A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Fjar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:42 pm

You do, kinda. But not if you look too hard - it's one of those fleeting resemblances.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 am

Womble wrote:Some random person said I look a bit like Caleb Followill. I kiiiiinda see it in some pictures, similar-ish around the brow area...

Could be worse. My housemate thinks I look like a non-ginger Simon Pegg.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:20 am

thehairyone wrote:Hey... guys... Noodle's away for a couple of weeks. How long before we break Beardy?

Only lasted a week as it turns out. For completely different reasons, my tether's probably going to be as short as Beardy's. Fucking hell I'm tired.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Wasn't quite sure where to post this so just going to stick it in here.

On Friday it'll be a year since a local skater was stabbed and killed, he was well known and very popular within the Belfast skate scene and outside that too. Over the past year there have been a few events in his memory, such as skate comps etc.

On Sunday as a memorial to him all (well, a lot) of Belfast skaters are all meeting up at St Annes (Used to be a massive skate spot till it got knocked down) and just skating through Belfast in a huge group. I know to some it may sound like a bit of an anti-social thing to do that'll annoy people, but I thought it was quite a nice way to remember Dee.. Shame I'll miss it though as I'll be in work :/

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Help people!
If I had 2 jobs up until November 2012, then quit one, yet remained on the same tax code on the remaining job up until now, I am getting taxed too much on the job I have left right? And I could get some of it back?
Never told them I'd left my other job and been looking through my payslips and been getting taxed up to £100 on some months despite earning on average about 600-700 each month.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:02 pm

Kylan_Paassa wrote:Help people!
If I had 2 jobs up until November 2012, then quit one, yet remained on the same tax code on the remaining job up until now, I am getting taxed too much on the job I have left right? And I could get some of it back?
Never told them I'd left my other job and been looking through my payslips and been getting taxed up to £100 on some months despite earning on average about 600-700 each month.

ring up the tax office, i did that yesterday, they'll let you know, I'd do it soon though as the tax year is coming to an end soon, april i think? But yeah you're probably getting taxed too much, that does sound a bit high

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Try for a tax refund if you are being over-taxed as well. Nothing beats say, getting a cheque for over £500.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Gather every single payslip you have for this past year. In April, ask for your P60 from your last job, and together with your P60 from your current job will show you earnings and tax paid for both jobs for the past year, and will instantly show up if you've overpaid tax (which you probably have). When you ring the tax office they'll ask for these.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 am

Well, the household I just visit were polite but I knew from the outset it wasn't right. Seems what Bristol lacks in 'dodgy' people it seems to make up for people in the hippie spectrum. Sometimes it feels like it's the British equivalent of San Francisco. Think I'm gonna struggle to find somewhere with the right vibe.

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 am

siliconfury wrote:

Gather every single payslip you have for this past year. In April, ask for your P60 from your last job, and together with your P60 from your current job will show you earnings and tax paid for both jobs for the past year, and will instantly show up if you've overpaid tax (which you probably have). When you ring the tax office they'll ask for these.

ah fook, getting ANYTHING from the managers from the previous job is a total nightmare, I knew people working there for nearly 2 year that had repeatedly asked for but never received even payslips!
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 am

Don't ask the managers, ask payroll.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:38 am

Ad in my Facebook sidebar. This is a thing?

Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:35 pm

The son of the laywer I did my internship for in Minnesota had his tongue lengthened.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:56 am

I'm getting blisters on my hands from practicing pull ups. I'm thinking by next week I should be on a similar level to this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJk69zP0No

..Maybe.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:I'm getting blisters on my hands from practicing pull ups. I'm thinking by next week I should be on a similar level to this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJk69zP0No

..Maybe.

Cheap pair of leather fingerless gloves like these perhaps? Mine cost £6
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1