Test of Authoritarianism

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: Test of Authoritarianism

Postby Tet » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:48 pm

14.2%. But like all such things, the questions are sometimes ambiguous and leading.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:16 pm

There's a more scientific test for this kind of thing:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26481-left-or-right-wing-brains-disgust-response-tells-all/

The way your brain reacts to a single disgusting image can be used to predict whether you lean to the left or the right politically. A number of studies have probed the emotions of people along the political spectrum, and found that disgust in particular is tightly linked to political orientation. People who are highly sensitive to disgusting images – of bodily waste, gore or animal remains – are more likely to sit on the political right and show concern for what they see as bodily and spiritual purity, so tend to oppose abortion and gay marriage, for example. . .

The team found that these neural signatures of disgust can be used to predict political orientation. “In fact, the responses in the brain are so strong that we can predict with 95 per cent accuracy where you’ll fall on the liberal-conservative spectrum by showing you just one picture,” says Montague. “This was surprising as there are no other reports where people’s response to just one stimulus predicts anything behaviourally interesting.”
DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:10 pm

47.73%

Sounds about right. But the questions are pretty chronic.
I swing wide left and right on a lot of issues, for example 'traditional values' etc I'm always strongly agreeing that shit, but a massive femenist at the same time, so strongly disagreeing on anything 'traditional women's roles'.
Basically, I am extreme and impossible to place on a spectrum 8)

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:11 am

keera_envenomed wrote:12.5% like the dirty commie I am :lol:

I got exactly the same. Well done, comrade!
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:33 am

Just proves I make a useless Nazi.

So stop calling me a fucking Nazi. I just lived there, ate some Schnitzels, loved home made Stollen. Have some Luftwaffe tunic patches but don't judge me.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:57 am

Turbo wrote:Just proves I make a useless Nazi.

So stop calling me a fucking Nazi. I just lived there, ate some Schnitzels, loved home made Stollen. Have some Luftwaffe tunic patches but don't judge me.

I know right!

You live in Germany for a few years and suddenly everyone thinks your a nazi just because you think jewish people are subhuman.

What the fuck happened to be accepting of everyone eh?

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Nantha wrote:47.73%

Sounds about right. But the questions are pretty chronic.
I swing wide left and right on a lot of issues, for example 'traditional values' etc I'm always strongly agreeing that shit, but a massive femenist at the same time, so strongly disagreeing on anything 'traditional women's roles'.
Basically, I am extreme and impossible to place on a spectrum 8)

That's the thing, if you're a mixture of extremes in your views, you're gonna balance out. Also even the most extreme person is gonna be swayed by "Here's an adorable puppy, if Hitler gave you a million pounds, would you kill it?" or some bollocks, if you use the right loaded language and appeals to emotion. Gimme a break, y'know?

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:49 pm

"Right-wing authoritarians want society and social interactions structured in ways that increase uniformity and minimize diversity. In order to achieve that, they tend to be in favour of social control, coercion, and the use of group authority to place constraints on the behaviours of people"

10.23% - fuck conformity. Screw religious brain washing. The government should have a clear responsibility of taking care of its citizens, the people should feel compelled to therefore return the favour. I believe in a multi-cultural society, where diversity should be celebrated.

Metalchemyst
Denim Demon

Postby Metalchemyst » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:10 pm

fluffymoo wrote:"Right-wing authoritarians want society and social interactions structured in ways that increase uniformity and minimize diversity. In order to achieve that, they tend to be in favour of social control, coercion, and the use of group authority to place constraints on the behaviours of people"

10.23% - fuck conformity. Screw religious brain washing. The government should have a clear responsibility of taking care of its citizens, the people should feel compelled to therefore return the favour. I believe in a multi-cultural society, where diversity should be celebrated.
What do you think of the Sweden Democrats?

DISTORTION JUNKIES SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Oh lord, now you've done it. EVERYONE RUN.