A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
V-Man
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby V-Man » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 pm

VirginInvader wrote:=
Or here's a thought, be sociable and watch TV with them? :P


Depends what's on. If it's like Snog, Marry, Avoid or something I aint gonna be paying attention.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

User avatar
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon
Posts: 18671
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Leigh
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:17 pm

VirginInvader wrote:Wow, I've been getting a fair bit of stick for that this week haha :lol:

Sorry bud, but you seem like youd be up for a bit of banter without taking personally.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

User avatar
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon
Posts: 7717
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 pm
Location: Brizzle

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby keera_envenomed » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:38 pm

V-Man wrote:
VirginInvader wrote:=
Or here's a thought, be sociable and watch TV with them? :P


Depends what's on. If it's like Snog, Marry, Avoid or something I aint gonna be paying attention.


But you should! Its so very funny apart from the new presenter is really annoying.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

User avatar
VirginInvader
Denim Demon
Posts: 8467
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: London

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby VirginInvader » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:09 am

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
VirginInvader wrote:Wow, I've been getting a fair bit of stick for that this week haha :lol:

Sorry bud, but you seem like youd be up for a bit of banter without taking personally.

Yeah I am, don't worry about it :lol:
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

User avatar
jamestomo
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:23 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby jamestomo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 am

Argh, can't decide what to do.... I've got the time off work that I booked ages ago.. but I'd decided against going to BOA because of lack of money and the line up not being that great (imo). But looking at my bank balance I probably could afford it.... Bollocks don't know what to do

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Fjar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:13 am

jamestomo wrote:Argh, can't decide what to do.... I've got the time off work that I booked ages ago.. but I'd decided against going to BOA because of lack of money and the line up not being that great (imo). But looking at my bank balance I probably could afford it.... Bollocks don't know what to do


Man up and come to BOA. :yes:

Even if just for the meet-up on Thursday night. :lol:
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon
Posts: 4265
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:20 pm
Location: Horsham/Southampton

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:20 am

Yeah, just do it. Even if you don't like all the bands you'll still have a great time.
The last 2 times I've been, there's been a friend coming who isn't really into metal much but they still enjoyed it.
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

User avatar
jamestomo
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:23 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby jamestomo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:26 am

:lol: well I'm gonna make a decision by the end of the night, do you guys know if theres an IRC camp again this year with Owen, Will, Hannah, Dan, Ania etc?

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby peypea » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:49 am

I've never camped IRC :P I'm not going but from what I know there is one.
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
jamestomo
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:23 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby jamestomo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:01 am

Well you were chilling with us all alot last year haha :P.
Yeah just found it on facefuck, fuck I'm well tempted :lol:

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby peypea » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:18 am

keera_envenomed wrote:
V-Man wrote:
VirginInvader wrote:=
Or here's a thought, be sociable and watch TV with them? :P


Depends what's on. If it's like Snog, Marry, Avoid or something I aint gonna be paying attention.


But you should! Its so very funny apart from the new presenter is really annoying.


Yess! It's hilarious! And I agree, the new presenter is awful.

jamestomo wrote:Well you were chilling with us all alot last year haha :P.
Yeah just found it on facefuck, fuck I'm well tempted :lol:

Haha, yeah, I was! But I was camping VIP, and I was running around EVERYWHERE :P
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
jamestomo
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1564
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:23 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby jamestomo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:22 am

Ah classy :P and yeah you did seem to just pop up and vanish all the time haha

User avatar
Brendancoles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:37 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Brendancoles » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm finally getting round to checking out the unknown bands playing this year at bloodstock and have hit a snag with the band 'Warhorse' I can't seem to find their music anywhere, if they're the doom metal band i can find on youtube-fantastic but I get the distinct feeling they're not, anyone found any videos of them i can peruse?

User avatar
Brendancoles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:37 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Brendancoles » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:26 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
Brendancoles wrote:I'm finally getting round to checking out the unknown bands playing this year at bloodstock and have hit a snag with the band 'Warhorse' I can't seem to find their music anywhere, if they're the doom metal band i can find on youtube-fantastic but I get the distinct feeling they're not, anyone found any videos of them i can peruse?


The band playing BOA is this one, I don't know whether it's the same band as you've found though.

http://www.warhorsemetal.com/


See, I found the website but theres no way to listen to any of their stuff on it.

User avatar
Brendancoles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:37 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Brendancoles » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Cheers man