A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Prometherion91
Denim Demon
Posts: 7754
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:45 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Prometherion91 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:48 am

herzeleid wrote:I'm 24 and I don't particularly like the beatles, what do I win?

Also, there's nothing worse than someone who likes metal, then goes mad about how much other stuff they listen to. Broken record if I ever did hear one.

People who say they listen to "everything" when they actually listen to very little is worse.
Womble wrote:Petri isn't fat. He's just ribbed for her pleasure.

User avatar
Fjar
Denim Demon
Posts: 10174
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Fjar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 am

Jobdone wrote:I've never listened to enough The Beatles to form a legitimate opinion on them and their music.



Wait, I mean BEATLES SUCK.


This. Listen to enough of their stuff, and you'll discover some gems aside from the bigger hits.







(lol 'bigger tits').
Image
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 pm

siliconfury wrote:Yes, because of course if a band's songs have no solos then it's never a rock band. :eyes:


does this mean I can't listen to The Ramones any more because Johnny Ramone never ripped out a squealing face melter and they're officially Not A Rock Band? :(
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
V-Man
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1573
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby V-Man » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:40 pm

Finnvitka wrote:does this mean I can't listen to The Ramones any more because Johnny Ramone never ripped out a squealing face melter and they're officially Not A Rock Band? :(


Better. :eyes:
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

User avatar
herzeleid
Denim Demon
Posts: 6576
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:36 am
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:44 pm

A whole game of nothing but Ramones songs would get pretty damn tedious quite quickly.

That being said, I don't generally like the idea of those games based on one artist.

User avatar
Finnvitka
Denim Demon
Posts: 15479
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: NCC-1701
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Finnvitka » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith was awesome but there were other bands songs in there and you kind of recreate the story of the band from when they first started and also it's Aerosmith so they're awesome.
tumblr|facebook
[Josh] i fucking love bottom ;_;

ImageImageImage

User avatar
herzeleid
Denim Demon
Posts: 6576
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:36 am
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:50 pm

The Metallica one didn't have the band's story, but then I spose members being crushed by buses and makeup in the 90's wouldn't have appealed to the game's main demographic. Maybe i'd change my mind if they one day focus on a band I really like, but I doubt it.

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:03 pm

i never denied the beatles being influential, i just dont like them, therefore i said they're shit.

also. band specific music games tend to be pretty rubbish
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:05 pm

Not liking a band doesn't make them shit.

I'm not a massively huge fan of Soil but they're in no way shit.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
CrapyMike
Denim Demon
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby CrapyMike » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:07 pm

im not saying its a fact that they are shit, my opinion is that they are shit. i realise loads of people love them, but to me they're shit and have no good songs
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

Image
http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

User avatar
Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 11935
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:43 pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:09 pm

In other news, why the fuck have I got Limp Bizkit's My Generation stuck in my head? Specially, the breakdown.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:10 pm

CrapyMike wrote:im not saying its a fact that they are shit, my opinion is that they are shit. i realise loads of people love them, but to me they're shit and have no good songs


The problem with the beatles, that stops me saying they suck, is they've spanned so many genres with so many albums that I haven't listened to that I can't just outright say I don't like any of their songs.

Different to say, Nile. Who sound the same on every album, and always sound shit.
Image

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Moonburp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Jobdone wrote:
CrapyMike wrote:im not saying its a fact that they are shit, my opinion is that they are shit. i realise loads of people love them, but to me they're shit and have no good songs


The problem with the beatles, that stops me saying they suck, is they've spanned so many genres with so many albums that I haven't listened to that I can't just outright say I don't like any of their songs.

Different to say, Nile. Who sound the same on every album, and always sound shit.

Agreed on both points.

User avatar
RedTeamWins
Denim Demon
Posts: 8970
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 am
Location: SPACE!

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby RedTeamWins » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Laptop's being a mardy cow, so I'm sans-internet at home, which is basically all my entertainment gone, which is also pretty worrying. :(

User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:28 pm

RedTeamWins wrote:Laptop's being a mardy cow, so I'm sans-internet at home, which is basically all my entertainment gone, which is also pretty worrying. :(


You don't realise how much you use it till it's gone.

I had no internet for a couple of days, and I caught myself about 50 times automatically going to open Firefox.
Image