A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:13 pm

The quote 'In Love, One and One are One' is attributed to Jean-Paul Sartre, but does anyone know where it comes from? Was it a lecture, or in a novel / essay, or just simply something he was heard to have said? I can't find much info on it at all.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Trying to be clever about fitting everything into my rucksack.

What are y'all bringing booze wise? Looks like I might have to stick to the spirits but bring more than just my Buckie.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:04 pm

I'm bringing a case of kopparberg (because Swe), a bottle of Turkish Pepper vodka, and a bottle of smirnoff to mix with my Sprite.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:09 pm

I think sorting out any cases or crates of anything would involve favours from friends, definitely some logistical faffery at this stage, I think.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:34 am

In the past few years, my polypins have been able to fit in my rucksack (learning that putting it towards the top actually makes it easier to manage). This year will be a mid-sized polypin of Castle Rock's Black Gold, a very fine dark mild. This year's forum meet spirit will be vodka infused with lime and blackcurrant midget gems. This will bw offered round as per usual.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:51 pm

I think I would have to sacrifice my airbed or at least my pump if I'm to fit any more booze in. Gotta be someone else who has a footpump with them...

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:41 pm

12 assorted cans of ale and a carton of cider. Should get me going before the bars open up.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:43 pm

I was thinking the drive up. :lol:

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:17 pm

Can't get long enough straws for when I'm driving :P

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Girlfriend brought back a bottle of 'crappy' Danish mead for me because it was lying around the house.

Holy shit, mead is actually good. All the stuff I've had in the UK is vinegar-y pish. This is like honeyed cider.

Purple n Batty
Consort of the Beast

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:37 pm

The said polypin Noodle mentioned, some remains of other stuff from my booze cupboard such as sour apple Cactas Jack, our home made mead, whatever is in my hip flask.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:52 am

Womble wrote:Girlfriend brought back a bottle of 'crappy' Danish mead for me because it was lying around the house.

Holy shit, mead is actually good. All the stuff I've had in the UK is vinegar-y pish. This is like honeyed cider.

There seems a lot of variation it taste and percentage.

I was at a pub in bolton who do mead, and they have 5 to choose from and will give you five shots for the price of a single measure so you can work out which you like the taste of most.

But all were different to the super market stuff I was used to. But the meads I've had have ranged from around 14% - 20% and varied massively in flavour. But I don't think I've had one that I haven't enjoyed yet.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:47 am

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Womble wrote:Girlfriend brought back a bottle of 'crappy' Danish mead for me because it was lying around the house.

I was at a pub in bolton who do mead, and they have 5 to choose from and will give you five shots for the price of a single measure so you can work out which you like the taste of most.

But all were different to the super market stuff I was used to. But the meads I've had have ranged from around 14% - 20% and varied massively in flavour. But I don't think I've had one that I haven't enjoyed yet.

Moniack mead is the best you can get over here I've found.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:37 am

It is? I got local stuff from Lyme Regis and it was lovely.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Bisset wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:

Moniack mead is the best you can get over here I've found.

I've had a couple of bottles of that in the past, and it's probably been my favourite.

Though recently I had an Irish one at just over 19% which tasted completely different, but still really nice, a bit less sweet I think.