dissertation:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/M62SQ2W

I know you're probably fed up of these, but it's much appreciated.