A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby RedTeamWins » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:02 am

Out of curiosity, those people with unlimited text type contracts/whatever for their mobiles, how many messages do you send on average to any one person on your contacts list? Say, per week?

I'd go into more as to why this is in any way relevant to anything, but it's monumentally boring.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:28 am

I sent over 1900 texts on my last bill, which was also my first bill. I've sent 546 since the 25th of October. :yes:

Finnvitka
Denim Demon

Postby Finnvitka » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:21 am

RedTeamWins wrote:Out of curiosity, those people with unlimited text type contracts/whatever for their mobiles, how many messages do you send on average to any one person on your contacts list? Say, per week?

I'd go into more as to why this is in any way relevant to anything, but it's monumentally boring.

probably about 3.

I really need to lower my contract.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

Imperanonn
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Imperanonn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:29 am

I've sent about 1.3k in the last 2 months or so. The thing was though is that it was either unlimited texts or 300 texts per month with the phone I wanted to get.
peypea wrote:I'm still angry that Middle Earth isn't real.

Last.fm Facebook
Add me on XBL: Winterfylleth

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:43 am

RedTeamWins wrote:Out of curiosity, those people with unlimited text type contracts/whatever for their mobiles, how many messages do you send on average to any one person on your contacts list? Say, per week?

I send about...15 texts a week? and im on a £30 a month contract, seems a bit pointless really :lol:
It's because when i was on pay as you go i was texting like mad but now i've got the luxury of free texts there's no need

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:09 pm

I probably send five a week, all to the brother. Even when I was with someone I was only sending maybe thirty to forty a week, if that. My contract allows 300 minutes/texts a month.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:27 pm

I send about 30-40 texts a week and I get unlimited texts for a tenner. Booyah.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Our uni's radio station is on Mixcloud, so we effectively podcast all our broadcasts. Just finished editing our first one - who wants to listen to the best / worst radio show ever? http://i.mixcloud.com/CEru5

Immort_Reaper
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Immort_Reaper » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:52 pm

I've had my phone for 2 months maybe, sent over 3000 texts. :lol:

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Just realised that I have no munchies in my room, and the room service menus have some pretty tasty snacks but they're a bit pricey.

So, for this week, do I snaffle as many sarnies as I can mid-afternoon and store them in my room? Only problem is I have no fridge.

I do have a daily £20 limit on food I can buy from the bar, and £24 from the restaurant, but I'm not sure if room service food is included.

Also, problem with this place is, it's on a golf course which is really nice and scenic and stuff but it's miles from anywhere.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Shoulda picked up those biscuits from the kitchen table before you went. :lol:
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Fjar wrote:Shoulda picked up those biscuits from the kitchen table before you went. :lol:

Damn, yeah, hands were full though >.<

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 pm

A life without snacks is no life at all.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Fibbly wrote:A life without snacks is no life at all.

This is true, I might nip off and find a local sainsbury in the next town after classes tomorrow...

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:52 pm

siliconfury wrote:Just realised that I have no munchies in my room, and the room service menus have some pretty tasty snacks but they're a bit pricey.

So, for this week, do I snaffle as many sarnies as I can mid-afternoon and store them in my room? Only problem is I have no fridge.

I do have a daily £20 limit on food I can buy from the bar, and £24 from the restaurant, but I'm not sure if room service food is included.

Also, problem with this place is, it's on a golf course which is really nice and scenic and stuff but it's miles from anywhere.

From my experiance the bill for room service is the same as the bill at a restaurant if you charge to a room.

So it shouldn't matter if it has a VAT number on it.

Make a game of it and snaffle some cakes and pastries from breakfast as they dont need chilling and should last until evening if fresh.

Where did they send you?
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...