Thread 101

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Thread 101

Postby Turbo » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:44 pm

I watched a little bit of the Brits. I want Ant and Dec in Room 101, because they suck, have always sucked and always will suck.

Though id be happy if someone just smothered them in their sleep. Im not picky.

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:00 am

The Brits? Who are we supposed to be raving about this time round and then forget they won an award?

Think that's something that can go in thread 101; critical/industry awards, I don't need someone to tell me what I should and shouldn't like when I already have Blake for that

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:25 pm

houston4044 wrote:3) The song doesn't represent England, it represents the UK

That depends on the version in question. If you're including verses about crushing the rebellious Scots, then I'm fairly confident that it doesn't represent Scotland!
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:02 am

Tet wrote:
houston4044 wrote:3) The song doesn't represent England, it represents the UK

That depends on the version in question. If you're including verses about crushing the rebellious Scots, then I'm fairly confident that it doesn't represent Scotland!

Apart from when Milliband, Cameron and Clegg celebrated winning the referendum I didn't think that version was used anymore :lol:

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 am

keera_envenomed wrote:If by "big historical ties" you mean England invaded them and repressed their culture and people for hundreds of years then maybe! The Welsh certainly haven't forgotten that.
I think these Welsh girls have:

But I think it's safe to say that if Wales/Scotland/Ireland had been the areas with the rich farmland and metal resources then they would have been the ones doing the repressing. Or are they genetically more peace loving than the English?
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:35 am

Metalchemyst wrote:
But I think it's safe to say that if Wales/Scotland/Ireland had been the areas with the rich farmland and metal resources then they would have been the ones doing the repressing.

Nah they'd have still had their cultures wiped out just as they were for the farmland. See the Highland Clearances for example.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:51 am

Metalchemyst wrote:Image

She has a one way system according to the sign.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:43 pm

siliconfury wrote:
Metalchemyst wrote:
But I think it's safe to say that if Wales/Scotland/Ireland had been the areas with the rich farmland and metal resources then they would have been the ones doing the repressing.

Nah they'd have still had their cultures wiped out just as they were for the farmland. See the Highland Clearances for example.

See also; Cromwellian plantation, "To Hell Or Connaught", The Popery Act and mandatory tenancy subdivision etc. in Ireland.

Lebensraum was always the crown's primary motivation in Ireland, the racial supremacy complex and religious reasons were just concocted to justify it. Tactical security against Spain was a distant secondary reason.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Women with prams who think they own the place just because they have a child. So many times I have seen/experienced these women moving through crowded shops/shopping centres, making no attempt to even slightly move for people trying to get past.

It seems to be a thing that they expect you to literally twist yourself into the smallest spaces because they have a child, they're special, so therefore you should move, and they should simply stand there in the middle of a crowded gangway.

I deliberately don't move for them now, unless they move too. So many times they have almost cracked into my knees because they think I'm going to crush myself into small space to let their hellspawn through. It's called manners! We both have to move to let each other past, I couldn't give a shit about them or their screeching parasite.

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:51 pm

People who walk right on the edge of a zebra crossing but carry on walking along the pavement. Also the people who do a mini jog across the zebra crossing at the last moment. You people suck.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:
siliconfury wrote:
Metalchemyst wrote:
See also; Cromwellian plantation, "To Hell Or Connaught", The Popery Act and mandatory tenancy subdivision etc. in Ireland.

Lebensraum was always the crown's primary motivation in Ireland, the racial supremacy complex and religious reasons were just concocted to justify it. Tactical security against Spain was a distant secondary reason.
Well, if the resources of the British Isles had been distributed differently it would have been a different history from the Romans onward. The Celtic areas would have had larger populations with more trade and better weapons. My point really is that powerful countries exploit weaker countries. It's just human nature, not goodies and baddies.

VizardAmata wrote:Women with prams who think they own the place just because they have a child. So many times I have seen/experienced these women moving through crowded shops/shopping centres, making no attempt to even slightly move for people trying to get past.

It seems to be a thing that they expect you to literally twist yourself into the smallest spaces because they have a child, they're special, so therefore you should move, and they should simply stand there in the middle of a crowded gangway.

I deliberately don't move for them now, unless they move too. So many times they have almost cracked into my knees because they think I'm going to crush myself into small space to let their hellspawn through. It's called manners! We both have to move to let each other past, I couldn't give a shit about them or their screeching parasite.
Kind of like 'Baby on board' stickers (or 'Princess on board' as I saw the other day) - as if it's okay to drive less carefully when there are no children in the other cars.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:37 pm

Turbo wrote:
Metalchemyst wrote:Image
She has a one way system according to the sign.
Very good :)

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:16 am

Power Metal and Metalcore bands

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 am

n'aww :P

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:12 pm

VizardAmata wrote:I couldn't give a shit about them or their screeching parasite.

I think I love you :lol:
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...