The Anime Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: The Anime Thread

Postby WorMzy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Stiens;Gate is amazeballs.

I'll leave this here for when you're done with the main series: http://animeshow.tv/Steins-Gate-Soumei- ... episode-1/
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:08 am

I have that on my list of anime to watch. But its been a good month or so since I last watched any. Football Manager has grabbed my attention too much :lol:

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:12 am

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/TragicIdol

The list of anime I have seen etc

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Jobdone wrote:Yeah, 1-6 were really funny and kinda interesting, but not immediately gripping like some animes.

But after that, it all starts kicking off and going batshit and then when I'm drawn in.

And then after around episode 12-14 the feels start kicking in and the show has your heart in a vice for the rest of the season.

Apparently it was universally hated in Japan at first though, which is odd. Maybe because of how...typically western it feels?

Also quite enjoying season 2 of Sword Art: Online. I initially watched it dubbed and this is the first anime I watched subbed, but it's still pretty good!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:49 am

I think we had a discussion about this in the movie thread, but I can't deal with dubbed.

The japanese voice actor was integral to my enjoyment of Steins;Gate. The guy could switch his tone and approach for every situation.

Also, finished Steins;Gate. That was amazing, and god damned what a lovely ending. Heartwarming as fuck yo.

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:23 pm

Jobdone wrote:I think we had a discussion about this in the movie thread, but I can't deal with dubbed.

The japanese voice actor was integral to my enjoyment of Steins;Gate. The guy could switch his tone and approach for every situation.

Also, finished Steins;Gate. That was amazing, and god damned what a lovely ending. Heartwarming as fuck yo.

Glad you liked it! I watched it dubbed and I loved it personally. :D

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:48 am

Currently watching Parasyte, which is great if you like fucked up gore. Highly recommended. Mostly well written, apart from most of the characters being boring as shit.

Also trying out Mushishi and Fate/Stay Night too. Mushishi seems pretty engaging so far!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:02 am

I do like fucked up gore, so I'll give that a download.

Also nearly finished Sword Art Online. It started amazing, but I haven't really liked the second arc. Kinda slowed things down a bit too much for me.

EDIT: Scrap that, its hitting some heavier shit now that's pretty interesting.

EDIT: 2 and a half episodes to go.

I know there's a season 2 so I assumed this last 2 and a half will involve

asuna getting her memories wiped by the evil guy just before she goes back into the real world and kirito being all noooooooo pls i love u and his cousin being all "apparently it's not weird that we're cousins, but brother and sister was weird, hey lets bang" and then season 2 they have to go into another virtual world for reasons.

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Jobdone wrote:I do like fucked up gore, so I'll give that a download.

Also nearly finished Sword Art Online. It started amazing, but I haven't really liked the second arc. Kinda slowed things down a bit too much for me.

EDIT: Scrap that, its hitting some heavier shit now that's pretty interesting.

EDIT: 2 and a half episodes to go.

I know there's a season 2 so I assumed this last 2 and a half will involve

asuna getting her memories wiped by the evil guy just before she goes back into the real world and kirito being all noooooooo pls i love u and his cousin being all "apparently it's not weird that we're cousins, but brother and sister was weird, hey lets bang" and then season 2 they have to go into another virtual world for reasons.

The Fairy MMO part of season 1 was a bit boring, yeah, but the villain made it compelling as fuck to watch (because that guy was rapey as fuck and I wanted him to die horribly).

Season 2 has the exact same structure. Starts off fucking class, and then the momentum dropped massively. Overall it's a good show, with a fantastic premise...but by god the characters are so under-written.

Also, 2 episodes in to Mushi-shi and I can confirm that it is gorgeous in every way. Fate/Stay Night's first episode was really, really boring so I don't know if I can stick with it.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:51 pm

Potato-Jim wrote:(because that guy was rapey as fuck and I wanted him to die horribly).

yeah, the guy was fucking mental D: nice enough ending. vaguely intrigued what trhey can pull with season 2. and kiritos a bit of dick for continuing to lead on his cousin. who is weirdly okay with fucking a family relation. WE'RE NOT SIBLINGS, WE CAN FUCK NOW

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Jobdone wrote:
Potato-Jim wrote:(because that guy was rapey as fuck and I wanted him to die horribly).

yeah, the guy was fucking mental D: nice enough ending. vaguely intrigued what trhey can pull with season 2. and kiritos a bit of dick for continuing to lead on his cousin. who is weirdly okay with fucking a family relation. WE'RE NOT SIBLINGS, WE CAN FUCK NOW

Oh his dickheadness gets worse. I also recommend watching a couple of the 2nd villain scenes dubbed because his voice fitted it so well it made him seem even creepier.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:18 pm

Jobdone wrote:

Yeah, that totally gets ignored in the second season. Basically, the second half of the first season is ignored.

Also, 2 episodes in to Mushi-shi and I can confirm that it is gorgeous in every way. Fate/Stay Night's first episode was really, really boring so I don't know if I can stick with it.

Mm, the first couple of episodes were slow to get going, but it gets better. I'm at episode 8, and there's been a few good fights. It's been a while since I watched the 2006 version, but this one is a lot more coherent and well made.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:53 pm

I'll try watching it again after I get through everything Mushi-shi since it seems more compelling and I have the attention span of deep-fried asparagus.

..Which is quite low, I'll have you know.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Been watching Psycho-Pass, it's pretty good. :D

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Just finished True Tears.

Nothing worse than when the protaganist chooses the person you DON'T want him/her to be with :X

Not that I disliked who he chose, just preferred Noe :(