Thread 101

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Re: Thread 101

Postby VirginInvader » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:53 pm

The worst is when the tarts expect you to crush yourself into a corner on a packed bus so they can get their unnecessarily big pram on. Get fucked. I'll happy move for a fella in a wheelchair or whatever, but last time I checked this isn't the Third Reich and you don't get a medal for reproducing.
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Metalchemyst wrote:Kind of like 'Baby on board' stickers (or 'Princess on board' as I saw the other day) - as if it's okay to drive less carefully when there are no children in the other cars.

Not sure how true it is but I remember hearing years ago that their original purpose was to let emergency services personnel know that there was someone in the car that was incapable of getting themselves out of the car in the event of a serious accident, which would actually make sense.

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:19 pm

VirginInvader wrote:The worst is when the tarts expect you to crush yourself into a corner on a packed bus so they can get their unnecessarily big pram on. Get fucked. I'll happy move for a fella in a wheelchair or whatever, but last time I checked this isn't the Third Reich and you don't get a medal for reproducing.

No you get to appear on jeremy kyle instead.

Beardy wrote:
Metalchemyst wrote:Kind of like 'Baby on board' stickers (or 'Princess on board' as I saw the other day) - as if it's okay to drive less carefully when there are no children in the other cars.

Not sure how true it is but I remember hearing years ago that their original purpose was to let emergency services personnel know that there was someone in the car that was incapable of getting themselves out of the car in the event of a serious accident, which would actually make sense.

i know from an uncle who was a fireman that they look for blue badges first so they'd probably look for baby on board signs too

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:48 pm

I read a counter to that, that it was an urban legend and emergency services will likely spot other clues of a baby being in the vehicle first, such as a baby seat, rather than waste time looking for a yellow sign in the back.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:18 pm

siliconfury wrote:I read a counter to that, that it was an urban legend and emergency services will likely spot other clues of a baby being in the vehicle first, such as a baby seat, rather than waste time looking for a yellow sign in the back.

Couldn't hurt having something extra to draw their attention

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:49 pm

siliconfury wrote:I read a counter to that, that it was an urban legend and emergency services will likely spot other clues of a baby being in the vehicle first, such as a baby seat, rather than waste time looking for a yellow sign in the back.

They probably would now and with the amount of parodies of them, those signs are next to useless for that purpose these days. Remember that they first started appearing in the mid 1980s around the time it was only just becoming law for passengers to wear seatbelts in the front seats and baby seats were hardly used by anyone though.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:38 pm

As Turbo previously mentioned: smelly people at gigs. There is no excuse whatsoever for people to attend gigs smelling like dead badgers.

I actually got a shout out in this month's Power Play by a journo mate of mine due to a smelly couple at the Sabaton Gig in Manchester.

They stank so badly I sprayed them with deodorant. My mate agreed that they were so bad, they were actually making him feel sick, and included the incident in his review :lol:
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:13 pm

I first noticed smelly people at gigs and in pubs when the smoking ban happened. I think we lived in a haze of stale ciggies for years.

Similar one to that is gobshites that wear backpacks indoors, especially in pubs and at gigs. I nearly swallowed a bottle of Dog because of some cunt last week. :x
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Yep rucksacks are also a pain, especially as I am such a short stop. They always smack me full in the face.

Think that's why I am so affected by people with smelly armpits, as they are usually at my nose level :lol:
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Add to that the sweaty people with long hair and then headbang drenching anyone in the vicinity of them

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:23 pm

The ultimate disgust is peeling someone else's hair off your face and neck once you get home. :ugh:
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Yeah I hate it when I go to see dirty long-haired bands and the place is full of dirty longhairs.
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:11 pm

VirginInvader wrote:Yeah I hate it when I go to see dirty long-haired bands and the place is full of dirty longhairs.

That's why i only see bands post chemo... too far right? :lol:

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Yes, I like the band Cancer too

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:28 pm

People who share shit like this on facebook. Are you fucking thick? Animals do not look like this.

I swear some people just believe whatever crap they see on the internet