A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby skull-wart » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 pm

Seeing as the exams are modulated so that the grade boundries are on average with the scores then it should be alright anyway. But it does that the ratio of correct marks over incorrect go up exponentially rather than proportionally
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:51 pm

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/news/whats_new_dec12_free_bus_travel_for_unemployed_people_.htm
Free bus travel for unemployed peopleDate: 21 December 2012

If you are unemployed and looking for work, you'll be able to travel for free with certain bus companies during January 2013

The Job Centre say this is actually for 3 months and you will need to make an appointment with them to complete the forms and take in 2 passport photos. Only for those who have to attend the Job Centre to see an advisor such as those on JSA and not ESA/DLA.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Purple n Batty wrote:http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/news/whats_new_dec12_free_bus_travel_for_unemployed_people_.htm
Free bus travel for unemployed peopleDate: 21 December 2012

If you are unemployed and looking for work, you'll be able to travel for free with certain bus companies during January 2013

The Job Centre say this is actually for 3 months and you will need to make an appointment with them to complete the forms and take in 2 passport photos. Only for those who have to attend the Job Centre to see an advisor such as those on JSA and not ESA/DLA.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to ask about this tomorrow. I have a feeling the bus companies where I live don't do this though

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:38 pm

I seem to be slipping in and out of different types of mindsets. One moment I'm completely fine with the thought of moving over to the UK and getting a job in the near future, the next I'm shaking like a leaf at the thought of going to a job interview and setting up bank accounts etc. ffs brain, make your mind up already. STAY EXCITED. No worrying allowed.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:17 pm

I think I need to get a new job. Going back tomorrow and filled with dread and anxiety, which is just silly. Now if getting jobs was easy...

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Smindas wrote:I think I need to get a new job. Going back tomorrow and filled with dread and anxiety, which is just silly. Now if getting jobs was easy...

If u r filled with dread and anxiety by your job, then I is definitely time to start looking for a different one. Life is far too short o be made miserable by doing something that makes u feel like that
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 pm

I think part of it is me being a bit of a drama queen, but yeah, you're right. I've been applying for other stuff, but essentially I'd like to move in to another industry which is not particularly easy.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:12 pm

-3 when I get up for work tomorrow

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Nothing else matters by metallica in Major Scale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7FzLX0Ql8M

Really fucking weird!

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 pm

NeglectedField wrote:-3 when I get up for work tomorrow

-18 here this morning. Swap?

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 pm

fluffymoo wrote:
NeglectedField wrote:-3 when I get up for work tomorrow

-18 here this morning. Swap?

Yes but u r used to it up there...to middle England -3 feels like the end of life... :(

Oh and you have decent heating and winter tyres as well!
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Wish I had thought of this: http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/01 ... -to-china/

For those not wanting to click, bloke outsources his entire job to China for 1/5th of his pay. Then takes on several other jobs and does the same. Then gets caught and fired.

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Playing fetch with little cat. Throwing sweet wrappers to stop her chasing things on the computer screen, she runs after them, then brings them back to me.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

fitz
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby fitz » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:35 am

-18 fuvking hell! That must be cold, I was ready to complain earlier and it was 4 degrees according to my car thermojagig!
They say the pen is mightier than the sword... well, I say fuck the pen! Cause you're gonna die by the sword!

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 am

thehairyone wrote:Wish I had thought of this: http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/01 ... -to-china/

For those not wanting to click, bloke outsources his entire job to China for 1/5th of his pay. Then takes on several other jobs and does the same. Then gets caught and fired.

That man is my hero. What a guy.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014