A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Littlemissmetal » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Smindas wrote:As the line-up stands, I probably won't be going to BOA this year either. I love the people and will be gutted I'll miss out on hilarious campsite shenanigans (ie. drinking a lot whilst being soaked through thanks to torrential rain) but there are just not enough bands I'm interested in on the bill to justify spending the money. Last year was a similar situation but the announcements of Devin Townsend and Twisted Sister guaranteed my presence. There was however a lot of down-time.

Alex and I are the same, Sam. We're thinking of heading down for a day at most, at the minute. I'm holding out and hoping for the Scorps as Sunday headliner, then they guarantee my attendance :D
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

Fibbly
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Fibbly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Smindas wrote:As the line-up stands, I probably won't be going to BOA this year either. I love the people and will be gutted I'll miss out on hilarious campsite shenanigans (ie. drinking a lot whilst being soaked through thanks to torrential rain) but there are just not enough bands I'm interested in on the bill to justify spending the money. Last year was a similar situation but the announcements of Devin Townsend and Twisted Sister guaranteed my presence. There was however a lot of down-time.

Just join a re-enactment society. That is about the long and short of their activities.
If knowledge is a lactating mother- then I'm a very thirsty baby...

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:36 am

Littlemissmetal wrote:Alex and I are the same, Sam. We're thinking of heading down for a day at most, at the minute. I'm holding out and hoping for the Scorps as Sunday headliner, then they guarantee my attendance :D

It's unlikely I'll be going. Tarot is the only decent announcement so far. If Scorpions were booked then I'd consider going on a day ticket, though I'm hoping for their own show. The line-up is about as bad as it's been since 2007 was rebooked and I only went in 2008 because my ex wanted to see Iced Earth.

It's going to be either Wacken or Priest's day at High Voltage.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:59 am

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:37 am

at the moment i am thinking of doing wacken/metalcamp over boa, want to give uk fests a rest this year
Last edited by Metal_saddle on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 am

jackcake wrote:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Alex and I are the same, Sam. We're thinking of heading down for a day at most, at the minute. I'm holding out and hoping for the Scorps as Sunday headliner, then they guarantee my attendance :D

It's unlikely I'll be going. Tarot is the only decent announcement so far. If Scorpions were booked then I'd consider going on a day ticket, though I'm hoping for their own show. The line-up is about as bad as it's been since 2007 was rebooked and I only went in 2008 because my ex wanted to see Iced Earth.

It's going to be either Wacken or Priest's day at High Voltage.

At the moment, as sod's law would dictate, everything I want to see except for Tarot is on the Saturday. Ah well.

However, we may see you at High Voltage. We're seeing Iron Maiden in Sheffield on the Sunday, but I think we're going to be there for Priest if we can afford it :)

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:28 am

Fuck yeah, Judas Priest. If the HV lineup is anything like it was last year it will be stellar and I shall be giddy as a schoolboy at all the classic rock. Wish I'd gone to the first one a) to see Glenn Hughes/Jorn Lande's H&H tribute performance, but my two favourite classic rock bands, Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash, played all of Demons & Wizards and Argus respectively.

I reckon HV will have Priest, with Scorpions as the undercard.
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:44 am

Twaddlefish wrote:Fuck yeah, Judas Priest. If the HV lineup is anything like it was last year it will be stellar and I shall be giddy as a schoolboy at all the classic rock. Wish I'd gone to the first one a) to see Glenn Hughes/Jorn Lande's H&H tribute performance, but my two favourite classic rock bands, Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash, played all of Demons & Wizards and Argus respectively.

I reckon HV will have Priest, with Scorpions as the undercard.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. I grabbed a weekend ticket because a) Priest and b) Last year's lineup was brilliant, so even if this year hasn't improved it'll still be ace.

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Oh God, if it's Priest and Scorps on the same day...... *happy dance of glee* :D

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:28 pm

I think I have finally worked out the underpinnings of the universe. It's really quite simple. The universe runs on brie.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:31 pm

thehairyone wrote:I think I have finally worked out the underpinnings of the universe. It's really quite simple. The universe runs on brie.

Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Strapping Young Kate
Paster of Muppets

Postby Strapping Young Kate » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Hellfest and (Friday at) Sonisphere are looking a lot more appealing than BOA for me at the moment. But I reckon if I can scrape together some more cash by then it'd be a shame to waste my Rock Soc membership.
Moonburp wrote:Now everyone has Daniel Radcliffe's todger burned into their retinas and I feel like it's my fault.

Turbo wrote:Dont fucking diss the Babybel, sheep shagger.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Not exactly new news but I'm always amazed by how well this song parodies all Bowie's music career while being highly amusing.

Flight Of The Conchords - Bowie
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Twaddlefish wrote:
thehairyone wrote:I think I have finally worked out the underpinnings of the universe. It's really quite simple. The universe runs on brie.

I'll get back to you with an actual working out of this. I'm sure there is some cheddar stabilisation there too...

gumpy87
Denim Demon

Postby gumpy87 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Strapping Young Kate wrote:Hellfest and (Friday at) Sonisphere are looking a lot more appealing than BOA for me at the moment. But I reckon if I can scrape together some more cash by then it'd be a shame to waste my Rock Soc membership.

If you knew you weren't going couldn't you just sell your Rock Soc membership
By this axe I rule