A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Smindas
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Smindas » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:29 pm

<3 Abbey Tavern. One of my fave summer pubs, just because of the upstairs deck area outside. Lovely.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:36 pm

excellent, thanks :yes: last year our bus broke down so we were quite late getting there and as unlikely as it is i'd rather not turn up at 6pm again and then need to collect a ticket as well

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Looks like the YES vote will be about 40%. The subject deserves its own thread really, and a poll.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:23 am

Metalchemyst wrote:Looks like the YES vote will be about 40%. The subject deserves its own thread really, and a poll.

Aye alright.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Finding myself playing guitar on my steering wheel driving to and from work every day. Think I want to be a guitar bore and start actually learning. Gave up when I couldn't get the hang of it when I was 10. Think it was the fact it wasn't a left-handed one..
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

andy_m
Lowly Peon

Postby andy_m » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi,

andy here...

I'm trying to get my post count up so I can post a new topic of my own. Not allowed to yet. Something to do with tinned pork or something.

Anyway, I was led to this post from the books topic as a way of introducing myself.

I'll be brief, cos it's past my bed time.

Name is, erm... andy (lower case a, cos I'm not that important).

I happen to like music, very much. I suppose that helps if you frequent somewhere like this. Even more important is I have developed a taste for metal. I was into Sabbath back in the late seventies and had the taste back then, but I gave up on the genre when peeps started wearing bandanna's around their knees, and deliberately cut up jeans.

Also like prog, I'm afraid.

Right, gotta go... be back later :D

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:24 am

Fjar wrote:Finding myself playing guitar on my steering wheel driving to and from work every day. Think I want to be a guitar bore and start actually learning. Gave up when I couldn't get the hang of it when I was 10. Think it was the fact it wasn't a left-handed one..

Would you like to borrow one of my Lefties for a while to see if you get on with it? I don't play any of them any more so it's unlikely I'll miss it in the near future.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:44 am

andy_m wrote:I'm trying to get my post count up so I can post a new topic of my own. Not allowed to yet. Something to do with tinned pork or something.

That was the sole purpose of the Alestorm forums on Ultimatemetal, years ago.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:52 am

siliconfury wrote:
andy_m wrote:I'm trying to get my post count up so I can post a new topic of my own. Not allowed to yet. Something to do with tinned pork or something.

That was the sole purpose of the Alestorm forums on Ultimatemetal, years ago.

Those were the days!

Actually not this forum beats it hands down.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:55 pm

This ^

Bad memories outweigh the good ones on the other.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Kimberly Goss posted a few times in the Sinergy forum at UM.
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:Kimberly Goss posted a few times in the Sinergy forum at UM.

Go on.

Please be that she's declaring never to make anything musically orientated again. PLEASE. We got rid of Norther, now fuck this turd cake off.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:32 pm

Noodle wrote:
Fjar wrote:Finding myself playing guitar on my steering wheel driving to and from work every day. Think I want to be a guitar bore and start actually learning. Gave up when I couldn't get the hang of it when I was 10. Think it was the fact it wasn't a left-handed one..

Would you like to borrow one of my Lefties for a while to see if you get on with it? I don't play any of them any more so it's unlikely I'll miss it in the near future.

I've gone off the idea now :lol: If I get back on it, I'll let you know! Thanks for the offer.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Fjar wrote:
Noodle wrote:

I've gone off the idea now :lol: If I get back on it, I'll let you know! Thanks for the offer.

In terms of playing a normal guitar whilst being a lefty, I'd say it is worth a shot. I'm incredibly left handed, and whilst it means the finger picking and strumming end are slightly harder, fretting is usually the more technically difficult part anyway so having your main hand do that can be really helpful imo.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1