A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:03 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Purple n Batty » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Got back from work, there was a car front passenger wheel up on pavement, rest of the car diagonal outside the pharmacy I live above. Thought oh just typical Ilkeston locals then. BUT, a man then came out of the pharmacy on 2 crutches, one foot/ankle bandaged up, got in the driver side to drive off! WTF :o
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jobdone » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:10 pm

I'd watch the fuck outta all of these.

http://imgur.com/a/W4XKk
Image

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Moonburp » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Jobdone wrote:I'd watch the fuck outta all of these.

http://imgur.com/a/W4XKk

Time travel should be invented just so there can be Jean Luc Godard's Trainspotting and Fritz Lang's 2001 Space Odyssey.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon
Posts: 4237
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Danroush wrote:
TheLotusEater193 wrote:I'm getting blisters on my hands from practicing pull ups. I'm thinking by next week I should be on a similar level to this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJk69zP0No

..Maybe.


Cheap pair of leather fingerless gloves like these perhaps? Mine cost £6
Image

I've got some, still getting blisters though D:

User avatar
someone else
Denim Demon
Posts: 6013
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby someone else » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:08 pm

A largely forgotten Comic Releif single: Mr Bean, Bruce Dickinson (with Skin as backing band 'Smear Campaign') doing Elected:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXvACE5Pe9Q
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

User avatar
Womble
Denim Demon
Posts: 4563
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Aberdeen

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Womble » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:30 pm

someone else wrote:A largely forgotten Comic Releif single: Mr Bean, Bruce Dickinson (with Skin as backing band 'Smear Campaign') doing Elected:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXvACE5Pe9Q


I'd completely forgotten about this!

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Moonburp » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:39 pm

I forget about it until each Red Nose Day :D
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:44 am

Mum's just told me that an apparent wheat intolerance runs through our family, with lots of similar symptoms (bloating, inability/fear of being sick, irregular nasty shits - yeah my family can be quite frank :P ) and evidence of lack of wheat improving things.

The downside? No more fucking chocolate >.<
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby peypea » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:47 am

Chocolate has wheat in it?!
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:53 am

peypea wrote:Chocolate has wheat in it?!


Would probably have to examine ingredients list, but I'm guessing there's wheat based stuff as a stabiliser or emulsifier.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Fjar » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:55 am

Honestly, this benefits me too. If Jim's off wheat, it means we can cut out bread and beige carbs. I'm alright with this. :D
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Moonburp » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Fjar wrote:Honestly, this benefits me too. If Jim's off wheat, it means we can cut out bread and beige carbs. I'm alright with this. :D

Quinoa is your friend
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby peypea » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:05 pm

siliconfury wrote:
peypea wrote:Chocolate has wheat in it?!


Would probably have to examine ingredients list, but I'm guessing there's wheat based stuff as a stabiliser or emulsifier.


That makes me very very sad for you :(
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:07 pm

peypea wrote:
siliconfury wrote:
peypea wrote:Chocolate has wheat in it?!


Would probably have to examine ingredients list, but I'm guessing there's wheat based stuff as a stabiliser or emulsifier.


That makes me very very sad for you :(


Fjar looked up the Cadbury site, Dairy Milk is out but some of their other products are fine.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
peypea
Denim Demon
Posts: 7811
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 pm
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby peypea » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Yaaaay :D
Image
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.