EU Referendum and Afterwards

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)

Will Scotland vote to leave the UK before the General Election of 2020?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 17

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: POLL: The EU Referendum

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:40 am

Seems to be the Celts wanting to stay.....

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:06 am

Even though I didn't agree with most of the "big arguments" from the leave campaign I'm glad we've won. Watched most of it but fell asleep when they brought Milliband out :lol:

And the good news for everyone pulling the race card, I can't see UKIP existing on the same level now their goal has been reached.

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:48 am

Whilst it is good that democracy is alive and well, both my hubby and I are now genuinely concerned regarding our jobs (German owned company with only a relatively small uk operation and the financial market).

I also wonder how, in future years, farmers will be able to persuade people within the UK to work crop picking. Our local farmers have tried for years and no-one British wants to know. I also wonder how hospitals will replace the doctors and nurses from within the EU in such a relatively short time period.

On a purely selfish note, I have just ordered a shit load of euros for next month before the uk markets open and the value plummets !
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:11 am

Every single voting region in Scotland voted Remain. An entire nation. How cruel that it means absolutely nothing in the wider picture.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:36 am

Got to admit, When Cameron became PM I never thought he would essentially lose the job by himself; I thought it was going to be another Thatcher and he gets picked off by his own party.

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:43 am

Fjar wrote:Every single voting region in Scotland voted Remain. An entire nation. How cruel that it means absolutely nothing in the wider picture.

I only spoke to one person who was concerned about the Brexit before the referendum, everyone up here thought it would be a slam dunk for remain since that was the overall impression we all got from each other. :lol:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:06 am

Smerphy wrote:
Fjar wrote:Every single voting region in Scotland voted Remain. An entire nation. How cruel that it means absolutely nothing in the wider picture.

I only spoke to one person who was concerned about the Brexit before the referendum, everyone up here thought it would be a slam dunk for remain since that was the overall impression we all got from each other. :lol:

I think that quite a few of the people in the major cities down here (London, Manchester, Liverpool) were sleepwalking thinking that "they'll never do it". :lol:

Don't expect them to be deporting anyone though. It wasn't about immigration, it was about "managed" immigration. We did pretty well before the flood gates opened. I can't see anything changing to be honest. We need all those Polish brickies to brick up the tunnel. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 am

Liverpool will be full of Welsh immigrants soon when they realise just how much money Wales got from the EU :lol:
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:53 am

We got some people in work proper happy about leave.

We're in social housing in Wales.

I don't think they comprehend how much this + welfare reform will fuck us.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:59 am

keera_envenomed wrote:Liverpool will be full of Welsh immigrants soon when they realise just how much money Wales got from the EU :lol:

It already is. :P

There was actually a pretty good documentary about the Welsh coming to Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07ckwvx

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:27 pm

The girlfriend's not happy. She keeps telling me that if non-voters like me had voted, the outcome would be different. She seems to think that I'd have voted remain, but personally I think this is the best possible result. London didn't get it's way for a change, Scotland'll soon be independent, this lie of a "United Kingdom" will slowly crumble apart, and the status quo will be shattered.

That's all I've ever wanted.

She's already getting on me to vote in the event of another indy referendum, and going on about how if everyone who doesn't like the two-party system went out and voted for someone else, we wouldn't be stuck with the Conservatives and Labour all the time. I think she has too much belief that the system can work, when what I think we need to do is get rid of the system completely.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:07 pm

I wouldn't say it's a guarantee that Scotland will be independent, and from what I've heard Wales have really fucked themselves with this one, so by no means an ideal scenario. Also David Cameron has stepped down and will now likely be replaced by someone far worse.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:00 pm

The irony realizing that when people argue this forum isn't representative of the festival in general only have to point to the poll taken here

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:50 pm

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:16 pm

houston4044 wrote:The irony realizing that when people argue this forum isn't representative of the festival in general only have to point to the poll taken here

If you reason that quite a lot of people on here are under thirty with a few oldies like me then I think that it's quite representative of the country as a whole.

A lot of youngsters were very supportive of the EU as that's all they've ever known but a lot of oldies remember what it was like pre 1990s before the EU started to grow in power.