A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:03 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 pm

fitz wrote:-18 fuvking hell! That must be cold, I was ready to complain earlier and it was 4 degrees according to my car thermojagig!


It's only 4 degrees in my kitchen, bathroom and hallway.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 pm

Purple n Batty wrote:
fitz wrote:-18 fuvking hell! That must be cold, I was ready to complain earlier and it was 4 degrees according to my car thermojagig!


It's only 4 degrees in my kitchen, bathroom and hallway.


The hell? How can indoors be so cold?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:03 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:59 pm

siliconfury wrote:
Purple n Batty wrote:
fitz wrote:-18 fuvking hell! That must be cold, I was ready to complain earlier and it was 4 degrees according to my car thermojagig!


It's only 4 degrees in my kitchen, bathroom and hallway.


The hell? How can indoors be so cold?

Inadequate heating. Even with leaving the heater on full in the kitchen with the door shut for 2 hours it only raised to 9 degrees. I saw a poster today saying a room should be 21 degrees - in my flat that's so not achievable. It doesn't help having damp along one stretch of wall which I'm waiting for the letting agent to deal with as access to neighboring property and scaffolding may be required. I've lived in colder places, the other year I was in a cottage in the Ouse Washes and had to smash the ice in the loo and being upstairs for more than 10 mins gave me a brainfreeze headache. I miss my narrowboat it was so toasty in the winter I could sit in my underwear with the door open.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Danroush » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:53 pm

I literally just leave my heater on these days. It's been on about 4 hours now just to reach around 20C, which isn't as bad as Nicki, but this is my bedroom, and it's probably got to fairly similarly low levels when I've left it off for a day or so.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10590
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Noodle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 am

It's times when I'm over at Nicki's that I think the duvet poncho would be an acceptable development.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Fjar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:03 am

Noodle wrote:duvet poncho


This is the greatest idea I've ever heard.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Danroush » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:09 pm

On the topic of cold rooms, I went to gym as normal, and had a shower after the workout. Came out wet and cold, the changing room was so cold I could literally see my breath :ugh:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
someone else
Denim Demon
Posts: 5961
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby someone else » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Snow was coming in through the skylight in our changing rooms. Still, it was -2 when I got there the other night and all the windows in the weights room were open.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

User avatar
Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:03 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Purple n Batty » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Noodle wrote:It's times when I'm over at Nicki's that I think the duvet poncho would be an acceptable development.

The multicoloured knitted blanket on my bed with patches on it is a poncho. I'll let you wear it whenever you're over. I'll also accept bribes from other forumers to post photographic evidence.

Hibernating in my bedroom tonight, heater been on for hours but still huddled in bed with a hot water bottle (and my tin of Quality Street) Don't suppose it helps feeling the cold more with an underactive thyroid. Considering getting a double electric blanket. In the meantime, I have custard and cornflake cake for later.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

User avatar
thehairyone
Denim Demon
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: The badger sett
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby thehairyone » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Purple n Batty wrote:
Noodle wrote:It's times when I'm over at Nicki's that I think the duvet poncho would be an acceptable development.

The multicoloured knitted blanket on my bed with patches on it is a poncho. I'll let you wear it whenever you're over. I'll also accept bribes from other forumers to post photographic evidence.


I'll buy you a pint at Bloodstock.
Image

Image
Image

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Fjar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:49 pm

thehairyone wrote:
Purple n Batty wrote:
Noodle wrote:It's times when I'm over at Nicki's that I think the duvet poncho would be an acceptable development.

The multicoloured knitted blanket on my bed with patches on it is a poncho. I'll let you wear it whenever you're over. I'll also accept bribes from other forumers to post photographic evidence.


I'll buy you a pint at Bloodstock.


I'll cat-sit for you whenever.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10590
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Noodle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Careful what you wish for, Fjar!
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Fjar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 am

I honestly would, I'm local, and I have a chronic lack of cats in my own life.. :P
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Noodle
I am the Law!
Posts: 10590
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Fort Lasagne

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Noodle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 pm

You'll be at work Friday afternoon, won't you?
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Fjar » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Yep, sorry.
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.